• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here at Cypress Harbour this week

counsel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am here at Cypress Harbour from May 18 - May 25, so if anyone has any specific questions, ask away! :wave: We are staying on the top floor of the 52 building, right next to the clubhouse... What a neat view.

We are owners here at CH, but haven't been here for 5 years. WOW, they have done a great job of upgrading! It makes me glad that we bought here, and it is unbelieveable that this is one of the older properties.

Having stayed alot lately at Barony in Hilton Head (we LOVE that place), we have noticed that the condos here at CH are a little smaller, but not a big deal... I have noticed that the maintenance here and overall condition of the condos are much better at CH than BBC.

I am amazed at how much construction is going on within 2 miles of this property, but you would never know it while here. Horizons across the street has added ALOT since the last time we were here.

Well, we just booked our "preview" over at Grand Vista for this afternoon (they offered $125 in Marriott Money), so I will report back from there...

God Bless, Bruce

tlwmkw

Reaction score
Glad you're having a good time there. What is the weather like?

Would like to hear about your MGV visit. Did they say anything about the new resort they are going to be building there? Grande Lakes I believe was the name of it.

Anyway, have a great time.

tlwmkw

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Cypress Harbour is our favorite resort in Orlando, outside of Disney and the Hiltons (RCI). We really love the grounds, the serenity of the place, the lanais, and the location. The updated units are spectacular, even though Grande Vista is supposed to be the more desirable resort.

We just got back from Grande Vista a week ago today and were surprised how much we missed CH!

I would like to know what people think of the Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms, because we have never been. I would love to know if they are as nice as CH, because their location is even closer to Disney, so less driving and less gas at $4.00 a gallon.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a golf course on site and what is the newest building on property?

Thanks

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
We've stayed in both Cypress Harbour (at least 6 years ago) and also Royal Palms. The 2nd bedroom in both is very small which we didn't like, especially when compared to the newer properties. I'm sure the refurb at CH is very nice, but the small 2nd bedroom is a deal breaker for us.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When a t/s is first constructed the rooms sizes are very large. However, when phase 2, 3 etc., starts the rooms become smaller.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is a resort my father has owned at for years...ive always enjoyed staying there even as a kid!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Julie, I am surprised you found the second bedroom so small. It has the queen bed, the full bathroom, and the small hideabed in there. It certainly was good for our married kids who stayed in that room. I suppose some would rather have two fulls or twins for kids, so I can understand that. I remember trying to get my kids to sleep in the same bed while on vacation. :wall:

counsel

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather

Glad you're having a good time there. What is the weather like?

Would like to hear about your MGV visit. Did they say anything about the new resort they are going to be building there? Grande Lakes I believe was the name of it.

Anyway, have a great time.

tlwmkw

The weather has been "normal" Orlando weather - a little rain in the early afternoon. We were at Aquatica yesterday, and had to get out of the water twice due to short tstorms...

Bruce

counsel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a golf course on site and what is the newest building on property?

Thanks

Hello Pedro,

I'm not a golfer, so I don't pay much attention there... But they do have the Faldo Golf Center at GV, and the golf course is between GV and CH. From what the salesperson was saying, GV is "built out", and the only Marriott property they are still building onto in Orlando is Horizons. Maybe they have come to realize (as I have) that Orlando is overbuilt!?

As far as the "newest building", I don't know if you were referring to CH or GV... CH is a very mature property (which we love), so there has been no construction there for years, and I think that GV hasn't seen construction for several years. Horizons, which is right across the street from CH is undergoing a serious growth spurt...

Bruce

Bruce

counsel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Julie, I am surprised you found the second bedroom so small. It has the queen bed, the full bathroom, and the small hideabed in there. It certainly was good for our married kids who stayed in that room. I suppose some would rather have two fulls or twins for kids, so I can understand that. I remember trying to get my kids to sleep in the same bed while on vacation. :wall:

It is true that the 2nd bedroom is a little smaller than most Marriotts - but at a place like Orlando, how much time do you spend in the bedroom? Our 27 year old daughter and her friend have NO complaints whatsoever!

Bruce

Eric F

Reaction score
All building is completed at Grande Vista and has been for at least 18 months.

Marriott is funding an upgrade and renovation of the GV village center facilities that will begin in June.

Eric

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
All building is completed at Grande Vista and has been for at least 18 months.

Marriott is funding an upgrade and renovation of the GV village center facilities that will begin in June.

Eric

Hi Eric,

I haven't been to GV yet, but am going in the beginning of November. What exactly is the GV village center and how would this effect my stay?

Eric F

Reaction score
The GV Village Center is the core area of the resort. The lobby area, main pool complex (1 of 4 pool areas), MarketPlace store, and various activities centers are in the Village Center.

Marriott is spending $7 million to expand the Marketplace store, add a food court area, create a new poolside bar, change the Lighthouse bar to an ice cream/candy shop, expand lakefront decking, create a new larger execise facility, create a day spa facility, and expand the indoor kids activity area. The money for the project is from MVC, not the HOA budget. Now that GV is built out and nearly sold-out, MVC felt compelled to reinvest in the resort facilities to accommodate the expanded size of the resort.

There will also be villa renovations in a few of the buildings around the main village center. Construction should be done before the December 2008 holidays.

I would recommend that you request a villa in one of the resorts' "Westside Village" buildings.

Eric