• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vida ownership question

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I think someone created a very detailed thread about his experience attending Vidanta presentation. He has no existing Vidanta timeshare but interested in buying GL. It looked like he couldn't buy GL membership because GL is for "upgrade", meaning GL membership is marketed as an upgrade for an existing Vidanta membership (MP, GM, or GB).

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I think someone created a very detailed thread about his experience attending Vidanta presentation. He has no existing Vidanta timeshare but interested in buying GL. It looked like he couldn't buy GL membership because GL is for "upgrade", meaning GL membership is marketed as an upgrade for an existing Vidanta membership (MP, GM, or GB).

You can buy into GL. I've done several presentations and was given an option for the Loft studio on 2 occasions. I offered the same price on the 2BR but we couldn't come to an agreement (nor did I expect them to accept).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
At first, they offer to buy our HGVC ($300,000) and DRI ($260,000), to offset us buying Grand Luxxe at $800,000.

Is that in pesos?

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Grand Luxxe, Vidanta resort at Nueva Vallarta. We are both HGVC premier elite and DRI platinum member. We went for the Grand Luxxe presentation. It is high pressure selling.

At first, they offer to buy our HGVC ($300,000) and DRI ($260,000), to offset us buying Grand Luxxe at $800,000. We rejected. I told them that I love both my HGVC and DRI and I am not going to trade it for Grand Luxxe. Any way, after 5 hours, we rejected the offer of a studio at Grand Mayan level under $10,000. They let us leaving and get us to get our promised gift. At the place to sign out, the rep there just found some forfeited inventory, and offer us two bedroom at Grand Mayan, 5 weeks a year. No MF, Pay MF when we decide to go for the same price. Guess what, We were too tired and told them we like Grand Luxxe, they said that we can request for upgrade to grand luxxe with grand Mayan. So we bought it. When we stayed in Grand Luxxe, we saw lots of owner from Grand Mayan or Mayan Palace upgraded to Grand Luxxe. I guess you need to pay a upgrade fee.

It is a high pressure sale. I met another HGVC elite member, she was so happy that she sold the HGVC to Vidanta and bought Grand Luxxe. I did not ask her how much she paid. Another person after talk to me, she went to presentation, she told to the sales that someone got 2 Bedroom Grand Mayan for 10,000. She want Grand Luxxe for $20,000 for Grand Luxxe and she got it. It seems they could come down to your price. Don't give up any of your good timeshare since I am not sure Grand Luxxe has any resale value. They did tell me that I can let any of my family or friend use my 5 weeks per year. the restriction is I can reserve only 150 days (5 month in advance.) for any unit. We usually take vacation from May. We ski in the winter and did not want to go anywhere but the ski resort in the winter. May is not the peak season. It was very comfortable when we were there, temperature was in the 70's and low 80's. Plug pool was too cold. The swimming pool was not cold. I notice no one went to ocean.

The deal we got is almost like a travel club. We could have free II and RCI, SFX...., We can reserve 5 Vidanta weeks per year 2 bedroom in any of the Vidanta resort 150 days in advance. We can have up to 15 weeks in any of the exchange company without paying membership or exchange fee. We can also roll over our unused week to up to 5 years in the future. It is pretty generous. We did not use the any of them yet. Did not receive our package in the mail yet. I will report when we do. They also issued us a check of Vidanta money of what we paid. It is good for a year. We could use that check toward buying Grand Luxxe within, if we want to upgrade to Grand Luxxe. I hope it is a good deal. As someone earlier mention, it is easy to exchange into it if it is not peak season, so for us, we really did not need it. This was our first time ever being here, and we most likely will return within a year since they also offer us one free week and a free round trip airline ticket for two with this deal. I guess they really want us to upgrade to Grand Luxxe.

We do love Grand Luxxe. We exchanged into it. We got upgraded to three bedroom presidential suite in Punta Tower in the first week. We got 2 Bedroom loft in Tower 4 the second week. It was beautiful. The whole resort with luxurious rooms, they do not have dishwasher and oven in my three bedroom huge penthouse unit. I asked the other Grand Luxxe Tower. They just said if i was in the presidential three bedroom Punta tower and not having dishwasher, non of the other would have it. When I went for the sales presentation, I notice all the beautiful villa, none of them have dishwasher or oven. I asked the sales person that I did not see dishwasher or oven. The sales person just said that none of the unit had it. But my second week in the loft, there was dishwasher, oven, wine cooler and washer/dryer in the unit. So I am not sure. The concierge told me there is only 16 loft each in Tower 3 and Tower 4 on the 3rd floor. So the entire complex only the residence tower and the loft unit has those essentials. It was a heck of lots of works if you have a big group in a 3 or two bedroom trying to cook. I don't know why they don't add it to the unit.

Hello i have a few questions on your deal, do you know what maintenance fee you pay for grand mayan 2br? can you book any week ? like on summer? and new years if available 150 days before the date? or this weeks dont ? please let me know thanks

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I just saw this thread - have been in Memphis for a family issue and could barely check email. You have received some good information.

I know that they offer some great deals, but you must realize that the MF for a 2-bedroom GL is more than $2000 per week now. Mine are not that high because we bought earlier and chose not to upgrade in 2014 for an extra week - our MF would have jumped $300 per week if we did. We do not always go because we can often find an extra vacation or use a bonus week for less than we would pay for MF. GL is awesome, but GM and GB are not too bad and we have an exchange at NV GM for Thanksgiving week that we paid $379 for a 2-bedroom unit before the 411 pp/pd went into effect. :) We have SFX exchanges to grand Bliss RM next spring for less than $1000 per week. If we wanted to use one of our 2-bed GL units and split it into a 1-bed and Master Suite, the cost would be more. We are counting down to Sr. Certs which are not offered any more and some have changed from the original Sr. Cert.

they do not do the 5 year MF for renovations on new contracts now. They have the 10 year renewal deal.