• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ka'anapali Beach Club

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read that a lot of the units were redone recently and that the pool is scheduled for a makeover in 2009. Can anyone verify this. After reading previous post about DRI not being very a good management company when it comes to upgrading (although I read mixed reviews on that) I was surprised that they are undertaking major projects at this time. Does KBC have high maint fees or a special assessment? Thanks

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the lanai's @ KBC have tables and chairs or are they to narrow and only have chairs. When I refer to tables I mean for possible dining on the lanai.

Walt

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 Bedroom lanai is too narrow for a table

Can anyone tell me if the lanai's @ KBC have tables and chairs or are they to narrow and only have chairs. When I refer to tables I mean for possible dining on the lanai.

There are chairs on the lanai. But you don't have a table for dining. The 2 bedroom may be larger but I'm not sure.

Walt :)

lv_maui

Reaction score
Very Small

Most lanai's are so small, I get scared standing on them. There is no chance of having a nice dinner on them. If I had one, I would hug the wall. They are very narrow.

Last edited:

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most lanai's are so small, I get scared standing on them. There is no chance of having a nice dinner on them. If I had one, I would hug the wall. They are very narrow.

Great idea, especially when you are at the Royal Resorts in Mexico. Railing seemed awfully low to me and a few months late, you guessed it, a tourista fell to his death.

I never though of the EVR lanai as narrow.

Sterling

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
They are narrow, but we have nice dinners on ours all of the time ( oh, and breakfast too).
Guess that must depend on how you define nice.

lv_maui

Reaction score
They are narrow, but we have nice dinners on ours all of the time ( oh, and breakfast too).
Guess that must depend on how you define nice.

Sounds like I am the one with the problem with the height. Just my opinion so do not let it concern you.

bestcuts66

Reaction score

We had a 2 BR Suite end unit, that had 5 seperate sliding doors to the lanai. The side had a very large side area with a table, 4 chairs and 2 lounge Chairs, this area could easily host a party of 10-15. The front area was very narrow and did not have room for a table. Enjoy!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Most of the units have the more narrow lanai's that most of the posters have referenced.

Some (but not all) of the 2BR units have the much larger lanais mentioned in the post above, because they are all end corner units with lanais on two sides. I am not sure if there are any 1BR units with the larger lanais.

Jim

qaRuss

TUG Member
Reaction score
pool renovation

I just completed a RCI exchange for this resort today and was advised pool will be closed April thru June. Our stay is first week May and I can live with that. Ocean looks way more appealing.
Construction noise is more of a concern but if too loud, I am just gonna have to find some "quiet" Maui to enjoy.
In Waikiki just a week ago and could not help but notice how tired MOST properties there have become.
Renovation is necessary if TS properties are to retain their attractivness and usefullness.
Hoping reno's here will not inconvience us much, but clearly understand why they need to be done.
And as for timing, with less demand for labor and material, and lower travel loads, this is exactly when prudent managers should renovating, even if there is a additional cost to owners.
Looking forward to visiting this property and the Garden Isle.
Russ