• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to purchase Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Resale

Leeyoo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - I'm glad I found this site and I was able to rescind my Villa Del Palmar Flamingos (Thank you!). I went to a presentation and fell in love with the resort in Villa Del Palmar Flamingos. My wife and I ended up purchasing a studio with 1200 points and additional 1200 pts for roughly around 16k. I was searching online for some reviews of the Villa Group resorts and saw TUG BBS. As I was reading a few thread, a lot of the members mentioned not to buy from developers but buy as resale that's what triggered me to rescind. Also, had bad experience in the past with purchasing Krystal Cancun (another story I can post one day). As I've been looking, I did see two Villa Del Palmar Flamingos 1 bedroom suite for sale and I'm ready to purchase one of them. Below are the details and perhaps would need some clarification and which of the two is better to purchase. An input would be wonderful.

Villa Del Palmar Flamingo
MEMBERSHIP TYPE:
Gold Member
Bank weeks for up to 5 years
Accelerated use
1 Floating week - 1 Bedroom
1 bedroom can be split 2 weeks in a studio (maintenance fee + $430)
Check in any day

SEASON:
1 winter week anytime except Xmas, New Years and Easter
1 summer week anytime - May 6 - Nov 4 only pay maintenance fee if you use

Expires: 2033 about 16 years left
Maintenance Fee: $800

MEMBERSHIP TYPE:
Points system seller is not sure how many points they have

SEASON:
Floating week for every week except Christmas and New Years.

Expires:
They only had this TS for 4 years since its a 30 year I still have about 26 years left

I was reading one of the threads that Gold Membership can reserve any Villa Group resorts up to 24 months. If you are in the point system, you can reserve your own resort up to 24 months but the other resorts are 10 months. Is this true?

Also, I've read that points are not transferable, and if I purchase it will convert to premier? When I spoke with the buyer they asked about the points and they told them it is transferable. I'm confused, can someone please confirm how points works once the ownership transfer?

Which of the two is better deal? I know the Gold Membership expires in about 16 years vs 26 years.

As always, thank you everyone for your inputs. You have help me and so many TS folks!

Leo

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Gold membership is better. Most of the Gold memberships will allow the use of all the resorts. If the contract begins with 16- it is an older Gold membership that doesn't include the Loreto resort and eventually, maybe some of the others. Even so , this Gold membership will allow the resorts in PV, Cabo , Cancun and Nuevo Vallarta , 6 in total, to be reserved 24 months out. There is no home resort with a Gold membership.

The points membership is a lower membership deal. It does revert to a premiere. Premiere memberships are good but all of the resale premiere memberships do have a home resort or PV and a 24 month booking window for the home resort with 10 month at all others.

Go for the Gold.

Bill

Leeyoo

Reaction score
Thank you Bill for your valid input. As far as the points membership, do the points transfer over to new buyer?

Leo

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
What buying resale Villa Points looks like to me is that you would have a Premiere membership with a high maintenance fee and long right to use. The thing many like about Premiere contracts are the low MF and the fewer years left on the RTU. I don't know if the points are treated as points after they are sold resale. Premiere contracts are not point based and good for a certain size unit for a specific mf. Points allow reserving what ever your points can reserve. If you have enough points you could reserve a 2 or 3 bedroom penthouse.

Here is a link that explains the different memberships. You might call owner services to find out if the points are still points but I think it will revert to a regular premiere membership for a specific sized unit with a points based maintenance fee.

http://myuvci.com/vacation-club-information/

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold

Leeyoo

Reaction score
Thank you Barb for the very informative information. I will go ahead and purchase the Gold Membership and then see how much the cost would be to convert to points in the future :)

Thanks!!

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points do not transfer. And from what I understand the Gold Memberships are taking a backseat to the new points membership as far as reservations go.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
Hello Everyone - I'm glad I found this site and I was able to rescind my Villa Del Palmar Flamingos (Thank you!). I went to a presentation and fell in love with the resort in Villa Del Palmar Flamingos. My wife and I ended up purchasing a studio with 1200 points and additional 1200 pts for roughly around 16k. I was searching online for some reviews of the Villa Group resorts and saw TUG BBS. As I was reading a few thread, a lot of the members mentioned not to buy from developers but buy as resale that's what triggered me to rescind. Also, had bad experience in the past with purchasing Krystal Cancun (another story I can post one day). As I've been looking, I did see two Villa Del Palmar Flamingos 1 bedroom suite for sale and I'm ready to purchase one of them. Below are the details and perhaps would need some clarification and which of the two is better to purchase. An input would be wonderful.

MEMBERSHIP TYPE:
Gold Member
Bank weeks for up to 5 years
Accelerated use
1 Floating week - 1 Bedroom
1 bedroom can be split 2 weeks in a studio (maintenance fee + $430)
Check in any day

SEASON:
1 winter week anytime except Xmas, New Years and Easter
1 summer week anytime - May 6 - Nov 4 only pay maintenance fee if you use

Expires: 2033 about 16 years left

MEMBERSHIP TYPE:
Points system seller is not sure how many points they have

SEASON:
Floating week for every week except Christmas and New Years.

Expires:
They only had this TS for 4 years since its a 30 year I still have about 26 years left

I was reading one of the threads that Gold Membership can reserve any Villa Group resorts up to 24 months. If you are in the point system, you can reserve your own resort up to 24 months but the other resorts are 10 months. Is this true?

Also, I've read that points are not transferable, and if I purchase it will convert to premier? When I spoke with the buyer they asked about the points and they told them it is transferable. I'm confused, can someone please confirm how points works once the ownership transfer?

Which of the two is better deal? I know the Gold Membership expires in about 16 years vs 26 years.

As always, thank you everyone for your inputs. You have help me and so many TS folks!

Leo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
Back in 2007 I purchased a studio unit (the lock-off portion of a 2 bedroom) in resale. My purchase price was less than the current annual maintenance fee. I too own weeks 1-50 (Red time), excluding Christmas, New Years, and Easter. I think it was the deal of the century! I am most pleased with my Villa del Palmar and Universal Vacation Club membership.