• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Cancun Villa Conversion To Begin

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sounds like the next year will be a pretty crappy time to visit the property.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
The main oceanfront pool and bar will be closed until the renovation is over, there is a smaller lagoon side pool with no bar and very little sunlight that will now be used as the main pool area.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
This isnt even part of vistana, so why should it matter?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This isnt even part of vistana, so why should it matter?
It is. The Westin Resort and Spa Cancun was one of three Mexican properties along with one in Kauai that Starwood sold to Vistana as part of the spinoff last year. They are converting it and the others to timeshare over time.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
In comparison I really can't ever see this property being premier to Lagunamar. Based on location of Lagunamar and the amenities and size of the pools I just can't see staying there for a week. Major renovations are desperately needed to keep up to Westin quality.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
The main oceanfront pool and bar will be closed until the renovation is over, there is a smaller lagoon side pool with no bar and very little sunlight that will now be used as the main pool area.

The pools at the resort are so small!!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In comparison I really can't ever see this property being premier to Lagunamar. Based on location of Lagunamar and the amenities and size of the pools I just can't see staying there for a week. Major renovations are desperately needed to keep up to Westin quality.
I would have to agree. Also looking at the properties in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo, I think I would have the same concerns with those. It will be hard to top Lagunamar.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
The Westin Resort does have a beautiful beach. It's usually much calmer than Lagunamar and easy to get to by bus. We also like to snorkel, a short walk from the Westin Resort.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
It is. The Westin Resort and Spa Cancun was one of three Mexican properties along with one in Kauai that Starwood sold to Vistana as part of the spinoff last year. They are converting it and the others to timeshare over time.

Strange I'm not seeing it as part of resorts I can reserve.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Strange I'm not seeing it as part of resorts I can reserve.
It isn't available for reservations yet and isn't even in active sales. The thread was to discuss the conversion of the units. You can currently book stays there for some real great cash rates through the hotel website because of the active construction.