• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Calling all experts - HHV advice needed

Troopers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want a TS in Oahu (specifically Waikiki area) and I've concluded that HGVC is my best option (I couldn't get excited about Wyndham). What is the best way to purchase 8400 pts for a platinum 2 bdrm ocean view unit at HHV? Here's some things to know:

- Of course I want to buy resale and spend as little as possible
- I want annual use and ability to go anytime of the year
- I do NOT anticipate trading in RCI
- I do NOT anticipate going to other HGVC locations
- I want to simply make my reservation with little effort as possible of "working the system"

Thanks for all your help.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to look at the ads right here on tug. Second would be to use either Seth or Judy if they have listings that are competitive, which they generally do. I have purchased both my HGVC timeshares from Judy and was very happy with the transactions.

pacman

Troopers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks pacman.

Can anyone explain why the $10k difference between these two TUG ads?

$29,500

$39,667

Both are for 8400 points. Is one seller not informed about the resale market?

Side note, see my gripe here about this.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks pacman.

Can anyone explain why the $10k difference between these two TUG ads?

$29,500

$39,667

Both are for 8400 points. Is one seller not informed about the resale market?

Side note, see my gripe here about this.

I think it is price expectation of the owner.

FYI on buying:
When I bought my re-sale, I was so excited about how much I was going to save (I rescinded a retail purchase) and the fear of ROFR, that I really did not haggle over the price. i.e I accepted the buyers offer, which came out to be about $2.80/pt vs $5.41/pt retail. However, after reading more in the TUGG BBS, I should have tried to lower the price and take my chances with ROFR. So, my advice is to pick the lowest advertised price and offer a lower price. If accepted, just hope that HGVC is not in a buying mood. If HGVC does buy it, just find another property and do it again.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want a TS in Oahu (specifically Waikiki area) and I've concluded that HGVC is my best option (I couldn't get excited about Wyndham). What is the best way to purchase 8400 pts for a platinum 2 bdrm ocean view unit at HHV?
Judi Kozlowski has an 8400 pt HHV unit on ebay up for auction set to end on August 13th - though there is a reserve.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
I want a TS in Oahu (specifically Waikiki area) and I've concluded that HGVC is my best option (I couldn't get excited about Wyndham). What is the best way to purchase 8400 pts for a platinum 2 bdrm ocean view unit at HHV? Here's some things to know:

- Of course I want to buy resale and spend as little as possible
- I want annual use and ability to go anytime of the year
- I do NOT anticipate trading in RCI
- I do NOT anticipate going to other HGVC locations
- I want to simply make my reservation with little effort as possible of "working the system"

Thanks for all your help.

Call Seth Nock , so both of you can strategize- Hell have the latest a on pricing- right over rOFR

Troopers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judi Kozlowski has an 8400 pt HHV unit on ebay up for auction set to end on August 13th - though there is a reserve.

Thanks but Judi has a listing here on TUG that is priced $10k more than a similar listing. See my post #3. Go figure.