• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WYNDHAM TRAVEL RESORT

Reaction score
Hi!! Me and my boyfriend just signed up today for the timeshare and I have read the reviews and I am NOT happy that I put a down payment of almost $3,000 on my card today...Can I still cancel??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yes you can cancel. There are instructions on how to do that in the documents they gave you. But go to the Wyndham forum here on TUG and you can find detailed instructions on how to do it.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Last edited:
Reaction score
If you just signed the contract today, then you should be able to rescind the purchase if you act quickly. What state did you make the purchase in? Each state has different laws regarding how much time you have to rescind.

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html
OMG!!! Thank you!!! It says I have 7 days but I'm gonna cancel on Monday....Its been stressing me out since I left the place and the reviews are HORRIBLE and they say during the presentation that they don't pressure you but THEY DO!!!!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NOT where you LIVE .. but WHERE you signed the contract.

ie You pay sales tax for the state you brought that $3000 flat screen TV in ... not the state you live in.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Important point not be missed, OP. It doesn't matter one bit that you live in San Diego. What matters is the state in which you executed the contract.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you need help on how to rescind, here is an article on TUG for you:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

Once you get your letter in the mail, come back here on TUG and let us know how things went. Also, take time to research the wealth of information here to get you better acquainted with all the ins and outs of TSs before deciding to buy. Buying (or even accepting one of the countless ones available for free) takes a lot of know-how and understanding of the TS industry.

You said that "[you] just signed up today for the timeshare", so I will assume that you are still at or near the resort. If so, it might be tempting to march back into the sales office to rescind. That's a no-no. Follow the directions in your contract which will likely tell you to send a letter via certified mail.

Reaction score

ie You pay sales tax for the state you brought that $3000 flat screen TV in ... not the state you live in.

I signed the contract in Oceanside California (still San Diego) I'm on hold trying to tell them I wanna cancel

Reaction score
Is there an easier way to cancel my contract? Cause I have been on hold for 15 min now...I signed the contract on Friday June 14....aPLEASE HELP ME :(

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look thru the paperwork they gave you ... the booklets, etc. There might be a panel or pocket in a binder where the rescind instructions are slightly HIDDEN.

They DO NOT want you to FIND them ... but they HAD to include them into your paperwork.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
....I'm on hold trying to tell them I wanna cancel

You may "wanna" resolve this contract matter in a quick call, but understand very clearly that you cannot rescind (cancel) your contract "over the phone".

You must do so in writing, with the signature(s) of all who signed the contract, with your letter having a postmark date within the rescission time period identified by applicable state law. It doesn't matter when the letter is received; only the postmark date matters. Phone conversation is legally meaningless and a waste of your (decreasing) time. Send the rescission letter by certified mail and save the USPS counter-issued, date stamped receipt. Tick tock.

Last edited: