• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Member has not paid closing fees for "FREE" Timeshare--THEY PAID TODAY!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was giving away two Wyndham Timeshares for my 80+ year old neighbor. All she wanted was to be out from under the Maintenance Fees.

The first timeshare closed without a hitch.

The second one, Governor's Green--78,000Wyndham Points, is ready to close but the "buyer" hasn't paid the $530 in fees necessary to close this timeshare! ($199 mandatory transfer fees to Wyndham are included in this figure). This timeshare cost my sweet neighbor well over $10,000. Why would someone fall off the face of the earth rather than pay this small amount for these points? I'm so upset because my neighbor got two past due bills from Wyndham....while we wait....!

I hope it's just a fluke and they are just on vacation and haven't seen the emails from LT or from me!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Immediately reoffered the deed as a freebie with closing costs by taker. Send an email to the former 'taker' IMMEDIATELY letting them know ... you are moving on as they care not responding to your or LT Transfers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are you using a closing company or doing it yourself?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Missed that - I think you need to help your neighbor call the buyer. If the buyer changed their mind, she wants to find out ASAP, so she can find another taker.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check with the LT transfer company and the resort too. The new owner may have paid, and the resort didn't record it yet. We gave away a timeshare and we got the Maintenence bill after the closing, we sent it back with a note that we no longer own the week. Hope that is true in your case. Good Luck!
Silentg

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If LTT did the closing and contract indicated buyer pay closing, LTT would not have proceeded without first collecting the fees from the buyer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on previous transactions with LTT, the buyer has to send a check to LTT, so they would know if it has been paid or not.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If LTT did the closing and contract indicated buyer pay closing, LTT would not have proceeded without first collecting the fees from the buyer.

This is indeed the case. The first timeshare (Wyndham Kingsgate) closed, no problem. I am going to have to call Wyndham and let them know the timeshare is now in someone else's name.

The problem is with the Governor's Green property. Since the deed hasn't been recorded she is still on the hook for the maintenance fees, isn't she?

At the onset, all her fees were paid and we had an Estoppel from Wyndham.
Now, it seems, they are asking for two months in arrears!

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Missed that - I think you need to help your neighbor call the buyer. If the buyer changed their mind, she wants to find out ASAP, so she can find another taker.

I'll have to find out their phone number from LT. I never had it. Or maybe it's in my PMs. Thanks for suggesting that.

Immediately reoffered the deed as a freebie with closing costs by taker. Send an email to the former 'taker' IMMEDIATELY letting them know ... you are moving on as they care not responding to your or LT Transfers.

Thanks! Isn't this a sad occurrence. Why put us through all this?
I'm still hoping they were/are away from email for a few days.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the case.

The first timeshare closed and that's the case with that one. I am going to call Wyndham and let them know the timeshare is now in someone else's name.

The problem is with the Governor's Green property. Since the deed hasn't been recorded she is still on the hook for the maintenance fees, isn't she? At the onset all her fees were paid and we had an Estoppel from Wyndham. Now, it seems, they are asking for two months in arrears.
Did you ask LTT if the $530 was collected and forwarded to Wyndham?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For systems that collect MF monthly or quarterly, the ad/agreement needs to be clear if the buyer will be responsible for the MF starting from mm month, and ensure that the estimated monthly fees are added to closing $ for reimbursement as owner on record is responsible until the transfer.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
LTT only collects a non-refundable $50 deposit up front. At the time they send the deed out to the seller, they send the buyer a full invoice of all costs minus the deposit. So if the buyer falls through, LTT will keep the deposit and the buyer will be out their $50.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
LTT only collects a non-refundable $50 deposit up front. At the time they send the deed out to the seller, they send the buyer a full invoice of all costs minus the deposit. So if the buyer falls through, LTT will keep the deposit and the buyer will be out their $50.
Yes, hence OP needs to know where in the process it broke down. I did not read that $50 was paid or $530 was paid. $530 might have been what it took for closing, recording and transfer but if 2-3 months of MF were not included in the figure, OP's neighbor would be responsible for the MF otherwise it would not transfer.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll have to find out their phone number from LT. I never had it. Or maybe it's in my PMs. Thanks for suggesting that.

Isn't their phone number on the purchase agreement?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't their phone number on the purchase agreement?
Sometimes for a simple TUG giveaway, there is no contract or purchase agreement, just a "handshake".

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you use LT Transfers, you must have a purchase agreement - they require it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you use LT Transfers, you must have a purchase agreement - they require it.
Does LTT have a standard purchase agreement that they will provide if you don't have one yourself? It seems that a lot of people that do their own sales and giveaways on TUG use LTT, I wouldn't see them all having their own purchase agreement templates.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does LTT have a standard purchase agreement that they will provide if you don't have one yourself? It seems that a lot of people that do their own sales and giveaways on TUG use LTT, I wouldn't see them all having their own purchase agreement templates.
I have done it both ways. Used my own on one and in a separate sale, used LTT's template.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LTT has their own template, and I always use it, for convenience.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Good to know. I think, while the risk is low, if closing on a Florida property, you may want to use your own? I suspect the LTT template doesn't take in to consideration the rescission period for Florida, even on resales?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have my own purchase agreement, or any FL timeshares, so can't advise on that. If I was using LTT - I would ask them.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was giving away two Wyndham Timeshares for my 80+ year old neighbor. All she wanted was to be out from under the Maintenance Fees.

The first timeshare closed without a hitch.

The second one, Governor's Green--78,000Wyndham Points, is ready to close but the "buyer" hasn't paid the $530 in fees necessary to close this timeshare! ($199 mandatory transfer fees to Wyndham are included in this figure). This timeshare cost my sweet neighbor well over $10,000. Why would someone fall off the face of the earth rather than pay this small amount for these points? I'm so upset because my neighbor got two past due bills from Wyndham....while we wait....!

I hope it's just a fluke and they are just on vacation and haven't seen the emails from LT or from me!

With those fees for such a little contract it does not seem so free. I would not purchase it but if the sucker "buyer" already agreed to then they should honor that.

Have you considered giving it back to Wyndham? How much our the fees for it?

It does not make it right but maybe that is why the new owners have not responded.

Reactions: Tia

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
THE NEW OWNERS HAVE SENT PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
With those fees for such a little contract it does not seem so free. I would not purchase it but if the sucker "buyer" already agreed to then they should honor that.

Have you considered giving it back to Wyndham? How much our the fees for it?

It does not make it right but maybe that is why the new owners have not responded.

I wasn't going to reply since the new owners have PAID for this timeshare, but I will.

I brought this two Wyndham Timeshares to Tug so that fellow Tug Members could take advantage of a great deal. I could have gone the Ovation route but decided there might be Tuggers who'd want a Wyndham contract for free. I'm doing this for my elderly neighbor and neither she nor I are making a cent on this transfer.

The fees are as follows
$199 to Wyndham
$331 to LT Transfers (including PayPal fees)

I do not think that's even in the ballpark of what someone would pay Wyndham, is it?

I'm sure there may be Tuggers who can close a contract for free, but I'm not able to do that. I need a closing company since I'm not conversant with the steps necessary to close on a property.

But I think $331 (AI) for LT to close this contract is a reasonable amount, don't you?

This will make me think twice before offering another timeshare for free on Tug. It's a shame that my efforts, and my neighbor's generosity, have been met with this kind of response!