• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring weeks?

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Have a unit I am considering selling that trades with II. I have weeks deposited that expire in 2017 and 2018. Plus another one I just recently paid the MF on but haven't deposited yet.

Can these deposits be transferred to a new owner?

Medical problems keep us from traveling as much as we used to so it's time to get rid of everything but the bare bones. Already sold my Wyndham and RCI Points units. Now it's time for the II unit to go. Thanks for your input.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
II rules prohibit you from renting exchanges or deposits, and if you get caught, the consequences can be harsh.

If you quietly rent them to friends or family, you should be OK, but if you advertise them on the internet to strangers, you may get caught.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the OP is asking if the deposits themselves can be transferred and not adding the guests to the confirmations.

Reports on this are inconsistent but I know it has been known to happen a few times in the past. You have to contact II and see what they will do but there is nothing to gain until the transfer is completed and the new owner adds the ownership week to their account. Then II can see that they have the same exact week (they record the deeded week and unit in their system). If they end up not being able to do it then just exchange into what the buyer wants and add them as a guest. It's more of a pain but better than nothing.

FWIW II does this all the time for Marriott. An owner will miss their usage and place a request with Marriott who will then contact II. II then transfers a deposit from Marriott's account to the account of the owner. It can definitely be done but it's a matter of getting to the right person at II.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Guess I should have explained myself better. I have that problem occasionally.

I have deposited two weeks with this unit into Interval. One expires 12/31/17 and the other 12/31/18. No trades have been requested or made with these units. I also have this years week available to deposit that I have done nothing with so far.

The unit is worth a minimal amount at best but has always been a great trader. I was hoping to maybe recoup some of my MF by offering to transfer all three to a new owner if possible.

Thanks again for your replies

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In order to put it in the purchase contract you will need to find out from II if they will do it. Like I said it's a matter of getting to the right person and that doesn't include your average rep. Perhaps send a message to the II rep that is here on TUG.