• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TWo questions about MVCI if anyone can answer please

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since my DH passed away in Feb 2016 I have not had the time or energy to pay as much attention as I should have to the care and maintenance of my two MVCI weeks which are enrolled in the Destination Point program.
TWo questions have come up and I know this is the quickest place to get a answer without plowing through all the documentation to find them so if anyone can give me a quick response I know it will be here on TUG.
1. I have a reservation starting 9/16 at Ocean Watch. I thought Marriott sent out a E mail asking about building and room preferences. I have not received anything with only a month to,go. Are they still sending these E Mails out and if so,when?
2. I received a invoice from II in the mail to renew my enrollment with them. THe account number they reference is the original II membership number from when we bought our first MVCI week in 1994. FOr some reason I thought that when we enrolled in the points program we were given a new II membership number and that the membership renewal for II was now covered in the $200 fee that we pay annually to belong to the points program. NO, YES ????

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since my DH passed away in Feb 2016 I have not had the time or energy to pay as much attention as I should have to the care and maintenance of my two MVCI weeks which are enrolled in the Destination Point program.
TWo questions have come up and I know this is the quickest place to get a answer without plowing through all the documentation to find them so if anyone can give me a quick response I know it will be here on TUG.
1. I have a reservation starting 9/16 at Ocean Watch. I thought Marriott sent out a E mail asking about building and room preferences. I have not received anything with only a month to,go. Are they still sending these E Mails out and if so,when?
2. I received a invoice from II in the mail to renew my enrollment with them. THe account number they reference is the original II membership number from when we bought our first MVCI week in 1994. FOr some reason I thought that when we enrolled in the points program we were given a new II membership number and that the membership renewal for II was now covered in the $200 fee that we pay annually to belong to the points program. NO, YES ????
Hopefully, I can help you.
1. The pre-arrival email tends to arrive 2 to 3 weeks before the check in date, but this varies by resort.
An owner at Ocean Watch may be able to confirm and provide you with a resort specific contact email
2. As both of your weeks are enrolled and you pay the DC Club dues which provide a corporate II
account, you no longer need your old personal II account so you do not need to renew it.
You can cancel this personal membership and may be able to get a refund on any unused period.
Good luck.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
re: Interval Accounts

Kathy, just to be sure, if you have't already, login to Interval and you'll be presented with two accounts I expect. The old one should be on the right and the Marriott one on the left. Just jot down both numbers, and as Bazzap said, just let the old one lapse..or call and cancel and you may get a small refund depending on the term.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never new you could link II accounts. I canceled my original account when I got rid of my non-Marriott but while I had them they were totally separate accounts with different log in info. Or maybe I'm just blind. I do occasionally get some grief for my powers of observation.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found a user ID and password for A II account which is a entirely different number than the one they are billing me for. The account that I have the log in for is under my name while the one they are billing me for is under my husband's name. EVidently we have had two Separate account numbers which have been running concurrently since we joined the D.C. Points program and I have been paying for both accounts since the one under my husband's name was not cancelled when we were given the new number when we joined the D.C. Program. THe only reason this is being discovered is that they want me to renew the account that has been under my husband's name. Not happy at this point.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
JUst got off the phone with II Customer Service. ACcording to,them the account they sent me the renewal notice on has been "inactive" since 2011 when I was assigned the new number when we joined the D.C. Program. I told the CS rep that I felt it was extremely misleading to send out what they refer to as a "renewal notice" on a account that has been deactivated. Personally I think that they are hoping that the recipient's may not be paying the attention they should and will think,this is something they are supposed to be paying and thus paying for a duplicate account number. I find it to be duplicitous at a minimum and boarding on fraud at the maximum.

taffy19

Reaction score
We got one also to renew for Interval Platinum for a Corporate account plus we still receive them for independent resorts too and that II account was inactivated too plus we received one from SFX too the last week or so. They know something that we do not know yet, IMO. I ignore them all! :)