• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG get-together again January 18th 2017 in Orlando!!!!!

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
PLAN TO COME!!!

Once again we will be hosting our "annual TUGGERS get-together " at the Golden Corral , this year on January 18 th. Save the date!!!

We ve had so many good times during these informal gatherings so hope you can join us this year too!!!

Details forthcoming .

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Woo-Hoo -=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Can Hardly Wait !

TUG get-together again January 18th in Orlando!
We will be there -- looking forward to it with major serious enthusiasm !

We are even more enthusiastic for January 2017 after missing out in January 2016 because of surgery (new hip -- works great -- glad I've got it).

Meanwhile, we are heading to Kissimmee FL next week for a week at Vacation Village At Parkway, our 1st timeshare vacation since January 2015.

Looking ahead for January 2017, we're signed up for a week at Wyndham Cypress Palms, followed by a week at Magic Tree Resort (on the west side of the Disney Gap). We were very happy with both those timeshares when we stayed there previously.

The Chief Of Staff & I are really eager to see lots of our TUG friends again Jan. 18, 2017.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
PLAN TO COME!!!

Once again we will be hosting our "annual TUGGERS get-together " at the Golden Corral , this year on January 18 th. Save the date!!!

We ve had so many good times during these informal gatherings so hope you can join us this year too!!!

Details forthcoming .

Baring any unforeseen circumstances . I will be there! Maybe DH too?
Silentg

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in Orlando in January but not sure which dates but probably cannot attend as my kids turn 4 the next day but why is the Golden Corral chosen? Orlando has lots of restaurants offer much better food for not much more.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Why Golden Corral? (Other Than Tradition, You Mean?)

I will be in Orlando in January but not sure which dates but probably cannot attend as my kids turn 4 the next day but why is the Golden Corral chosen? Orlando has lots of restaurants offer much better food for not much more.
Golden Corral has a sr. citz. early bird special that appeals to a significant part of the crowd (i.e., us old folks).

Plus, Golden Corral does not mind how long we hang around chatting & eating -- never any pressure to eat up & clear out.

Also, the TUG get-together starting time usually works out so that we pay the lunch price to get in & get started, & then the dinner items are brought out while we're still there.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Golden Corral has a sr. citz. early bird special that appeals to a significant part of the crowd (i.e., us old folks).

Plus, Golden Corral does not mind how long we hang around chatting & eating -- never any pressure to eat up & clear out.

Also, the TUG get-together starting time usually works out so that we pay the lunch price to get in & get started, & then the dinner items are brought out while we're still there.

Another reason is it is a big enough venue if a lot of people show up. I went a few years ago, maybe more than a few, and am going to try again next January, in case any of you are concerned, this is NOT a sales presentation in disguise.
Silentg

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Thanks for clarifying everyone ! We usually stay some 4-5 hours and Golden Corral staff has always been great . ( Consequently we do try to give them a nice tip.). It's just a very informal gathering... I guess the only (new) "rule" is that we try to change chairs whenever we get a new plate ("musical chairs") so then everyone gets to talk to everyone. That has really worked out well in the past few years.

Hope to see everyone there this year, both old and new!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We cannot go this year, and I was hoping to meet Alan Cole, so it's very disappointing we will miss it.

We are going to be in San Antonio at that time. We are finally letting the Disney passes expire for a year or two.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We cannot go this year, and I was hoping to meet Alan Cole, so it's very disappointing we will miss it.

We are going to be in San Antonio at that time. We are finally letting the Disney passes expire for a year or two.
Sorry those dates don't work for you this time. It was so good meeting you last year. Maybe next?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We will be in Orlando during that time. I'd like to attend as long as plans work out. We have a daughter that has a baby due February 10th so we should be safe on our dates in January.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
When Is The Official Arrival Time For The TUG Event ?

We ve had so many good times during these informal gatherings so hope you can join us this year too!
What is the official start time for the TUG gathering ?

I remember that the start time is shrewdly calculated to get us in on the Golden Corral late lunchtime price & have us all still there when the dinner menu items are added -- but I forget what time that is.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
What is the official start time for the TUG gathering ?

I remember that the start time is shrewdly calculated to get us in on the Golden Corral late lunchtime price & have us all still there when the dinner menu items are added -- but I forget what time that is.

I though 2?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

I got to meet Cindy last year after many years on TUG. I will look forward to seeing Alan again and of course Joan and Ron and everyone else. I am definitely saving the date...Jan 18!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Fret Not. In Person I'm Just An Old Boring Guy.

I was hoping to meet Alan Cole, so it's very disappointing we will miss it.
I was hoping to meet you, too. I'm sorry we won't get the chance next January. Maybe at another TUG Florida meet-up later on.

Meanwhile, most of the semi-interesting stuff I'm involved in turns up right here on TUG-BBS.

