• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds Members Groups?...

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there is a Facebook group out there, but I don't have an account (and I don't really want one).

But, I do want to learn ( and share what I can) from other owners. There used to be a Yahoo group ( to which I belong), but I don't think that is very active, if used at all anymore.

We are returning to the BVI this summmer after many years, taking a family cruise and I would love to find some others to ask questions about logistics, tips for cruising with young ones, to find out more about the "Tradewinds Experience" ( so that we can be prepared for the pitch!).

Any suggestions?... Or if there is anyone who would like to share on these topics, that would be great!

Thanks.
Whirl

Last edited:

JoyceFNP

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a facebook group. My husband is on facebook, so I make him keep me updated!

I just got back from the BVI trip last month. It was great! What would you like to know?:)

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is a facebook group. My husband is on facebook, so I make him keep me updated!

I just got back from the BVI trip last month. It was great! What would you like to know?:)

Which ferry service did you take? Did you come in from STT? I have the links with the schedule and so far hope to catch the Road Town Fast ferry, since it goes direct Charlotte Amalie to Road Town. With the children in tow, efficiency is paramount.

I am also very interested in any details you can share about the structure and pricing of the Tradewinds Experience, which I understand is the latest rendition of membership they are selling. We have enjoyed our mini membership; we were/are traditional members from the first iteration of the program - bought a half membership of six cabins and using the last of htem now for this boat. They were very flexible in how we used are weeks, once we started having kids and couldn't make it, but if the kids really love this, then we may consider re-upping. I want to have the benefit of being able to research before I go, so any details would be appreciated. You could PM me if you prefer. It does not matter to me, but some prefer to keep financial details more personal.

Many of my other questions revolve around cruising with young children, so if you were not on a family cruise, I am not sure you can answer those.

Thanks so much,
Whirl

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did I post this on the wrong board?

....or are there just not enough non-facebook Cruisers around????

Any thoughts appreciated.....
Whirl

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We flew into St Thomas the day before boarding our Tradewinds boat in Tortola. We spent the night at the Galleon House, which is a small, no frills place on Governemnt Hill. They had a great hot, free breakfast the next day on a pretty patio with a view. Quick cab ride to the Charlotte Amalie fast ferry to Road Town. When you get to the base you can drop off your luggage and walk over to a little restaurant next door and relax until time to board.there is a big grassy area for the kids to play.

We bought into Tradewinds Experience resale. I don't know how the previous club worked to compare.

Have not been on a Family Cruise, so can't comment.

PS I just saw the date on your post....2011. Guess this post won't help you.

I belong to Tradewinds Cruise Club Cruisers Facebook group. You have to ask to join. Lots and lots of info there.