• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Riviera Maya - building locations

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one looks at this link on Vidanta's website (and then downloads the map):

http://www.vidanta.com/en/destinations/riviera-maya

Can anyone tell me what the building numbers are?

Like Mayan Palace building #1 is "here", and so on?

Same for Grand Mayan, and Grand Luxxe?

Thanks!

(Or if there's already a link/map somewhere, that would be great)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that helps. I'll have to remember to pick up an updated map next time we're there and scan it in.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Thanks!

1 starts by the big pool. 9&10 are the 2 side by side where the road (shuttle) goes through. 11-20 run parallel to the golf course. We have stayed in 1, 2, 10, 17,&18 over the years. All were nice. We did not mind the walk when we were in 17 & 18 - our major exercise for the day walking to and from the unit. :)

We have stayed in #2 at the Grand Mayan a couple of times and will be in the Grand Bliss next April.

All units are nice.

sunshine3330

Reaction score

Thanks!

When you down load the map from the Vidanta website, you can upsize it. Then scroll down and there is a list of numbers identifying the corresponding facilitie.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you down load the map from the Vidanta website, you can upsize it. Then scroll down and there is a list of numbers identifying the corresponding facilitie.

Yes, but it doesn't list the building numbers. For example, in that map there are (3) #7 indicating Grand Mayan Largo, but it doesn't show you which building # is what.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Yes, but it doesn't list the building numbers. For example, in that map there are (3) #7 indicating Grand Mayan Largo, but it doesn't show you which building # is what.
If you cross reference that map with the one that MuranoJo has a link to, you can see all the building numbers.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Grand Mayan 1 starts by the pool and circles around the lagoon to 7 which is by the large restaurant with the Palapa. 8 starts at the road and runs perpendicular to the golf course towards the highway.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. The Funsmexico map has the building numbers (albeit a bit outdated as it doesn't show many of the completed buildings)

But this helps. I had to get multiple rooms in multiple units (Mayan Palace, etc.) and some of the folks have difficulty walking long distances, so trying to keep things as close by as possible.

Anyone know if they have "scooter" rentals (hover rounds or whatever) if one is really bad? I don't recall if we saw any when we were there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks all. The Funsmexico map has the building numbers (albeit a bit outdated as it doesn't show many of the completed buildings)

But this helps. I had to get multiple rooms in multiple units (Mayan Palace, etc.) and some of the folks have difficulty walking long distances, so trying to keep things as close by as possible.

Anyone know if they have "scooter" rentals (hover rounds or whatever) if one is really bad? I don't recall if we saw any when we were there.

Not sure about Riviera Maya, but I have seen motorized trikes with fat wheels for going to the beach in Acapulco and maybe Nuevo. They can be rented so that someone who his disabled can go to the beach. I have seen people with their own motorized wheelchairs or scooters at the resort. In NV, there are some specialty trams that will lock these in and take you to your destination.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Riviera Maya, but I have seen motorized trikes with fat wheels for going to the beach in Acapulco and maybe Nuevo. They can be rented so that someone who his disabled can go to the beach. I have seen people with their own motorized wheelchairs or scooters at the resort. In NV, there are some specialty trams that will lock these in and take you to your destination.

Thank you very much, Phyllis!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

I was just there in may of this year. There are shuttles that will take you around. they are pretty frequent. There are also walk ways that one could push/drive a wheel chair. I did not see any motorized trikes or resort modes of transport for guests beyond the shuttle. A folding wheel chair would not be an issue so long as people could transfer into and out of the tram. A motorized wheel chair would likely not be able to utilize the tram as there was not room to put one on.

The resort is huge and required a large bit of walking to get around even with the trams.

For instance: We stayed in building 9, would ride tram to main building then would have to walk to any destination (pool, multiple restaurants, beach, spa, etc). The beach did not have board walks leading to the waters edge thus one would have to walk in the sand. I would think those with mobility issues would find it challenging if left to their own devices. If someone was going to push the wheel chair I don't think it would be as much of an issue. I would not suggest a walker as sole aid for mobility.

We would routinely get 14k steps each day and we are two active adults.

We liked the resort but would likely not go back.

