• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Playa Maria Mazatlan under new owner

katyjill

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister has owned at this resort since 2002. It recently came under new ownership, and she's running into a few problems. They had a provision added to their contract where they were allowed to book 14 months in advance. The new owner says that since this was handwritten on their contract, they do not have to honor it. My sister is also reluctant to do business with them since they insist on receiving payment before confirming a reservation (the old management did not require payment until 4 months or so before they used the unit). Has anyone out there had any recent problems with Playa Maria? I think what she's really afraid of is arriving at the resort and finding out the reservation has been "lost", since they were staying at the resort when this happened to another couple.

flexible

TUG Member
Reaction score
Playa Maria sold to a 3rd owner

My sister has owned at this resort since 2002. It recently came under new ownership, and she's running into a few problems. They had a provision added to their contract where they were allowed to book 14 months in advance. The new owner says that since this was handwritten on their contract, they do not have to honor it. My sister is also reluctant to do business with them since they insist on receiving payment before confirming a reservation (the old management did not require payment until 4 months or so before they used the unit). Has anyone out there had any recent problems with Playa Maria? I think what she's really afraid of is arriving at the resort and finding out the reservation has been "lost", since they were staying at the resort when this happened to another couple.

We stayed at Playa Maria Beach Club from October 4-31, 2008. It was sold to the 3rd ownership company before we left but I could not find out details.

The new ownership company was making many maintenance improvements the last week of October. There were meetings we saw with people who will be involved with the restaurant.

Our neighbor said she thought the new owners had a project in the Golden Zone and also owned a property in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

There are several provisions in our original contract that we are concerned with too.

If anyone knows more details about the the new company, please let us know. I would like to visit their property in Puerto Vallarta while I am in Nuevo Vallarta the next few months.

Thanks.

ness19

Reaction score
Playa Maria - What's going on...

I have been trying to get in touch with them through their reservation email but it is no longer a valid email address. Their website is no longer online. The only thing I have been able to find is all the various travel agents who advertise rentals. Does anyone have the contact information for the new owners?? We have not received our billing for the dues for next year either.

This gets soooo frustrating. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

flexible

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get in touch with them through their reservation email but it is no longer a valid email address. Their website is no longer online. The only thing I have been able to find is all the various travel agents who advertise rentals. Does anyone have the contact information for the new owners?? We have not received our billing for the dues for next year either.

This gets soooo frustrating. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I contacted another resort we also own in Mazatlan and was told the new name of Playa Maria is Crown Bay. I believe their website is http://crownbay.com.mx

I heard some of their phone numbers were no longer in service. But I think one of them might be: 011 52 669 9881139

Please send me a private message to let me know your progress in finding new information. We stayed at Playa Maria for 4 weeks in October 2008 and banked 8 accumulated weeks with exchange companies. An exchanger had no problem Nov 22-29, 2008, but an exchanger arriving on November 29, this past Saturday, seems to have encountered problems.

We'd like to get updated and know that our exchanges were honored before we pay next years MF.

Byron

Reaction score
Re the message from FLEXIBLE:

Re the message from FLEXIBLE:

You said: "Please send me a private message to let me know your progress in finding new information."

There are hundreds of owners at Playa Maria; if you are going to send private messages about Playa Maria, PLEASE! also post them for us other owners.

We have 2 weeks booked and paid for at the end of March 2009, our air is paid, and our vacation time is booked. Are we going to get our suite when we arrive?

CURIOUS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Playa Maria

Hi Byron,

We are owners at PM aka Crown Bay. Here are a couple of links to find out what is going on at PM aka Crown Bay:For those owners who have not requested to be updated when new owners post to Trip Advisor, here is the link:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...wners_Please_read-Mazatlan_Pacific_Coast.html

There is a new posting from an owner that just returned from Crown Bay stating they are honoring the reservations!

Also, here is the email address for questions: paycode1@islandresortsandvillas.com.mx

Hope this information helps.

Best wishes.

John & Mary Ellen