• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is your favorite Airline/Airplane/Seat

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got Op-Up'd to the front on a recent DTW->PVG flight on Delta. Apparently, coach (where I was expecting to be sitting) was oversold. Those Delta One cubbies on the 747 are quite nice, and I was in one of the "worst' seats (9D) I'm not sure I would have paid the extra $3-$4K it would have cost to fly there each way (so a total of $6-$8K more), but...not bad.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mid cabin first/business class. I can never remember when they start from the front/back with taking orders so I just go for the middle. I also avoid the bulkhead if possible. If in economy, I will sit by family members but HATE sitting by a stranger. You never know when you'll get a seat hog.
I know what you are talking about. I believe Delta has a logic, even number flights start taking orders from the front, or is it the other way around?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps because we just fly coach and don't know of any great seats to brag about...
Sorry, I thought it was an innocent question for airplane lovers like myself, not to brag about specific seats where people have traveled.

Good thing I didn't start by naming private jet seats...

Quotes from Superman :cool::

Ursa: [watching an Army helicopter] Look. They need machines to fly.

General Zod: [looking at the Presidential Seal on the floor of the Oval Office] I see you are practiced in worshiping things that fly. Good.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to fly business class extensively on Singapore Airlines for work. Sometimes Cathay Pacific and some other Asian Airlines. When I had to fly US airlines, I could see the instant drop in service levels, planes and food quality. Now since I fly mainly US airlines, I just get immuned to service level and food. It becomes which flight has the fewest stops, shortest flights and business or first class seats that I can redeem using miles. When we were planning for our Asia cruise, my husband asked if we could fly Singapore Airlines First Class and I told him it will be difficult to get the miles for it although I can certainly try. He has never flown Singapore Airlines and he really wants to experience it. We'll see. For now, I have budgeted 700K UA miles for our trip.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I fly a lot and prefer Alaska. But I pay the lowest fare I can unless the negatives on the other airline are too great. I.e. Not being able to pick seat without paying extra, baggage charges, charges for carry on etc.

When flying alone I opt for aisle regardless of row. If I see a window seat is taken and the other two available I take the aisle hoping that the plane won't be full and the middle seat remains open. It happens.

I love Alaska, I'm tall and I need to spread out my legs due to arthritis and this airline is great for me

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I try to get the second row of first class when it is available.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
Just stopping by to express my fond love for 747s especially the ones which as names like the Maid of the Sea or the Goldstar.
I'm gonna miss them as they're being phased out.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwest and Delta; right side mid way; window seat.
and not over the wing or near the restroom area.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
This topic definitely did not go the way I thought it would. My wife prefers the window seat while I prefer the aisle. So when I book flights I try to book the side where there's only 2 seats. The best, in my opinion, are the emergency exit seats because of the extra room. But usually don't get them because someone else already snagged them or because the airlines have started charging extra for them.

As far as airlines go, because we fly primarily domestic or to the Caribbean, we usually fly either Delta (our first choice) or American Airlines. That's because we have affinity credit cards for both and can use miles to help control costs. Plus, we don't get charged for luggage. I see and hear from many people that I should consider Southwest. Those same people tell me, when I ask "Why?", because it's cheaper. For the routes we fly I don't see it. I have compared with Southwest and usually find that Delta or American are actually cheaper and not by just a little.

I will say one of the worst airline experiences I ever had was with AeroMexico. We were on our way to Cabo. And on each leg of the trip there and back I had to go to Customer Service to get my seat assignment. That's because they had me on their passenger list but with no seat assigned and the planes were already full. It meant that my wife and I never sat next to each other and there was always the chance I would be placed on the next available flight. I thought this was ridiculous since I had booked the flights 4 months in advance and I was the only one affected. My wife's seating, which was booked together with mine, was never in question. I had received 3 emails from them between when I booked and when we left notifying me of flight changes (times and seat assignment). If I can avoid them in the future I will. But that may not be possible since they are a Delta partner and we use Delta a lot.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We both prefer aisle seats. So that is our priority when Booking. If we are able to snag Emergency Row then we sit together.