TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading a paid flight with miles

Discussion in 'Vacation Travel Information' started by Quilter, May 13, 2017.

1. Quilter

Quilter Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

i booked a couple flights for DD through Air France. The flights will be on KLM metal. The prices were pretty good for VCE-ATL.

We have Delta miles. Can we upgrade her to Business and if so are there different ways to do this?

2. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

It depends. Delta, KLM and AF are all in the same group. If it's a Delta flight number, it's simple. If it's AF, I think you would have to have an AF FF account and then spend a lot of time haggling to get them to accept the Sky Pesos. The fact it's operated by KLM isn't the hurdle.

I don't like the chances. Sorry. Best bet is to see if you could book the same flight under a DL codeshare.

Cheers

3. Quilter

It says it's operated by Delta and a KL flight no.

4. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

So you booked a Delta Operated flight that's using a KLM Aircraft (KLM Metal in your original post) via the Air France website?:D

I think you mean you booked a KLM Flight number on the Air France website. Actually it's a Delta Aircraft and the KLM "Flight" is just a codeshare number.

I would call Delta and ask them. It's possible they will accommodate you, provided they have available seats.

Cheers

5. "Roger"

"Roger" TUG Member

Can't answer the question about upgrading, but, if you can and it is a KLM flight, have her grab a seat on the upper deck of the aircraft. That used to be an area reserved for first class, but as far as I know all (many?) of their overseas flights have no first class, but upper and lower business seating areas. Much more relaxing on the upper level. Also prepare her to take one of the KLM houses (check it out on the net) in each direction of the trip.

6. Quilter

I did call Delta. There were no Business seats available to upgrade to so we got the last comfort seat on each flight.