*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham transfer time

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by enutts, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

I did and she said it only said 8 weeks. No date. :(

2. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

No sorry I did not. He just so happened to mention Nov 22nd for the non-deeded. 18002518736 opt 2 opt 3 for ownership transfers, if you would like to talk to the dept.

Edit: NM I see Richelle responded when I was looking up the number

3. enutts

enutts Guest

Thanks! I'll call them this week and check my status

4. antjmar

antjmar Guest

They told me they are working on paperwork received 11/22. Which is the same thing the told me last week...
    Last week I was told call Tuesday or Wednesday it should be done by then. Now they told me 4 more weeks!!!:mad:
    I also have a fixed week that they received 11/21 which isnt done so the dates dont mean much IMO!:shrug:

5. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Okay now I have no doubt Wyndham can not keep track of their points. So I bought a resell from a member here on TUG. When I called the automated line to check my MF (to see if it setup with my information yet) I was shocked to hear it say it worked when I put in my zip code. Now I was extremely worried when it said my monthly MF fee is $872 a month. I of course hit 0 for help and talked to the gentlemen. He verified my name and gave me my new member number (first time buyer) and when I asked about the MF he said that was correct. That it is $872 a month, $10,464 a year.

Now I bought a resell CWA for 275k in points and LYs MF was only $131. He could not give me any other information. I hung up and called the deed line I posted above and they said they closed out the transfer today. She could not give me details on the MF fee or the points (which did not make since) and transferred me to another dept. This dept says my member number gets over 1.7 million in points annually. This is after verifying my name and address is correct on the member number.

I am just breathe and wait till later to see if it fixes itself. Heck of a deal but no way I can afford that $10k a year in MF. Maybe they gave me VIP also lol.

6. enutts

enutts Guest

Wow what a mess...hopefully they get it all corrected for you. Did you get a copy of the estoppel to make sure you were buying what you were told?

7. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Yep sure did and made sure I kept it. Let's see how they fix this now.

8. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Heck debating about calling a VC and see if it is a VIP account. Maybe they totally messed up. Then I could use the additional points to do a little bit of last minute rentals to people before they fix their mistake lol

10. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Only if you want your account suspended for six months while they do their "audit". Lol

11. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Okay good point. I think I will give them a few days to let the system straighten out. The member number they assigned me started with 0001XXXXXXX so I starting to wonder if they just took the sellers account and gave it to me. I called the automated number and it says there are several contracts assigned to that member number. When I talked to the 3 reps, they all said that member number was under my name and my address. One of them did comment that the member number if it was assigned to me recently shouldn't be that low but didn't seem concerned about it.

Time will tell.

12. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Mine starts with 002, and I got it in 2008. So yeah, that's an old account. I would suggest contacting the seller and ask them to check their account. I have a feeling that you are right. You have all of their contracts and not just the one.

13. enutts

enutts Guest

Check in the website tomorrow because it takes 24 hours for all updates to show online.

14. enutts

enutts Guest

But yeah it sounds like they transferred all the previous owners contracts not just one. I'm sure they will be getting a call from them as well with a screw up that big

15. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

When I tried to register it online it says this membership number is already registered. So I am sure it is the sellers membership number. Going to give it till tomorrow and then will reach out the to broker that was the middle lady and also will try calling Wyndham and let them know of the issues. Hopefully it just needs that 24 hours. Really weird the three different reps would tell me the membership number assigned to that contract and all verify it matches my name and address. Even in the automated system I use that member number and my zipcode and it says all the information.

16. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Well looks like they have fixed their mistake now. I now only have the one contract assigned to me and they issued me a new member number. I am short 75K in points but I am sure that can be worked out with the seller. Much better then having the MF for another 1.5M in points.

It's still really weird how they gave me the old owners membership number but verified my name and address with different reps and they said it was assigned to me. Oh well at least the owner has it back with their information now. I'm glad this is almost done.

17. enutts

enutts Guest

So it seems like the timeframe is 8 weeks from the time they send it to processing.

18. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

9 weeks exactly for me from Nov 10th when they said it was sent to processing and it was a CWA.

19. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Hopefully things will speed up this month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. enutts

enutts Guest

Update...one of my contracts posted in my account today. Wyndham received the recorded deed on 11/8 so it took about 9 1/2 weeks.

21. nicemann

nicemann TUG Member

Congrats, glad you got one of them to go thru

enutts likes this.
  22. enutts

enutts Guest

Thanks. Now just have to wait for the next one, they received that one on 11/17

23. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    I heard from a friend that a deed he bought on October 18th just showed up in his account today.

24. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

I imagine some of that time was getting paperwork done before sending to Wyndham? Deed recording, contract signing, etc?

25. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

I'm glad yours is finally in. Hopefully mine does not take that long.