Reasons:
  • huge resort
  • no rooms had water/beach view
  • some rooms face tram route. buildings (8-12)
    • 1/2 face tram route 1/2 face jungle (get the jungle view)
    • all day/night long you hear the trans screaming by while your in your room....
    • our room was on first floor so we had people walking or riding trams looking in our unit....
  • beach was not a swimming beach (not a deal breaker)
Things we liked:
  • great staff
  • great food
  • very clean resort
  • close to multiple excursions (zip lines, ruins, playa del carman shopping, etc...)
  • great layout of unit
  • plunge pool on balcony was nice after long hot walk
  • loved the breakfast buffet (favorite meal by far!!)
  • amazing pools

If you have more specific questions let me know.

rpennisi

Reaction score
At RM right, and have to change my earlier comment. Maybe I never noticed because it was never asked, but I saw a rented cart being driven by the MP pool today.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just there in may of this year. There are shuttles that will take you around. they are pretty frequent. There are also walk ways that one could push/drive a wheel chair. I did not see any motorized trikes or resort modes of transport for guests beyond the shuttle. A folding wheel chair would not be an issue so long as people could transfer into and out of the tram. A motorized wheel chair would likely not be able to utilize the tram as there was not room to put one on.

The resort is huge and required a large bit of walking to get around even with the trams.

For instance: We stayed in building 9, would ride tram to main building then would have to walk to any destination (pool, multiple restaurants, beach, spa, etc). The beach did not have board walks leading to the waters edge thus one would have to walk in the sand. I would think those with mobility issues would find it challenging if left to their own devices. If someone was going to push the wheel chair I don't think it would be as much of an issue. I would not suggest a walker as sole aid for mobility.

• our room was on first floor so we had people walking or riding trams looking in our unit....

Which unit were you in? (Grand Mayan or Mayan Palace)? I ask because when we were there last, the 1st floor Grand Mayan units had vegetation planted so you couldn't actually see the balconies, whereas the 2nd and 3rd floor units were quite visible from the tram/walk-way.

Although I think we stayed in Grand Mayan Building #3 many moons ago (no issue with people looking in on the balconies as the vegetation shielded us), although after that we've stayed at Grand Bliss/Grand Luxxe, but have walked by the Grand Mayan buildings many times.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Which unit were you in? (Grand Mayan or Mayan Palace)? I ask because when we were there last, the 1st floor Grand Mayan units had vegetation planted so you couldn't actually see the balconies, whereas the 2nd and 3rd floor units were quite visible from the tram/walk-way.

Although I think we stayed in Grand Mayan Building #3 many moons ago (no issue with people looking in on the balconies as the vegetation shielded us), although after that we've stayed at Grand Bliss/Grand Luxxe, but have walked by the Grand Mayan buildings many times.

Grand Mayan - vegetation helped but we could clearly see people and them us. The biggest complaint was the noise from the shuttle. The diesel engine made a bunch of noise. Till 1-2am we would hear it roar by. (not cool). :)

rpennisi

Reaction score
At RM now, and have some info and observations:

The whole resort has become a "jungle". The vegetation is dense and tall. We are on the first floor of GL 1, but even the top floors must have a limited view (not that there is anything wrong with that..credit to Seinfeld).

There are cart trains that go around the back of the GM that must be annoying. At night, it gets a bit wild when approaching carts blink and shut off their lights while passing each other so not to blind each other.

The mosquitos are ravenous, everyone is swatting. Bring deet, or be dinner!
When we first came here in summer, 2003, it was only MP 1-10, and they fogged every night. Now, no fogging and so much more vegetation.

They are redoing those MP buildings never completed. Making the first two Bliss was logical. However, they just opened Grand Luxxe jungle (not the triangular GL 1-4), and they are the far end of the unfinished Mayan Palaces, no deck, no dipping pool, etc.!

When last here, August 2014, they were building the Grand Bliss pools, south of MP pools. The pool foundations were all in, I still have the pics. They were all round, now they are all rectangular. Sr Chavez came, didn't like it and had it all redone, which as some of you know, he did in Nuevo Vallarta with buildings, waterways,etc.

The resulting Beach Club is beautiful, a little pretentious imo, with an entrance concierge structure where you get your spot, and a ticket, and are shown to your location. No putting out towels to claim your territory.

They are building a small village just south of the Beach Club abutting right up to the already existing community. I used to like to walk through that area, can't anymore.

There are raised platform walkways going everywhere (remember bring deet, especially summertime). There are even platformed walkways along the Mayan Palace pools, surrounded by vegetation so you can't see the pool. I have been to this resort 7 times at all levels and I still get disoriented until you come out of the vegetation. Wooden walkways where there used to be concrete walks.

There is more but for another time. Didn't do the "update", still "own" only MP.

