• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk Northstar - hard to book during holidays?

2004for

Reaction score
Hi

I'm considering to buy in to the Welk's timeshare point program (and thanks to this site - it would be via resale market!)

We are mainly interested in their Northstar property and typical go for long weekends like MLK or a week like President's day week. I was reading that you can book a week 15 mths in advance or for stays less than a week, only 4 mths in advance. I went on their website for a regular rental booking and it seemed to have availability for a 3 night stay the weekend after presidents weekend. Does the regular rental availability reflect the same availability a time share owner would have?

I was hoping to find out from existing Welk timeshare owners how difficult is it to book the Northstar property during President's week or weekends during the peak periods. And if anyone has any other advice or info they could share about Welk (pitfalls, etc). I tried to search and there doesn't seem much info

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Dagger9903

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member, first post. I'm bumping this thread bc I have the exact same question. Evaluating a Welks Platinum Points resale, almost exclusively to use at Northstar. Can someone with an account PLEASE see if Xmas 2018 and / or Presidents' Day week (Feb 18, 2019) are available for a 3 or 2 bedrm? There's no way as a non-member to check this (unless availability is shared with the paid options, but I can't confirm this). These dates are 9 and 12 months out, so I feel like are a good indication of availability.

Also, if anyone has recent experience with booking Northstar @ Welks (primarily 2 or 3 bedroom), that'd be super valuable!

Also, can someone confirm that if you buy resale you lose the booking extension for large point pgks (from 15mos to 18mos, for example)? This isn't black and white to me.

Thanks!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just checked, and President's week is available for 2019 at Northstar for a 2BR unit at 420,000 points. It's also available for Christmas week at 450,000 points for a 2BR. I'm relatively new to Welk, and have never booked at Northstar so can't answer your other questions. I have, however, used my Hyatt ownership to book into the same property using the units there owned by Hyatt. It's a spectacular venue.

My advice: contact a reputable resale broker who sells Welk and ask them your questions. As the buyer, you won't be paying a thing for the information you receive.

Dagger9903

Reaction score
Thanks WalnutBaron, that is great information! Did you see a 3bdrm too by chance?

I'm working with a reputable seller but she's not up to speed on the Northstar stuff (much more info on the SD property).