• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Salesman just love TUG on facebook!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It doesnt take much to find Eric's employment info.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-strode/2a/975/253

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Good one, he claims to care about causes for education and when Brian points out the need for educating yourself before buying vaca time he lashes out.

Causes Eric cares about:
Animal Welfare
Children
Civil Rights and Social Action
Economic Empowerment
Education
Environment
Health
Human Rights
Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
Politics
Poverty Alleviation

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im pretty sure being a hypocrite is a common trait in many of the more devious salesmen in the industry.

this thread is just golden!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good one, he claims to care about causes for education and when Brian points out the need for educating yourself before buying vaca time he lashes out.

Causes Eric cares about:
Animal Welfare
Children
Economic Empowerment
Education
Environment
Health
Human Rights
Politics
Poverty Alleviation

This is a BS list many LinkedIners use because it makes them look socially progressive and they think that increases their chances of getting hired. I strongly support many of those causes (I won't say which), but choose to leave that off LinkedIn because I want my skills and experience to speak for me.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tried to add Brian to one of the facebook groups I belong to and was told "you can't add someone who is banned."

Some of the admins out there don't want the truth in their little kingdom groups.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Causes Eric cares about:
Animal Welfare
Children
Economic Empowerment
Education
Environment
Health
Human Rights
Politics
Poverty Alleviation

Interesting. Except for the entry 'Disaster', he even took the time to alphabetize the list. The dude is a piece o' work.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I tried to add Brian to one of the facebook groups I belong to and was told "you can't add someone who is banned."

Some of the admins out there don't want the truth in their little kingdom groups.

haha, which group was i banned from? you dont get notified when you get banned.

but yes ive been told on a number of sites that they wont tolerate the mention of rescinding or resale, and only positive posts are allowed.

its ridiculous.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

but yes ive been told on a number of sites that they wont tolerate the mention of rescinding or resale, and only positive posts are allowed.

its ridiculous.

BG resort addicts is all positive and I'm sure you're banned from it but it was Bluegreen Owners Buy and Sell, a public group.

The admin there has stated he wanted only deeds for sale and the started other groups for rentals and rental wanted but it continues to list for rent ads also.

I like to look through it to see what peeps are offering. Like going through the bargain deals and LMR here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415493675355850/

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

its ridiculous.

I personally consider comments about rescission and resale to be the most positive posts possible.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, the resort addicts was the one that demanded only positive posts and specifically said no mention of rescission or resale was allowed.

its a shame to, as they get many people who just bought...and are just showered with congratulations and praise vs actually being given the option to rescind and buy the exact same thing on the resale market.

ive seen many "resale = bottom feeders" comments there in the past, they seem to believe retail makes you a better person/owner.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
yea, the resort addicts was the one that demanded only positive posts and specifically said no mention of rescission or resale was allowed.

its a shame to, as they get many people who just bought...and are just showered with congratulations and praise vs actually being given the option to rescind and buy the exact same thing on the resale market.

ive seen many "resale = bottom feeders" comments there in the past, they seem to believe retail makes you a better person/owner.

I'm proud to be called a bottom feeder. In a month, I have taken on a week per year in places I want to be, for the cost of MF going forward, and full use of a resort pool and gym (Day Use) that costs me $117 per year with the bonus of an interval to trade, use, or give away every three years.

I am proud to be a bottom feeder.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is a shame, they are doing a dis-service to new owners by telling them their options.

BG sends new owners to that site and they are allowed to use the BG logo so they do what BG wants.

I wish they would dis allow the question that come in about buyers remorse. Tell them the whole story or don't let them pose the question.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a shame, they are doing a dis-service to new owners by telling them their options.

BG sends new owners to that site and they are allowed to use the BG logo so they do what BG wants.

I wish they would dis allow the question that come in about buyers remorse. Tell them the whole story or don't let them pose the question.

On the other hand, every resale fish becomes bluefin tuna for resale buyers, eventually. It isn't unethical if you've done what you can to educate them before they collapse.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its even worse with BG because the resale points are literally worth zero in the resale market....yet are still actively sold at retail prices.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and apparently back for more today!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, and hes officially gone off the deep end today...must have forgotten his meds

im going to unfriend him after this last nonsense, but here is his last post (warning before you click to expand it, its very vulgar)

Attachments

• salesman.png
    salesman.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 257

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
wow, and hes officially gone off the deep end today...must have forgotten his meds

im going to unfriend him after this last nonsense, but here is his last post (warning before you click to expand it, its very vulgar)

Wow! What an absolute idiot. If there were only standards in the timeshare industry and a peer review of some sort this guy would be kicked out for posting this message. I think this is good insight into what many in the industry really think about resale and those who advocate it.