Ron

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
At RM now, and have some info and observations:

The whole resort has become a "jungle". The vegetation is dense and tall. We are on the first floor of GL 1, but even the top floors must have a limited view (not that there is anything wrong with that..credit to Seinfeld).

There are cart trains that go around the back of the GM that must be annoying. At night, it gets a bit wild when approaching carts blink and shut off their lights while passing each other so not to blind each other.

The mosquitos are ravenous, everyone is swatting. Bring deet, or be dinner!
When we first came here in summer, 2003, it was only MP 1-10, and they fogged every night. Now, no fogging and so much more vegetation.

They are redoing those MP buildings never completed. Making the first two Bliss was logical. However, they just opened Grand Luxxe jungle (not the triangular GL 1-4), and they are the far end of the unfinished Mayan Palaces, no deck, no dipping pool, etc.!

When last here, August 2014, they were building the Grand Bliss pools, south of MP pools. The pool foundations were all in, I still have the pics. They were all round, now they are all rectangular. Sr Chavez came, didn't like it and had it all redone, which as some of you know, he did in Nuevo Vallarta with buildings, waterways,etc.

The resulting Beach Club is beautiful, a little pretentious imo, with an entrance concierge structure where you get your spot, and a ticket, and are shown to your location. No putting out towels to claim your territory.

They are building a small village just south of the Beach Club abutting right up to the already existing community. I used to like to walk through that area, can't anymore.

There are raised platform walkways going everywhere (remember bring deet, especially summertime). There are even platformed walkways along the Mayan Palace pools, surrounded by vegetation so you can't see the pool. I have been to this resort 7 times at all levels and I still get disoriented until you come out of the vegetation. Wooden walkways where there used to be concrete walks.

There is more but for another time. Didn't do the "update", still "own" only MP.

Ron

Interesting, so GL buildings 1-4 are actually open and they opened Grand Luxxe Jungle, but the rooms are different? (although I see now on the website that they do indeed list the Grand Luxxe Jungle Suite, which appears to be 1 BR units only). Although the floor plan links are non-functional on their website (for any of the rooms I've clicked on).

But good to know they don't have decks or plunge pools.

We usually go around January, so that must be why we haven't been mosquito'd.

Still, all very good info to know.

rpennisi

Reaction score
We, as well, usually go in January. The mosquitos this year are the most I have ever experienced in a few summer visits. Even the local workers are swatting. This is probably the last time I will go in the summer.

MN2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score

We would routinely get 14k steps each day and we are two active adults.

We liked the resort but would likely not go back.

Reasons:
  • huge resort
  • no rooms had water/beach view
  • some rooms face tram route. buildings (8-12)
    • 1/2 face tram route 1/2 face jungle (get the jungle view)
    • all day/night long you hear the trans screaming by while your in your room....
Things we liked:
  • great staff
  • great food
  • very clean resort
  • close to multiple excursions (zip lines, ruins, playa del carman shopping, etc...)
  • great layout of unit
  • plunge pool on balcony was nice after long hot walk
  • loved the breakfast buffet (favorite meal by far!!)
  • amazing pools

MN2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like more info on the resort. They made a jungle out of Nuevo Vallarta too and we hate it. Would like info on meal plans, getting off resort, getting around resort.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
MN2Travel ,
Have you tried the Puerto Vallarta - Marina location ?
No jungle- smaller footprint (approx 200 units) - easy walk to the PV Marina restaurants .

Since you own Grand Mayan - Cabo GM - after construction for Hakkasan stuff is finished later this year or early 2018 .
smaller footprint - ( approx 300 units ) & no jungle and I believe you can walk to San Jose del Cabo restaurants as well .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Interesting, so GL buildings 1-4 are actually open and they opened Grand Luxxe Jungle, but the rooms are different? (although I see now on the website that they do indeed list the Grand Luxxe Jungle Suite, which appears to be 1 BR units only). Although the floor plan links are non-functional on their website (for any of the rooms I've clicked on).

But good to know they don't have decks or plunge pools.

We usually go around January, so that must be why we haven't been mosquito'd.

Still, all very good info to know.

I guess it makes sense to convert those 2-bedroom Mayan Palace units that have been built for about 10 years and never used into usable units. It says they have 2 bathrooms, so that is good in my opinion. Making a 2-bedroom into a 1-bedroom would make a nice unit. We always try to get 2-bedroom units because we like having 2 bathrooms - DH gets up earlier than I do and with 2 bathrooms, he can get up and shower without disturbing me. :) We probably will not use the deck and plunge pool at Riviera Maya anyway - too many bugs in the Jungle.