• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds Cruise Club questions

Suzy74

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm interested in booking the BVI Tradewinds cruise, but I'm unsure how to go about it the most economical way. My parents belong to RCI, so I can exchange with them - the AI fee is $1300pp, plus another $300 or so for exchange and guest certificate fees (so proabably around $3000 total). I've also heard you can be referred through an owner or "rent" a week. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a forum or site for people who could refer us or rent us a week? Not sure if that would be less expensive than RCI, but worth looking into because I understand RCI members get the old boats :(

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I started a conversation with you.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
The referral fee depends on what season you want to travel, how many will be in the cabin and what type of boat you want to be on.

For example, I got a referral from a fellow TUG member, I traveled in mid season, on a Luxury Class boat, as a single. The fee was $2,422.50... that includes all food and drinks (I'm not sure if it covers scuba though).

I went to the British Virgin Islands and I absolutely loved it. I liked it so much I purchased a package of points for future cruises.

I was on the 59' boat.... it's a great boat with lots of room to spread out. The captain turned on the A/C while we showered and got dressed for dinner and again when we went to bed.