• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is your favorite Airline/Airplane/Seat

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should be Singapore/A380/Suite 1A

But it is Lufthansa/747800 Intercontinental/81A (the hump is a special place)

Let the games begin...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world it'd be a top-of-the-line Gulfstream with me in left front seat with a backup crew, but unfortunately it isn't a perfect world.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The cheapest one for us :)

I'm with you on this. I'm generally not too fussy about which airline I take, I usually take what is cheapest but also factor in the best route (eg., non-stop vs. one, two, or more connections; spending overnight in an airport, etc.). Then I also factor in details such as how much to pay for luggage.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Favorite: the one I'm sitting in on the way to Hawaii.
Worst: the one I'm sitting in that's heading home.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Second row, first class. Don't like facing the bulkhead. Keep the hot nuts, just send me the drinks.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's on a wide body with two seats next to the window for my wife and I. My wife is a small person so I never have to worry about some big person taking up all of his seat and half of mine. 757s and 737s on six hour flights are the worst when you have an screaming baby, or sick person next to you. Also, avoid the last row aisle seat on a narrow body. The bath room line is the pits.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Best airplane seat I ever had was 10 years ago on a non-stop Northwest flight from MSP to Japan. It was a business class, lay flat window seat on the 2nd floor of a 747. Because of the curve of the plane, there was a storage area between the seat and the window that was big enough for my laptop case. Food and service were excellent. For a 12+ hour flight, it wasn't such a bad way to go.

26%20-%20business%20class%20seats-L.jpg

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world it'd be a top-of-the-line Gulfstream with me in left front seat with a backup crew, but unfortunately it isn't a perfect world.
Didn't think about the absolute best seat in the house because I am not a pilot.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Favorite: the one I'm sitting in on the way to Hawaii.
Worst: the one I'm sitting in that's heading home.
Good way to see it.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best airplane seat I ever had was 10 years ago on a non-stop Northwest flight from MSP to Japan. It was a business class, lay flat window seat on the 2nd floor of a 747. Because of the curve of the plane, there was a storage area between the seat and the window that was big enough for my laptop case. Food and service were excellent. For a 12+ hour flight, it wasn't such a bad way to go.

26%20-%20business%20class%20seats-L.jpg
I remember those seats, they were nice indeed.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, no one seems to be naming specific details...

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The single seat side in the First Class section of a "Barbie Jet". Sort of like a throne:cool:

But the best seat is flying my plane. No TSA, no exact schedule, nobody I don't wish to travel with or without, no baggage claim, no extra fees and great fun.

Cheers

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We rarely fly, but fly economy. Finally got smart and booked two aisle seats directly across from each other. Felt more spacious. We were towards the back- I guess I would rather be in the middle or towards the front- but that's economy plus now.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The seat across the aisle from my husband and kids. :whooopie: Mommy wants to take a nice long nap.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Etihad apt 4K or Qantas a380 suite 5A for me. Showering on the plane in Etihad really was amazing after a long sleep, although shorthaul would obviously be a waste.

Is this not more of a Flyertalk question though?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I don't fly often enough to have a favorite. But I do not like it when I am separated from my family. That puts me in a terrible mood.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Etihad apt 4K or Qantas a380 suite 5A for me. Showering on the plane in Etihad really was amazing after a long sleep, although shorthaul would obviously be a waste.

Is this not more of a Flyertalk question though?
I don't know if everyone who posts on TUG also posts on, or uses, Flyertalk. I know I don't.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting there was anything wrong with the question... I was trying to be helpful and point out that on FT I presume every possible seat option imaginable has been exhaustively compared and contrasted.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I fly a lot and prefer Alaska. But I pay the lowest fare I can unless the negatives on the other airline are too great. I.e. Not being able to pick seat without paying extra, baggage charges, charges for carry on etc.

When flying alone I opt for aisle regardless of row. If I see a window seat is taken and the other two available I take the aisle hoping that the plane won't be full and the middle seat remains open. It happens.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting, no one seems to be naming specific details...
Perhaps because we just fly coach and don't know of any great seats to brag about...

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mid cabin first/business class. I can never remember when they start from the front/back with taking orders so I just go for the middle. I also avoid the bulkhead if possible. If in economy, I will sit by family members but HATE sitting by a stranger. You never know when you'll get a seat hog.