Timeshare Users Group Forums

Timeshare Users Group Forums (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marriott Resort System (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How happy are you with your Marriott ownership? (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69091)

Dave M April 11, 2008 02:06 PM

How happy are you with your Marriott ownership?

Add your vote when the poll opens in a few minutes.

LAX Mom April 11, 2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 505000)
Add your vote when the poll opens in a few minutes.

Just voted! Great poll Dave, I'm very interested to see the results.

LUVourMarriotts April 11, 2008 02:34 PM

I think my username speaks for itself. :D

iconnections April 11, 2008 02:56 PM

I have voted and we are very happy now. I am really curious what the results are but most people here know how to use the system and work it to their advantage. This is great!

Marriott should do this poll with all their customers and see how people feel who have no clue how to use the system. I have to give them credit because they are trying to teach us how to use the system and II when you visit our resort so people can be educated and use it to their advantage too. :) We diddn't attend because we plan on just staying here. We love Maui and all the Hawaiian Islands! :D

laxmom April 11, 2008 04:28 PM

I have to admit that I am happier with my Marriotts post Tug than I was pre-Tug! We were ready to give it back at one point in that first year. I think Marriott should pay for a one year membership to TUG for new owners!!:D

SueDonJ April 11, 2008 04:40 PM

I'm somewhere between the first two choices but voted "very happy". I agree with the others that TUG is an enhancement of Marriott ownership, and maybe that's why I'm very happy despite knowing there may be occasional problems. I'll just come here to get the experts' help figuring out those problems!

Susan

JimC April 12, 2008 12:45 PM

I hold Marriott to a higher standard so not as happy but probably would not abandon MVCI. They have unfulfilled potential yet are still way ahead of most.

Issues that lower my satisfaction:
1. Not as flexible as I would like
2. Nuisance fees to change reservations, lock-off, split, trade for points (not that I pay all of them, but I find them irritating none the less)
3. No true internal trade system (II arrangement is mediocre in my view)
4. Limited functionality of owner web site

What keeps me for now:
1. Consistency in product and staff quality that is sufficient for my enjoyment and provides adequate value for what I am paying
2. Resort locations fit my needs
3. Brand loyalty from the hotel side which gets my business and short stay leisure travel

What would cause me to leave:
1. Fees increasing beyond the utility/value of the experience
2. If staff or resort quality and/or delivery consistency falter
3. Significant adverse program changes

jlee2070 April 14, 2008 02:13 PM

I voted "very" happy with Marriott. My only gripe are the MF's but then again, it's Hawaii so I guess this is typical. Waiohai is such a nice place that I just bite the bullet and keep on rolling... :annoyed:

cp73 April 21, 2008 12:13 AM

Without Tug I never would have purchased one. It was through Tug that I decided it can financially be a good thing with little or no risk.

JimH April 30, 2008 05:52 PM

Love my Marriott, wish I could find an airline that I feel as good about!

gores95 May 7, 2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimH (Post 515329)
Love my Marriott, wish I could find an airline that I feel as good about!

You know so far so good with our Surf Club unit...very happy so far. The only tough thing about TSing is finding a relatively cheap airfare (or frequent flyer mileage availability) to match our weeks. Othere than that we are really pleased.

We could do without all the little fees though........ ;)

mas May 9, 2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gores95 (Post 518973)
You know so far so good with our Surf Club unit...very happy so far. The only tough thing about TSing is finding a relatively cheap airfare (or frequent flyer mileage availability) to match our weeks. Othere than that we are really pleased.

We could do without all the little fees though........ ;)

Your 'finding cheap airfare' comment is interesting. My experience has been airfare to Savannah is cheap. From MSP we can usually find something around $200-$220. Now finding reasonable airfares to Myrtle Beach is another story. Usually the cheapest I can find is in the $400+ range. :mad: :(

Lawlar July 15, 2008 05:28 PM

Accurate Poll

If we really want to know how Marriott owners feel about their TS, then I suggest having Marriott send a letter to all of its owners telling them that they have the opportunity to give up their TS in exchange for a full refund. I suspect that soon afterwards Marriott would have to file for Ch 11.

Needless to say, I give Marriott the lowest rating.

pedro47 July 15, 2008 06:11 PM

We voted very happy. We use our Marriott's T/S for business and very special family occasions.

