• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Los Cabos Package Offer

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We received an offer from Vistana offering 4 nights at the new Westin Vacation Club Los Cabos Resort Villas for $299 with the obligatory 90 minute presentation. We are typically not inclined to do these deals that require a presentation unless we are actually interested in buying, or at least trying to learn something new, but this one may be an exception. We've never been to Los Cabos and this could be a cheap way to sample the area at what appears to be a very nice resort. After buying the $299 package, they say you have a year to book travel.

Our desire would be to go in the mid-January/late-February 2018 time frame, but when we called about the offer today, we were told right now they are only making reservations for June-October (obviously hurricane season). The person my wife spoke with said they would be opening up winter dates later in the summer.

The problem is, the only time in the next 12 months we would want to make this trip is early 2018. My concern is that since that is peak season in Cabo, Vistana may not actually make units available for this offer during that time frame, despite what the person on the phone said (they are incentivized to sell the packages, I suspect, and have no knowledge of actual inventory plans). I don't want to buy the package now, and then find out there are no reservations available during the time we want to go. My inclination is to wait until later in the summer and call back to see what is available before buying the package, but this specific offer will be long expired by then, and based on a couple of discussions I just saw on Trip Advisor, people who have just visited this same resort on similar packages paid $349-$499 for their offer.

Since this is a new resort, there won't be any history of their marketing approach there, but have any of you Vistana owners ever bought packages like this for other Vistana resorts? Do they typically allow these to be used during peak seasons (like winter in Los Cabos), or are they typically restricted to off-season or shoulder season, meaning our desired Jan/Feb booking would likely never happen? I don't want to buy this package now unless I'm confident we will be able to book the stay for Jan/Feb.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, but DW and I have booked Explorer package stays during peak season. I would not expect the most popular holiday weeks (e.g. 7, 51, 52) to be available but if you have moderate flexibility I'd be surprised if your request wasn't able to be accommodated.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
JIMinNC, can you share the phone number to call. I would like to try and obtain a package.
Thanks,
Markus

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I don't have the phone # handy right now. My wife has the mailing with her on a business trip this week, but when she gets home I should be able to post it over the upcoming weekend. She took it with her so she could call about it. Just be advised, the offer requires an offer code or something like that, and I think the offer code is unique to the individual who got the mailing. I don't want to post that since we may still decide to do this, but I guess you could call the phone # and see what they say.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Thanks, that was my plan, dont need the offer code just the number. Appreciate your help.
Markus

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I got one for WLR for the same price. Once I saw that a tour was mandatory, I threw it away. I haven't gone on a timeshare spiel yet and I don't want to ruin my spotless record.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they have a limited number of peak season rooms available for those. Our first booking at WKORV was new years on a similar package, which was an amazing deal.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Thanks for all the input. We did decide to buy the $299 package for Westin Los Cabos. The more I thought about it, given that this is a brand new resort with lots of unsold weeks, they will have great discretion in allocating unsold inventory between Preview packages, cash stays, II bulk deposits, and StarOptions bookings. I suspect Sales will want them to go get as much fresh meat as possible. They took a $200 deposit with the $99 balance to be paid upon confirmation and said they would contact us later in the summer when winter 2018 inventory is released for the packages. Worst case we're out $200 if nothing pops up, but I suspect it will.

Also the package includes $75 of resort credit, included in the $299 price.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
The phone number that I used for a discounted stay at the Westin Ka'anapali was 800-662-2775. It may or may not work for Los Cabos. When I originally received the offer, it was only available for a period of travel that we could not use. I asked for them to call back when the January dates opened up. They did and we extended our stay for about 5 nights. Good luck.

Thunder Up

blondietink

Reaction score
Just curious, how do people receive these offers? Phone call, email or snail mail?

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Just curious, how do people receive these offers? Phone call, email or snail mail?

Ours came in regular snail mail. I assume it was data mining on the list of SPG Starpoints members. My wife travels extensively and is member of all the loyalty programs, although she is not a high point SPG member. Most of her hotel points are with Marriott or Hilton.

sjcousins11

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
Does anyone know if the offer #s are personalized or if they just generally refer to the offer?

Does anyone know how to request such an offer?

Thanks!

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
You get the offer by either staying there or if you know someone who has stayed there and provided them your info for a point of contact for potential ts owners.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
As much as I'd like to see the resort and the general area, I keep hearing that the water is not safe to swim in - much too rough. Don't think I want to go to an oceanfront resort and be stuck in the pool. Anyone really know the true story? A Vistana Sales rep who was selling options for this resort even told me there was no swimming.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Sea six,

What resorts do you go to? Most of the resorts we go to only have a pool with no beachfront.

Yes you are somewhat right. The beach is on the rougher side of the strip, as it's very calm if you cross the street. But the last time we were there, it was mixed. There were times it was open and times they shut it down. There are also days that it's calm.

The pool is so large, that it was literally the beach itself.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I remember going to Cabo and swimming in the ocean for a bit (years ago), but it was pretty rough. Most of the time I was in the pool. Sounds like now it's a "pool only" type place. Lifeguards won't let you go in the water... It's a beautiful resort though. And the restaurants are fun. And the pool is probably excellent.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Sea six,

What resorts do you go to? Most of the resorts we go to only have a pool with no beachfront.

I go to many resorts but for different reasons. When I go to an oceanfront resort, I go to be on the beach and in the ocean, not swim in a pool. I can do that at home. The rough water situation is why I'm not interested in Cabo San Lucas. I tend to prefer the Caribbean (WLR, HRA, even hotels like Grand Cayman), but I also love to go to WKV for the Barrett-Jackson in January. I suspect most people go to the WKORV resorts to swim in the ocean, too, not just the pools. That's why I go there.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
To each their own. I go to lagunamar cause it's a real nice resort and the multiple things to do around that area, like xel ha. Or you can drive down and do some snorkelling elsewhere.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Medeno beach in Cabo is very swimmable, not rough at all (except wakes from all the boats.) Just find a roped off area.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Does anyone know if the offer #s are personalized or if they just generally refer to the offer?

Does anyone know how to request such an offer?

Thanks!

Our offer number was personalized and unique to us. It came to my wife because she is a very frequent business traveler and is a member of both SPG and Marriott Rewards. I'm not sure which list her name was pulled from, but I suspect it may have been Marriott Rewards as she is a much more frequent Marriott customer than a Westin customer. I believe that Vistana has access to the Marriott Rewards customer lists after the Marriott/Starwood merger.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We received an email yesterday letting us know that reservations were open for early 2018 for the Westin Los Cabos preview package we bought a few months ago after starting this thread. We booked a four night February stay this afternoon and got our first choice of dates. Not a bad deal for $299. We have no interest in what they are selling, so hopefully the "90-120 minute" presentation won't be too painful. I've heard many bad stories about Mexican timeshare sales presentations, but I'm hoping since this is a Vistana/Westin property they will adhere to a more professional approach as do most of the other "hotel branded" programs.

Reaction score
We received an email yesterday letting us know that reservations were open for early 2018 for the Westin Los Cabos preview package we bought a few months ago after starting this thread. We booked a four night February stay this afternoon and got our first choice of dates. Not a bad deal for $299. We have no interest in what they are selling, so hopefully the "90-120 minute" presentation won't be too painful. I've heard many bad stories about Mexican timeshare sales presentations, but I'm hoping since this is a Vistana/Westin property they will adhere to a more professional approach as do most of the other "hotel branded" programs.

That's great news! Will you please share the phone number for the preview package offer? I don't think it hurts to try and see if I may receive the offer too without an invitation/promo code offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk