• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welcome to your ownership......

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
So, I am at work and DW texts me the question, "When did we buy another Wyndham timeshare?" . Then a picture of the welcome letter with membership number (not ours) etc. The thing is....... we didn't buy anything else. What to do? Is the computer system so screwed up that it can't identify the proper purchaser of a contract?!?!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Did this come by email or snail mail? How is it even possible that your name and address are being associated with someone else's membership number? Obviously since you haven't bought anything it isn't a case of two letters stuck together or some other simple explanation.

OP have reported contracts showing in their accounts that don't belong to them. I've wondered if the points associated with those contracts were showing in their accounts too.

This new system is so screwed up that I'm wondering if any of our account information is safe!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your financial page of your member number online. Bet you are paying THOSE MFs and maybe even their LOAN.

Send a CERTIFIED LETTER demanding reimbursement of YOUR money ... and tell your bank that the Wyndham auto-draft is CANCELLED effective TODAY as they took unauthorized FUNDS for the months mention.

As MOST new buyers financed their purchase, YOU might have to change your bank account. I have a totally separate bank account and even a different bank which pays Wyndham via auto draft. Banks seem to suck money from one account to pay shortages out of another account ... different banks makes that so much harder.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am at work and DW texts me the question, "When did we buy another Wyndham timeshare?" . Then a picture of the welcome letter with membership number (not ours) etc. The thing is....... we didn't buy anything else. What to do? Is the computer system so screwed up that it can't identify the proper purchaser of a contract?!?!

Not the first, suspect you will not be the last, to experience this type of erroneous contract kerfuffle. It took WJ four months to get Title to fix a similar "mystery contract" that showed up in his account, all the while still being required to pay MF's on the points. Once corrected, no reimbursement of MF's have yet been sent.

To your original question.... yes, it's that screwed up.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen. I got a welcome letter and the next day a $7000 bill for past due fees It was the transfer dept that was able to figure out what happened and get it fixed.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BellaWyn is correct, that I was shown to have a new contract of 108,000 with a "bonus points" of 308,000 points (silver VIP for two years for someone). It took four months to get that additional MF charge off my account. I have NOT been reimbursed the additional MF paid for those 4 months. Now, the reconciliation process (audit) is showing that I had too many points for 2016 and 2017. And, guess what, they want me to pay for those extra points, or surrender next year's points. And people wonder why we are so disillusioned.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the first, suspect you will not be the last, to experience this type of erroneous contract kerfuffle. It took WJ four months to get Title to fix a similar "mystery contract" that showed up in his account, all the while still being required to pay MF's on the points. Once corrected, no reimbursement of MF's have yet been sent.

To your original question.... yes, it's that screwed up.

I wonder how many elderly people this is happening to but have not noticed? The whole Wyndham system seems like intentional theft in every area. A company can not be this inept without a motive.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
BellaWyn is correct, that I was shown to have a new contract of 108,000 with a "bonus points" of 308,000 points (silver VIP for two years for someone). It took four months to get that additional MF charge off my account. I have NOT been reimbursed the additional MF paid for those 4 months. Now, the reconciliation process (audit) is showing that I had too many points for 2016 and 2017. And, guess what, they want me to pay for those extra points, or surrender next year's points. And people wonder why we are so disillusioned.
What an ungodly mess. WJ, I admire the fact that you're handling the whole fiasco with such grace and aplomb.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I have NOT been reimbursed the additional MF paid for those 4 months.

How is that legal? Are you still in the process of disputing those fees? Four months of MFs on 108,000 points probably doesn't add up to very much, but the very notion of them not reimbursing you for their error is outrageous.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is that legal? Are you still in the process of disputing those fees? Four months of MFs on 108,000 points probably doesn't add up to very much, but the very notion of them not reimbursing you for their error is outrageous.

If every owner PAID $238 extra every 3 year ... for improperly billed MFs by Wyndham ... that would be MILLIONS of dollars of EASY money (usually referred to as improper appropriation of another's MONEY ... is in plain and simple talk, stealing.)

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Well, that's 2 1/2 hours of my life I am never getting back. After interminable hold times, dropped calls, unhelpful OC I finally get an answer at Presidential Reserve. For a non-PR contract. Go figure. Long story short, we had two contracts in the pipeline at the same time. The PR one closed first, and a second EOY Bali Hai closed a couple weeks later. I called all the parties to give them the member number the EOY was to go under. Still Wyndham created a separate member account for the contract but placed it in the account we wanted all the time. So 6 weeks after we got the new points we get a welcome letter for an account that has nothing in it. Silos. PR cannot even find the new account. Doesn't exist in their system. Madness. How do you run a company like this?