• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where have you successfully sold or given away your timeshare?

Where have you successfully sold or given away your timeshare?

• Tug

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Ebay

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Redweek

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • RE Agent independent

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Sold thru HOA or RE representing HOA

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Gave back to HOA

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Sellmytimesharenow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buyatimeshare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gave to family or friend

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Other, please post so we know what other is

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Other: Facebook page for Pueblo Bonito Owners

mjhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Puerto Vallarta
"Returned" to DRI in August 2017 via Loss Mitigation process (per TUG BBS in the DRI section.) No deed involved: points membership.

Whyspyguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kala Point - Port Townsend, WA
I just (almost) completed transferring ownership of two timeshares via LT Transfers. They were highly recommended by Denise, and other Tuggers. It was simple, and not pricey. Thank you all! The signed paperwork is in the mail!
What is LT Transfers?

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
I sold two Nob Hill Inn and one Powell Place on tug; one week at Los Abrigados on eBay; deeded back another week at Los Abrigados. (When DRI too over, they inserted an "opt out" clause way deep in all the paperwork that allowed me not to join DRI. Most people did not see that you had to write a letter to do the opt out but I sure did! That saved me about $300 per year per unit. And made the week half way reasonable for a buyer. ) For the other week, I noticed on tug that DRI was taking back weeks and took advantage of that.

I do almost all the renting through eBay and craig's list.

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Just another note to say that I have used Legal Timeshare Transfers for every sale. They are quick and efficient - but they cannot make up for a sometimes extraordinary amount of foot dragging on the end of the transfer to the resort. Email is: readylegal@gmail.com

hararou

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We owned two DRI week timeshares, both lockouts, one at Powhatan and one at Greesprings, both in Williamsburg. We owned them for 20 (Powhatan) and 21 (Greensprings) years and, for the most part, enjoyed and made fairly good use of them. About 3 years ago, for various reasons, we decided to sell them one at a time. Tried selling them on-line for less than $100 (including paying closing costs) and through various brokers without success. We had some supposedly interested buyers but the terms seemed sketchy and usually involved some upfront fee which we knew from TUG was a red flag. We also inquired about giving them back to DRI and received no reply. Then, about 2 years ago, someone on TUG posted that DRI was taking back some some units at some of their resorts (Thanks for that post) and we inquired again with DRI and got a favorable result. We transferred the Powhatan deed back to DRI and decided one year later to try again with Greensprings. They agreed and we made the transfer. We're still members of RCI and have several remaining pre-transfer weeks banked with them which we plan to use over the next 2-3 years.

Rtams

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld, Wyndham Panama City Beach
Why not try give it away on TUG instead of deeding back? When the time comes, I would rather give mine to someone who would make good use of it than give it back to a company who will turn around and sell for big$$ to the next unsuspecting timeshare sales victim..

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not try give it away on TUG instead of deeding back? When the time comes, I would rather give mine to someone who would make good use of it than give it back to a company who will turn around and sell for big$$ to the next unsuspecting timeshare sales victim..

I agree wholeheartedly that a TUG "giveaway" is certainly the best first option to pursue, but the fact is that in some instances there will simply be no interested "takers" --- and "deedback" is an option that can disappear at any time, without notice, being entirely at the discretion of the individual HOA.

Last edited: