• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John [Master Thread] - Part 2 (June 2014 and forward)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
David, any word when the next bargain sale will happen? I keep considering buying week 28 so I'd like to see what's available when it comes out.

I just saw what was stated in recent update (posted above). I assume an email will be sent (or like last time... VSE makes acceptable offer to HOA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was very surprised when I saw the bargain sale being mentioned. I thought all these units would be bought by VSE to be resold...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Any preference on which listing to go through?

Found a listing for a WSJ VGV unit on Redweek, also found same listing on Remax. Any reason I should consider one over the other? Same price for both listings.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Can any one tell me if you can extend your staroptions? If so how do I go about doing so?

Thanks
Cyn

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi Can any one tell me if you can extend your staroptions? If so how do I go about doing so?

Thanks
Cyn
I'd ask this question on the main starwood / Westin board not within this thread

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Interested in exchanging via StarOptions into STJ Thanksgiving 2018, so I'm obviously constrained to booking at 8 months. What does availability look like for Thanksgiving and do I have a chance at 8 months out?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Interested in exchanging via StarOptions into STJ Thanksgiving 2018, so I'm obviously constrained to booking at 8 months. What does availability look like for Thanksgiving and do I have a chance at 8 months out?

Nobody can check availability for November 2018 until November of this year. My guess is that Thanksgiving will be a challenging trade into WSJ; however, with Sunset Bay in active sales, there are fewer owners than unit-weeks and that might loosen inventory somewhat. Still, for a holiday week, you might have better luck in the 2-3 month timeframe than at 8 months, as I have seen occasional cancellations even for desirable holiday weeks.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Could someone refresh my memory about what housekeeping/tidy services we receive when staying in our owned unit/time? Specifically VGV but I also own in CV.
I have a renter asking.
TIA

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Could someone refresh my memory about what housekeeping/tidy services we receive when staying in our owned unit/time? Specifically VGV but I also own in CV.
I have a renter asking.
TIA
Stay of 7 days = 1 mid-week tidy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be tough to get this reservation, probably even with Sunset Bay being open. @okwiater is probably right that the 2-3 months may be your best bet. But be ready for some expensive airfare...

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
[Deleted. Ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums.]

Last edited by a moderator:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Do we have any updates on the litigation of the $25 nightly "Environmental/Infrastructure Impact Fee" aka tax aka "we can't make good on our bonds so we are being creative to raise revenue and not dare call it a tax"???

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I just saw what was stated in recent update (posted above). I assume an email will be sent (or like last time... VSE makes acceptable offer to HOA).

Virgin Grand Villas — St. John Condominium Owners Association
Aug. 14, 2017

We are pleased to announce an Owner resale program that will allow Owners like you the ability to purchase Association-owned Vacation Ownership Interest (VOI) weeks at a substantially reduced cost.

The Association now owns 24 VOI weeks as a result of Owners failing to pay their maintenance fees over the years. The Owners have been denied the use of accommodations at the resort and their VOI weeks have either been foreclosed or offered a deed in lieu of foreclosure.

If you are interested in purchasing an Association-owned VOI week, please follow these steps:
  1. Click here to log in to your Dashboard on vistana.com. Please see the activation date below in RED.
  2. Select and click "View Statement & Make Payments" in the "Owners Association" widget.
  3. If you have VOI weeks at other resorts, please select the corresponding week under The Westin St. John Resort Villas from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click on "Ownership Opportunities," then click on "Resale."
  5. Click on "Available Vacation Weeks" on the right-hand side of the screen.
  6. Review/update your information, select a Villa type from the Villa Type drop-down menu, then click "Submit Request."
  7. Once the sale goes live on Aug. 16, 2017, at noon Eastern time, click on the link below to see the available inventory.
This special resale offer is subject to the following terms:
  • This is not a public offering, but a limited-term internal offer to Owners only. The Association website will only be active beginning on Aug. 16, 2017, at noon Eastern time, until Sept. 16, 2017, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.
  • VOI weeks are offered online on a first-come, first-served basis between Aug. 16, 2017, at noon Eastern time and Sept. 16, 2017, at 4 p.m. Eastern time.
  • Qualified requests to purchase available VOI weeks will be processed in the order received. A purchase contract and related disclosure documents will be mailed to Owners with further instructions. An initial deposit of 50% of the purchase price will be required when returning the executed purchase contract.
  • Requests will only be deemed as Qualified Requests if the person submitting the request is an Owner in good standing with no outstanding balances due to the Association.
  • VOI weeks offered by the Association will be automatically enrolled in Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN).
  • VOI weeks offered by the Association do not count toward Vistana Elite Owner status and may not participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program (converting a VOI to Starpoints®), and are not eligible for any other enhanced benefits offered by the Developer.
  • The offer is limited to VOI weeks owned by this Association. The Association is not offering to take back any VOI weeks. This is an offer to resell VOI weeks already owned by the Association.
Should you have any questions regarding this information, and for the fastest response time, please email us at resaleoffer@vistana.com.

Sincerely,

Virgin Grand Villas – St. John Condominium Owners Associations
Board of Directors

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Why am I not seeing "Ownership Opportunities"? Or do we have to wait until August 16 to see available units for sale?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
From my read of David's post above, item 7, it looks like the list of inventory will only go live on the 16th of August.

Markus

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Link isn't working yet...:ponder:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Link is working now!!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
What are those monster assessment numbers.

Maintenance Fees. Some of those are multi-week fractional, probably 4 week period is my guess.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What are those monster assessment numbers.

Those are the MFs...
The closing costs are ridiculous.

Interesting to see Fractionals listed - do they not get SOs?

Overall - nothing of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.