Still, the occasions when the World Of TUG intersects with the world of regular people out there in reality are special times.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but we won't be available this year. We were really hoping to attend this year's meet and greet, but we will be in Vietnam, awaiting our new grandson's birth on the 20th. We are so excited, and will also be able to help out with our 3 year old granddaughter while we are there.

Have a great time, everyone!

Dori

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I wrote it down so I don't forget. I'm really hoping to meet all of you. And hopefully hear about the resorts you've stayed at outside of Florida. My husband will be retiring at the end of Summer in 2017 and we are looking forward to staying at lot of new places that we've not been to before.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
My wife and I are complete Timeshare newbies. Our journey began by accepting two nights and $300 AMEX cards to attend a Wyndham TS presentation in San Antonio in August. We were sold on the concept and were very enthusiastic about the ability to rent 2-4 BR condos (La Cascada was very nice), but the $76K for 400,000 points and the "today only" pressure made us walk out with our AMEX cards. That evening I found TUG. What a revelation!!! I'm a daily visitor to TUG and have read back years of your conversations. We have now purchased 3 contracts on eBay for 884,000 CWA points, and the first one (420,000) should be in Wyndham under our new member number next week (we have received the Wyndham transfer of acceptance documents, they were signed, notarized, and mailed back to Wyndham yesterday.). So, finally, to my question: having these first points available by 11/11 (hopefully), what are the chances of my wife and I getting any kind of a room mid January to join you all at your annual Orlando gathering? You have saved us a small fortune and we would like to meet some of our benefactors.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Early January In Orlando Is Off-Season.

So, finally, to my question: having these first points available by 11/11 (hopefully), what are the chances of my wife and I getting any kind of a room mid January to join you all at your annual Orlando gathering? You have saved us a small fortune and we would like to meet some of our benefactors.
The beginning of your timeshare story is like ours -- took a sales tour, said No Thanks to the pressure & the prices, then discovered resale timeshares & the rest is history.

One big difference in our stories is that when we took the resale timeshare plunge (thanks to TUG & TUG-BBS), we did not get into Wyndham -- went another direction, built up gradually, downsized quickly, & ended up where we are today with minimal ownership (eBay 1BR Grandview At Las Vegas triennial points unit), which suits us fine. If we want more, we'll look for more eBay bargains.

Surprising as it might be, early January is apparently still offseason for the Orlando-Kissimmee resorts & hotels & tourist attractions. People are broke & resting up after the holidays, so Orlando traffic is light & crowds are (relatively) sparse by contrast with peak vacation times.

That means odds are better for getting nice timeshare accommodations. Using RCI Points, we reserved back-to-back 2BR timeshare units for Jan. 7-21, starting with Wyndham Cypress Palms (Jan. 7-14), then moving over to Magic Tree Resort (Jan. 14-21).

If Wyndham Bonnet Creek is full up, maybe Wyndham Cypress Palms will still have openings for you, I don't know. (Wyndham Cypress Palms is a perfectly nice timeshare in a good location, but completely overshadowed in popularity by Wyndham Bonnet Creek.)

For January 2017, we broke pattern & went ahead with straight-points reservations instead of waiting for RCI Last Call & special sales on RCI Extra Vacation Getaways. Main reason we did that was to make sure we got 2BR timeshare units. Last January, all we could get were 1BR units even though we were able to snag 2BR timeshare reservations in prior years. For 2018, who knows ?

I hope your new Wyndham points will come through for you with nice January reservations -- & I look forward to meeting you with the rest of the TUG crowd on Jan. 18, 2017.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks for the great reply!! It will only be my wife and I, so a studio will do... I will get a search underway as soon as we are set up and hopefully we will find something! And once again thanks for the sharing help and advice of TUGGERs!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what are the chances of my wife and I getting any kind of a room mid January to join you all at your annual Orlando gathering? You have saved us a small fortune and we would like to meet some of our benefactors.

Welcome - we'll look forward to meeting you!

How long did you want to stay? There are certainly units available now to book for mid-January!!!-- Have you got your account with Wyndham available so you'll be able to book? Sometimes it takes a while for Wyn to process your papers.

We can hope! -

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome - we'll look forward to meeting you!

How long did you want to stay? There are certainly units available now to book for mid-January!!!-- Have you got your account with Wyndham available so you'll be able to book? Sometimes it takes a while for Wyn to process your papers.

We can hope! -

We will drive over from Houston, hopefully 2 nights in New Orleans, and then possibly a week in Orlando. Then over to Daytona for a couple of days, then head back west to Destin for several days, another stop in New Orleans, then home by the end of January.

Wyndham should have all the signed/notarized papers by tomorrow or Friday, hopefully they will open our membership by the end next week. They said they have received the paperwork for our second contract, but we haven't received the transfer paperwork from Wyndham in this one yet. If both contracts are transferred by mid to end of November, that will give us 679,000 CWA points to use. Our third contract hasn't been received by Wyndham yet, but should arrive any day (it was mailed by SumDay on 11/19.)