• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Sheraton Vistana during thanksgiving week

uwimg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to find 2BR accomodations for an Orlando trip during Thanksgiving week, 11/17-11/24. (I know I should find alternative time-frames given the crowds, but am timing this with a conference that I'm attending on the weekend prior, and the kiddos only have to take 3 days off school for a week-long vacation). We've been to Orlando several years ago and stayed at SVV via Hotwire that we enjoyed but have not experienced either WBC or SVR before

I found a 2br exchange at SVR via RCI that requires 38000 points, (I'd to have to pay to extend my 2015 points which would otherwise probably go to waste), and also requires me to renew my RCI membership, so all said and done would cost me about $480 or so. A 2BR WBC for the same dates on ebay or redweek is nearly $900 - $1000.

Do you think WBC is worth $500 more than SVR for this week?, also is either resort more crowded compared to the other?. My kids are 9, 5 & 3 and love playing in the kiddie pools, so rather than spending all week at the parks, we'll probably go for 4 days and spend the remaining 3 at the resort itself?
I appreciate all your input.
Thank you
Syed.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hello,
I'm trying to find 2BR accomodations for an Orlando trip during Thanksgiving week, 11/17-11/24. (I know I should find alternative time-frames given the crowds, but am timing this with a conference that I'm attending on the weekend prior, and the kiddos only have to take 3 days off school for a week-long vacation). We've been to Orlando several years ago and stayed at SVV via Hotwire that we enjoyed but have not experienced either WBC or SVR before

I found a 2br exchange at SVR via RCI that requires 38000 points, (I'd to have to pay to extend my 2015 points which would otherwise probably go to waste), and also requires me to renew my RCI membership, so all said and done would cost me about $480 or so. A 2BR WBC for the same dates on ebay or redweek is nearly $900 - $1000.

Do you think WBC is worth $500 more than SVR for this week?, also is either resort more crowded compared to the other?. My kids are 9, 5 & 3 and love playing in the kiddie pools, so rather than spending all week at the parks, we'll probably go for 4 days and spend the remaining 3 at the resort itself?
I appreciate all your input.
Thank you
Syed.

You would be renewing your RCI membership anyways, correct? And you will just lose the points if you don't book this stay too? So all this stay is actually going to cost you is the $239 booking fee. What you will save will go a long way towards paying for your Disney tickets. BTW for the Disney or other tickets check out www.tickets2you.com. From what I've found they have the best prices.

I've looked at the Sheraton Vistana but never stayed there because they have a one in three or maybe it is four rule and I was saving that resort for when our son and his family are able to join us. We are Wyndham owners so have stayed many times at Bonnet Creek and it is very nice. However during the holiday weeks and summer months the resort is very busy and the pools get very crowded which could be an issue for you as you have three young children to keep an eye on.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I would go for Sheraton Vistana. I prefer the non high rise buildings at Sheraton over the "dense" tall buildings at Bonnet Creek. I have stayed at both resorts multiple times. Bonnet parking can be tight, too. Sheraton is a step above Wyndham quality in my opinion. (We own Wyndham points). We also own with Marriott and Disney Vacation Club.

Last edited:

uwimg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I've confirmed SVR and am looking forward to this stay. Finally my RCI account seems to be paying off a little :).