Sent from my iPad

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
He better be careful, there are laws in most states now against making cyber threats, he should be reported to Facebook admins for harrassment.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
He better be careful, there are laws in most states now against making cyber threats, he should be reported to Facebook admins for harrassment.

I suggest reporting him to Facebook. That type of behavior probably violates their terms and conditions and I for one am scared for the life of my family as a result of his threats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUGBrian, I really don't get why you are on such a mission to promote the discrediting od timeshare salesmen and shame of buying retail. You say the point is education and presenting the other side of the story, but no it seems really vindictive and spiteful. One can promote TUG and buying resale without being so antagonistic. I do realize the mob mentality hatred that exists on TUG against salespeople and the utter repugnance of buying retail, but it just isn't all that good a look.

Don't get me wrong, I can envision no scenario under which 99% of consumers could benefit by buying retail over resale, and I also think timeshare salespeople are prone to distortions of truth. However, I do not broadly demonize the purchasing of retail, since those retail buyers do provide us resale buyers an invaluable service, and I recognize that the nature of sales is to create demand, and the good ones in any industry can do just that by massaging facts to present a desired "truth".

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it is indeed a shame that it takes such dialog like this to actually attract the attention of the general public...but such is society today it seems.

I am always baffled by how folks seem to feel that the mention or support or promotion of resale somehow equates to demonizing or bashing of retail. Ive said it many many times, if you are educated about both options and choose to buy retail, there is no problem with that whatsoever and you will never get anything other than congratulations on your purchase.

but unfortunately until its common knowledge (likely never) for potential timeshare buyers to even know resale is an option, its up to TUG to try to inform as many owners as possible that it is indeed a viable option. This not only benefits the buyer, as he now has more options to purchase and can make an educated and informed decision (how the free market should work anyway)...but it creates opportunities for owners who wish to sell!

It is not my intention to bash salesman, ive met a good many of them that do their best to not reinforce the stereotype that is clearly depicted in the threads above, but im also not blind seeing day in and day out reports of owners who attended sales presentations and encountered the very things that give said salespersons such a bad name in the first place.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUGBrian, I really don't get why you are on such a mission to promote the discrediting od timeshare salesmen and shame of buying retail. You say the point is education and presenting the other side of the story, but no it seems really vindictive and spiteful. One can promote TUG and buying resale without being so antagonistic. I do realize the mob mentality hatred that exists on TUG against salespeople and the utter repugnance of buying retail, but it just isn't all that good a look.

Don't get me wrong, I can envision no scenario under which 99% of consumers could benefit by buying retail over resale, and I also think timeshare salespeople are prone to distortions of truth. However, I do not broadly demonize the purchasing of retail, since those retail buyers do provide us resale buyers an invaluable service, and I recognize that the nature of sales is to create demand, and the good ones in any industry can do just that by massaging facts to present a desired "truth".
There are many non profits out there that take a similar approach, especially when the education they are trying to give the public runs directly against a well financed marketing engine. . One that comes to mind is the anti smoking advertising. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
TUGBrian, I really don't get why you are on such a mission to promote the discrediting od timeshare salesmen and shame of buying retail. You say the point is education and presenting the other side of the story, but no it seems really vindictive and spiteful. One can promote TUG and buying resale without being so antagonistic. I do realize the mob mentality hatred that exists on TUG against salespeople and the utter repugnance of buying retail, but it just isn't all that good a look. .

It's the poor social/sales skills of so many timeshare salespeople which result in truly horrible experiences which "turn us off" to attending sales presentations. At least 50% of the ones we have attended, if not more, have told us direct lies, been rude and even angry. The few good ones we've had were good experiences. (I can think of only 2 though) and one of those we returned to buy more points, so they got two purchases from us.

Despite the promises at the "parking pass" desk that " our manager does not allow high pressure" it has not been followed through by the salesperson; apparently they had not been told that.

We are happy with what we have, we can timeshare 52 weeks of the year, so we don't need any more. And we're getting older as well and will begin to slow down. But the salesmen insist we need more, and here's why... They'll start listing the..XYZ.... [One reason is we'd never get to be in Tower 6 at Bonnet Creek!!! Thats a sales pitch to spend $39,000? (And indeed, we were in Tower 6 the next visit anyway, because points are points are points).]