• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vent: bank bill pay & mail delivery

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you called your bank yet? My bank has a "Send Money" option that they'll do for a very minimal fee (I think it's like 25cents). It is not a wire transfer and it does not use mail.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped using Bill Pay many years ago. I had too many problems with it. Lately I have been using Zelle to transfer money from my Bank Accounts to the Accounts of my Son and Daughter. So far it has worked as advertised and so far there has been no charge for the service.

George

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong, when you do an electronic transfer, you have to go through a procedure on lone on both ends where the bank deposits or takes three transactions to set up the ability to transfer. This takes a few days and then you can do the transfer. I do not send money regularly, maybe once a year for a special reason.

In my own limited experience with two banks over a decade or so, you can of course very easily set up bill pay service with your bank, but if the recipient is not already set up to receive electronic payment, then the bank will obviously just prepare and send a paper check instead. I have no idea how a non-commercial recipient gets set up for a occasional private receipt of funds electronically, but suspect that it is not likely even worth the bother. The paper check issuance obviously adds a week plus to issuance and receipt of payment, but the process has never failed me yet. Maybe I've just been lucky. :shrug:

Of course, smooth sailing in this process requires some competence at both the bank level and with USPS. Unfortunately, it does not sound as though the required competency is much in evidence in the situation you cite. Frustrating, I'm sure.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Zelle does NOT require the little deposits. You have access and can send funds within seconds of signing up. Note Zelle is the service but each bank brands it a different way. Chase is called Quick Pay. Every bank seems to have a different name for the service. Look for it where the payments are listed. And DON"T LOOK for Zelle, but look for some pay something, Surepay, quick pay, send money, something.

If you have a checking account at a bank that uses Zelle. You have to activate the service and provide a phone number of email address that the system uses to find YOU. The other person needs to set up theirs too. It literally takes 10 seconds. It likely takes you longer to find the link to set it up on your banks website, than it does to set it up. You don't need account numbers or routing numbers, it just has to one of the 2 dozen banks that Zelle works with. You put in someone's email and the funds and it enter. The money is there in seconds. It doesn't matter which bank you belong to. And Zelle is free of charge AFAIK.

With Bill Pay that cuts a paper check, at my bank, which is chase, it shows if checkin pending or cashed, and if cashed you can look at an image.

You need to investigate what your bank cam do nowadays. Not sure who you are banking with?

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Am I wrong, when you do an electronic transfer, you have to go through a procedure [online] on both ends where the bank deposits or takes three transactions to set up the ability to transfer. This takes a few days and then you can do the transfer.

If your bank offer electronic transfers to other banks, there's no reason use a middleman, like PayPal, to make it happen. You should set it up first with the bank that you expect to use to initiate the transaction. That bank typically sends 2 test deposits to the other bank. A few days later, when the deposits are credited, you verify the amounts with first bank and you're good to go. You can transfer in + out, usually for free.

IMHO, it's better to initiate the transaction with the bank (or payee) that pulls $$ from the other bank, as they'll credit you for the deposit (payment) before the other bank deducts it from your account. Thus, you get the benefit of the float, limited as it may be.

With Bill-Pay, its the reverse. The sending bank deducts the funds from your account first, and a few days later, the other bank (payee) gets the $$. Meanwhile, you're bank gets the benefit of the float. Individually, it may not be much, but aggregate the accounts, and your bank makes out like a bandit.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked zelle and unfortunately my bank is not on the list. But I do have a chase account, not enough money n it right now, but I will move some there and try zelle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My sons' checking account is set up to accept transfers from my account at my on-line bank. I do everything electronically and I just added his account. Obviously you need the pertinent information to add it- his account number and routing number for his bank, etc.

It does take a number of days for the transaction to go through/clear as per the banks' policy but i have never had any issues..