• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wesley Financial Group

Artsondra

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Marriott Cypress Harbor, Diamond
Has anyone here ever heard of or had any dealings with the Wesley Financial Group out of Nashville TN? I saw an ad on Facebook about how to get rid of unwanted timeshares. I did some research and saw mostly positives about WFG but there were enough negatives that I have concerns about signing up with them.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
do they meet any of the red flag criteria here?

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare_company_legitimate.html

companies change names and pop up on a regular basis...but its easy to spot the ones you should avoid.

you appear to own a wyndham and a marriott....both should be simple and easy to get rid of on your own without paying a dime in upfront fees.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever heard of or had any dealings with the Wesley Financial Group out of Nashville TN? I saw an ad on Facebook about how to get rid of unwanted timeshares. I did some research and saw mostly positives about WFG but there were enough negatives that I have concerns about signing up with them.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

The discussion forums on RedWeek.com are generally quite lame, but you can easily find a thread there regarding Wesley Financial Group.
The thread seems to be comprised mostly of input from unhappy "volunteers" who ponied up money and were subsequently scammed by WFG.
There are no secret processes or magic beans to easily and lawfully part with a timeshare ownership. None. No Santa Claus or Easter Bunny either, btw.

It's none of my business, but your listed ownerships seem to include Diamond and Wyndham, both of which accept direct "deedbacks" (Wyndham for free, under their "Ovation" program, DRI apparently for a $250 fee). I respectfully suggest looking at those legitimate options to unload unwanted timeshares instead of looking at any of the (empty promises, serious upfront money) "magic acts" peddled by any parasitic "escape / relief / exit / rescue" operation.

I wonder if "Wesley Financial Group" is perhaps somehow associated with Castle Law Group, also in Nashville, or a different operation with a similar m.o.? :ponder: Castle Law Group is currently on the receiving end of several different lawsuits filed in Federal courts in FL and TN, as discussed elsewhere in these forums.

Last edited:

theak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
How about when it's only been a year and I've still got most of the 10k loan to payback for years to come? Then would Wesley be a wise choice or what are better options? Giving it away seems reasonable if you've used it for years and paid it off, but I'm not sure what to do in the case of having made this mistake and just starting down this sad road. The timeshare is through Holiday Inn Club Vacations. And yes, I found out later that they did lie to me on some things. I've called them and asked them if they will do a Deedback, and they said no, and gave me names of timeshare buying companies they thought were reputable (of course, this will be costly on top of my existing loan).

Any advice or alternatives?

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The fast-talking timeshare exit hornswogglers are even worse than the fast-talking high-pressure full-freight timeshare sales bamboozlers.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

theak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
The fast-talking timeshare exit hornswogglers are even worse than the fast-talking high-pressure full-freight timeshare sales bamboozlers.

But if they charge $3k (for example), and the timeshare would cost me over $10k to pay it off, I would think reputable timeshare exit companies would then be worth it?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
But if they charge $3k (for example), and the timeshare would cost me over $10k to pay it off, I would think reputable timeshare exit companies would then be worth it?
Good luck with that.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've said this before in a previous post but I'll say it again. Think about the scenario you're putting forth. You owe the lender $10k. You pay WFG $3000. You're happy because you only pay $3000 and save $7000. WFG is happy because it just got $3000 from you. Now what about the lender to whom you owe $10k. How do you think the lender is feeling being out $10k? Do you think the lender is just going to bend over and say, "We don't care about not getting the $10,000. Oh well. The borrower has learned his lesson. Let's move on."?

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
You have a legal binding contract for your mortgage. Wesley doesn’t have a magic wand to make the lender forget that.

Review the BBB and you will find that they have revoked Wesley’s accreditation due to “engaging in activities reflecting poorly on the BBB or its members”. Also read the complaints of people scammed by them. Do you really want to give this company $3,000 with the “hope” they might do something for you?

https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/franklin/...al-group-llc-0573-37070239/details#all-alerts

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Where are your timeshares?

Check out the new sticky below on state TS laws for non-judicial, anti-deficiency states. In CA, FL and SC you can do this yourself for free but you have to tread carefully in what you say to the TS company and should hire a foreclosure lawyer for an hour to review your plan before you act. Your credit could also be affected.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...cial-state-ts-laws-and-guides-manuals.298554/

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I once told a potential Wesley customer he could spend $1k deeding back to DRI without affecting his credit, instead of paying Wesley $3k which could affect his credit. Wesley ended up deleting my comment and banning me from their Facebook.

Does this seem like a company that cares about you, or just your wallet??

Attachments

• BECA5A99-E198-4964-B378-2826A271038B.jpeg
    BECA5A99-E198-4964-B378-2826A271038B.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 113
  • D473481E-EF6A-4135-8F54-4C5640C9B021.png
    D473481E-EF6A-4135-8F54-4C5640C9B021.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 111

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I am really hopeful on the deed back programs coming on stream by many developers. It’s just a win win on many fronts:

1. It’s amicable versus strategic defaulting or exit companies.
2. It’s profitable. Many of these can be resold or rented.
3. It just makes sense. The better the ability for those who want out to get out, the more palatable timesharing is. It might even make resale pricing go up.
4. It’s cheaper. Deed back programs can usually get their costs covered through a reasonable fee versus forced foreclosure or having your resort team have Exit Companies nipping at your door.

With good, effective and fair deedback programs, I can see the Exit or Cancellation business go out of business naturally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am really hopeful on the deed back programs coming on stream by many developers. It’s just a win win on many fronts:

1. It’s amicable versus strategic defaulting or exit companies.
2. It’s profitable. Many of these can be resold or rented.
3. It just makes sense. The better the ability for those who want out to get out, the more palatable timesharing is. It might even make resale pricing go up.
4. It’s cheaper. Deed back programs can usually get their costs covered through a reasonable fee versus forced foreclosure or having your resort team have Exit Companies nipping at your door.

With good, effective and fair deedback programs, I can see the Exit or Cancellation business go out of business naturally.

I am hopeful as long as the fees are <$1000. Otherwise this is extortion.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I am hopeful as long as the fees are <$1000. Otherwise this is extortion.

Like anything, if it’s priced out of reason, the chances of the program working is lower and the chances of owners who want out using methods developers hate rises.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and that lip service would be worth something if those companies actually only dealt with owners of resorts/systems that DIDNT have deedback programs.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
and that lip service would be worth something if those companies actually only dealt with owners of resorts/systems that DIDNT have deedback programs.

Perhaps sometime a sticky should be created with all the developers who do have deedback programs. The sticky includes their phone number and maybe who to speak to.

Maybe there is a sticky list here somewhere.

I am not a believer of Exit Companies myself. They might get sued into the ground? There are sure a lot of litigation out there at the moment.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
As a side note, the guy who founded and runs Wesley is a former manager of another timeshare exit company sued out of existence known as VO Group. In other words, when the company was sued and forced to shut down, the manager created his own scam corporation (Wesley Financial).

TS

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a side note, the guy who founded and runs Wesley is a former manager of another timeshare exit company sued out of existence known as VO Group. In other words, when the company was sued and forced to shut down, the manager created his own scam corporation (Wesley Financial).

TS

They'll catch up with him eventually, and I'm sure they'll have some solid metal bracelets that will fit him just fine!