• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark info website

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
as many of you know Fred Greeb developed and managed a Worldmark information website. It was the place to go to learn the ins and outs of how to use a Worldmark ownership with tips and tricks to get those hard to get reservations

Fred died a year or so ago and there was no one to keep the site updated. And since there were several rule changes, portions of the site and some of Fred's advice became obsolete. But the site remained the best place to learn how to use Worldmark

Well it finally happened. There was no one to maintain (and I assume pay for) the website and it is no longer available

Fred's death was a great loss to the Worldmark community but at least his work lived on. Now that it's gone I find I'm in mourning again

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Oh, so sorry to read that his site is down. I referenced it often for 'historical' notes -- especially related to rule changes, fee changes over time, etc.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
His site was very well organized. It is where I learned how (and why) to make grouped reservations.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this. Fred's website was great!

Is anyone here in contact with Fred's family? I, for one, would be happy to chip in to keep Fred's site available for the next few years. Perhaps his family could arrange this, if some of Fred's "fans" footed the bill. If the site just recently went away, all the data has probably been preserved by his web hosting company. Keeping the website going, without updates (other than perhaps a one-time update to announce that Fred has passed away and the site is being archived) would be quite easy.

Added -- I just now checked and almost all of the content of Fred's site (other than photos and graphics) appears to be available via The Wayback Machine. The Wayback Machine is a project to save all the text that has ever been posted to the web. (No, I am not kidding.)

The Wayback Machine is available at web.archive.org and the most recent version of Fred's site can be accessed at https://web.archive.org/web/20160422134157/http://www.wmtsinfo.com/
However, using The Wayback Machineis much less convenient than using the original website. So, I'd still be happy to chip in.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone else is interested in handling the financial side of maintaining the site, I would be willing to take care of the technical aspects of getting the site up and running. As a Worldmark owner, I found value from the site and am willing to pay it forward with my time and energy.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously, how much are a domain name and hosting services?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I would be happy to donate as well to keep the site. I still use it from time to time as a refresher :bawl:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Domain names are usually $9.99 per year. Hosting about $99 per year. It varies based on promotion etc.

Hosting is the easy part. If you are right $1000 will give you 10 years

The bigger deal is maintaining it. Making the needed changes when there is a rule change and each time a new resort comes online

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we can host the site for free if you like, if someone wants to compile the important articles ill be happy to upload them and store them forever (with links here on the wm forum)

note looking at the whois record, someone renewed the domain just a few days ago...hope to see the site come back and remain a resource for owners!

judyp2530

Reaction score
Seriously, how much are a domain name and hosting services?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One can be had from Google for $10, Bluehost $12, GODaddy $0.99/yr. Also, I parked a website of mine at "Weebly" for free plus you don't need a domain name, but if TUG is willing, so much the better.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
we can host the site for free if you like, if someone wants to compile the important articles ill be happy to upload them and store them forever (with links here on the wm forum)

note looking at the whois record, someone renewed the domain just a few days ago...hope to see the site come back and remain a resource for owners!

That is a tempting offer.... I just wonder how many informational venues in the WM community would remain viable if both WM structured content and discussion was here...

Does the new software offer good content management tools? ....that is where Fred's site shined compared to trying to manage structured content on forum/discussion software that is optimized for unstructured data... i.e. here or FB or WMO

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im not sure what sort of software was used on his site.

but id find it hard to believe whatever was available for him (or thru the entry level hosting packages) isnt available on our dedicated server.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
im not sure what sort of software was used on his site.

but id find it hard to believe whatever was available for him (or thru the entry level hosting packages) isnt available on our dedicated server.

It was a package called NucleusCMS v3.64 - it seems to be abandonware now.

http://nucleuscms.org/

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, ive never heard of that one. ill have to see if there is an existing CMS system available with the software package on the server itself...although even if we had nucleus im not sure we'd have access to the database and everything would have to be hand imported anyway based off the wayback stuff.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have Joomla on the server? I had ported a bunch of the content into that CMS a while back.

https://www.joomla.org/

tederecio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany (2 bed/2bath | 5,000 points)
I'm new to TUG as a formal member but have been reading the forums for about 2 years :).

I'd be happy to lend my web experience to getting the WorldMark web page back up and running. I might even be willing to "own" the website and "pay for it" if there's enough interest. I already own a few domains for other projects I own and could share my hosting for the benefit for our community. Then, all we'd have to do is purchase a domain name (cheap) and forward everything from my hosting provider.

Only downside: I'm not currently a WM owner (although that might change this year) so I'd need help from other members to keep the info updated. This might be as simple as setting up a ticketing system and having folks log in to issue me directives to keep the website updated.

PClapham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Is the web location discussed here wmowners?

Thanks
Anita

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Thanks
Anita
If so, the forums are still alive, but they are probably hosted on a different server. Is it only a matter of time?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI

Thanks
Anita

No. It's Fred's page that wasn't a discussion forum, but rather an information site. Fred passed away a few years ago and his website is what they are trying to save.
Sue

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No. It's Fred's page that wasn't a discussion forum, but rather an information site. Fred passed away a few years ago and his website is what they are trying to save.
Sue
The www.wmowners.com homepage looks to be really messed up though.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sadly no.