• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Trust inventory

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
I have enjoyed the discussion & tracking of the trust deposits into inventory
As a recent fixed week & point purchaser I am trying to get a sense of the "true availability" for points use particularly for the sought after week 52 in oceanfront or ocean view in a 2 or 3 bedroom at Maui Ocean Club or in the Lahaina/Napili Villas
Any way your tracking shows that? Any sense of # availed for points use?
Thank you
Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
As a recent fixed week & point purchaser I am trying to get a sense of the "true availability" for points use particularly for the sought after week 52 in oceanfront or ocean view in a 2 or 3 bedroom at Maui Ocean Club or in the Lahaina/Napili Villas
Thank you
Kevin

Most of these weeks were sold to weeks owners before the DC was introduced. Lahaina Tower was completely sold out. There may have been a few week 52 units for the trust in Napili or in the old section of MOC. MVCI has undoubtedly bought back a few of these prime weeks for the trust, but I would think most of the available inventory for week 52 points usage is coming from legacy weeks owners who are exchanging their weeks for DC points.

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
[Duplicate info deleted.]
Weighing buying/adding points but don't want to discover no avail for week 52 oceanfront units at MOC after I buy more points
Welcome your insight & value your research & efforts
Thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Weighing buying/adding points but don't want to discover no avail for week 52 oceanfront units at MOC after I buy more points
Welcome your insight & value your research & efforts
Thank you

Based on my records, there are 15 week 52 2BR units at Lahaina and Napili Towers conveyed to the trust. Only three in the old section that I can confirm.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Kfp13... [deleted, post moved] it sounds like you are pondering purchasing additional points to be able to snag this week. Is this a definite annual plan, or may you go some years, and not others. I only ask as you might want to check out renting points in the years you need them, rather than purchasing more. Just tossing that out there to you in case you were not aware a point rental market existed.

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
Anyway to know if they are ocean view or oceanfront?
Do you have any evidence of 3 bedroom oceanfront units week 52 transferred into the trust?

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
I have a follow up question :
anyway to tell whether the units transferred into the trust are oceanfront? Ocean view? Any 3 bedroom oceanfront week 52 in Napili or Lahaina towers?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I have a follow up question :
anyway to tell whether the units transferred into the trust are oceanfront? Ocean view? Any 3 bedroom oceanfront week 52 in Napili or Lahaina towers?

I track the 3BRs that are in the Trust and there aren't any 3BR Week 52's in the Trust.

I believe there are seven 2BR OF's Week 52's from the new towers that are in the Trust. I believe there are five 2BR OF's from the original towers that are in the Trust.

Best,

Greg

Kfp13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
MVC Destinations Points
I track the 3BRs that are in the Trust and there aren't any 3BR Week 52's in the Trust.

I believe there are seven 2BR OF's Week 52's from the new towers that are in the Trust. I believe there are five 2BR OF's from the original towers that are in the Trust.

Best,

Greg
Do you have any updated figures on 2br OF's that are in Trust in the original towers vs # of legacy ?