CatJ114683 July 16, 2008 11:18 AM

We thouroughly enjoy our TS w/ Marriott. We have never had trouble using or trading since we have owned it (2004).

Nsivertsen July 24, 2008 04:37 PM

Just voted. Can't even go there anymore with just my wife. Kids and grandkids love it there. Things we sacrifice for kids. Grand Ocean.
RichS

susiequeve August 9, 2008 02:26 PM

We've had our Marriott Cypress Harbour unit (Sport Week) for 10 years. We absolutely love it there and it trades to Aruba (3x off season) very well. Needless to say, we are very happy owners. :cheer:

islandtropic01 September 3, 2008 10:52 AM

Not Happy with Reservation to Oceanwatch

Sounds like this is a pervasive problem, getting in on high season in MOW. This is my first Marriott TS and it's turning me off in a bad way. For 2 years now, I couldn't stay on my own resort (I'm a Gold owner and wonders if I should've went for Platinum). Does the Platinum owners have the same problem due to the resort's popularity? We tried to get in a few days earlier (I thought we have 13 months advance) and was told it was too early. Tried a few days after and it was already fully booked.

Is it this ridiculous to get in ? I'm also a Disney owner, but I'm not having this same experience. So yea, I'm pretty bummed about this so far. :annoyed:

applegirl October 11, 2008 10:38 AM

I was a bit disenchanted with our Marriott week prior to discovering TUG because I wasn't getting the maximum out of our trading ability due to lack of understanding the ins and outs of exchanging. Since becoming a member of TUG, our enjoyment of our Marriott week has skyrocketed! We feel very confident we can now really use the system to our advantage and have already enjoyed one great trade thanks to all we have learned here on TUG.

We are locking off our unit for next year and are excited to see what trades we can get. This will be the first time we hopefully get two weeks for our one week and are excited at that prospect!

Janna

andypoole October 11, 2008 10:47 AM

The poll currently shows that 87% are happy - i.e. in the first two categories. That's an astonishly high approval rate and certainly has a lot to do with the poll being conducted among Tuggers. But even so...

Tony&Perry October 24, 2008 06:07 PM

Disgusted 6 week MCVI owner

I bought all my weeks through Marriott and feel completely violated by the new program changes. Please remove the Marriott "family" photos from the sales offices and the implicit promise of good american christian values of TRUST which inspired me to buy.

Everyone seems very unhappy. Why didn't Marriott gives us more time to use the points we have been saving? Or start a two tier program to allow us to use "old" points on the original awards and new points in the "improved" program.
At least the airlines did this.......

Zac495 November 17, 2008 06:44 PM

My vote changed so much from 3 months ago when I would have said so very, very happy. Not so anymore.

tompk December 3, 2008 10:52 AM

I'm still happy

I was concerned when I first read of the changes to the points program. I followed Brian's points usage advice and I have since booked a week in London using 150k points and a week in Paris at the Marriott CE using 150k points for next Sept. I have also used 120K miles from a travel package along with 80k miles that I already had and booked 2 business class airline tickets to get us to and from London/Paris. MSRP on the hotel stays and airfare is somewhere a little over $14,000, so I feel like I'm doing ok with my $20,000 outlay to buy Manor Club a year ago and looking forward to a first class trip. Probably be going with 5 night hotel stays under the revised points program and that will probably be ok.

BayAreaRedSoxFan January 17, 2009 12:19 PM

Mad As Hell At Aruba Marriott Ocean Club Mgmt

:mad: I am not happy the way the Marriott Management Team is treating the owners at the Aruba Ocean Club. I am sure you all have seen other posts but the roof, the overall construction and now the huge increase in maintenance fee plus two special assessments means we got burned by dear JW "Bill" Marriott and the once wonderful Marriott Management. Time to sell but who will buy????????

m61376 January 18, 2009 08:06 AM

In response to the previous post- I can certainly understand why Ocean Club owners are very upset; evidently the resort was a renovation of a pre-existing structure and the construction was subpar and owners there are justified in expecting an equitable resolution.

That said, we own at the Surf Club and continue to be very happy with our purchase, and am in the process of adding to our ownership. I still think Marriott offers the most bang for the buck, so to speak- quality, diversity, flexibility and ease of use (with a bit of Tug's help on the learning curve there ;) ). I have and will continue to recommend it to friends.