• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Ridge, Edisto Beach, rehab refurb?

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Has anybody been there of late? I have a reservation for next month but see that they are having units refurbished thru May. The restaurant is closed and the beach is being renourished. Should I look somewhere else or are things being done minor? What's the latest status?

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody been there of late? I have a reservation for next month but see that they are having units refurbished thru May. The restaurant is closed and the beach is being renourished. Should I look somewhere else or are things being done minor? What's the latest status?
We are going April 15th. Hope and pray that we have a great time. Hope the beach is accessable

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Go to shell island. It's awesome. If you do not see a conch shell the second you get off the boat, you are going blind. They are EVERYWHERE. Sand dollars and star fish as well wash up there. We were taken there by a tour guide. He gave us some information on the area and dropped us off on shell island. Btw, some of the locals call Edisto, Edislow because it's pretty laid back. We went there in March a couple years ago and it was a bit to chilly for the beach but we enjoyed our relaxing stay there. If you are worried about the refubs, or the beach, call the resort. They may be able to give you more info. The beach may not be completely closed down. You may have to travel a little further away to an area that they are not renourishing. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to shell island. It's awesome. If you do not see a conch shell the second you get off the boat, you are going blind. They are EVERYWHERE. Sand dollars and star fish as well wash up there. We were taken there by a tour guide. He gave us some information on the area and dropped us off on shell island. Btw, some of the locals call Edisto, Edislow because it's pretty laid back. We went there in March a couple years ago and it was a bit to chilly for the beach but we enjoyed our relaxing stay there. If you are worried about the refubs, or the beach, call the resort. They may be able to give you more info. The beach may not be completely closed down. You may have to travel a little further away to an area that they are not renourishing. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the info.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From a Wyndham site pertaining to Ocean Ridge showing current status:

Renovation Notice: Marsh Point is currently closed for renovations through April 15, 2017. The building elevators will be closed for renovations through May 31, 2017. Dates are subject to change..

Renovation Notice: The resort will undergo unit renovations through May 2017. Dates are subject to change.

There is or was something called "CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Ridge" for answers to your other questions you may want to contact them or http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/media/social-media-room.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From a Wyndham site pertaining to Ocean Ridge:

Renovation Notice: Marsh Point is currently closed for renovations through April 15, 2017. The building elevators will be closed for renovations through May 31, 2017. Dates are subject to change..

Renovation Notice: The resort will undergo unit renovations through May 2017. Dates are subject to change.
OP already has this info. Question pertained to more timely info than the generic website disclaimer.

JoeCope

Reaction score
Was there earlier this month at Ocean Ridge King Cotton. Encountered no problems. Parts of beach open and more opening as days went by. Found beach project very interesting to watch. Hope this helps.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
We are going April 15th. Hope and pray that we have a great time. Hope the beach is accessable

From what I have found out the area and resort are not back at 100% but there is still plenty to do and see that will keep us busy. The fishing is good, the beaches are still being worked on but plenty of available areas. Maybe you can give a report when you get there and I will do the same to give everybody a good idea of what is going on.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have found out the area and resort are not back at 100% but there is still plenty to do and see that will keep us busy. The fishing is good, the beaches are still being worked on but plenty of available areas. Maybe you can give a report when you get there and I will do the same to give everybody a good idea of what is going on.
We will give a report of our trip and let you know what is going on

slabeaume

Reaction score
My daughter and her husband were there over St. Pat's weekend. They were in the Marsh point area, I believe and the unit was newly renovated. Looked really nice from the pictures she sent. She said the beach in a lot of areas is gone with a rather large drop off, but that it was being worked on. What beaches they did find were covered with jellyfish---but I assume that was a full moon thing. They still had a good time, although they were disappointed to find that Botany Bay beach is inaccessible now. The boardwalk to that island is gone from the hurricane and the trees that were in the water are suppose to be gone, too.