• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Revolution System for NEW Reservations

amtuguser

Reaction score
Tried to make a new reservation today. Classic system is gone.

Only Revolution.

Revolution is a horrible reservation system compared to Classic.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG, you're right! I've already sent in my letter of protest, for what little good it will do. I encourage others to do the same. What more can we do? :crash:

Occupy Hilton! :mad:

-Bob

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The real problem with Revolution is that by the time it loads and you find availability at a limited-availability resort, go through the checkout process and confirm, the reservation availability is gone. In my experience, Revolution will show the error, but not tell you what days are no longer available. It also takes time for Revolution to show the availability is gone even on a reload, so you get to spend time reloading revolution to find what days are truly available, but in that case, I've also gone through the process again to find yet another day has been taken.

Revolution is truly awful in this regard. For regular resorts with tons of availability it'll work fine.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Sent in a note

Used the contact link.

amtuguser

Reaction score
Classic also showed more rooms available that Revolution does.

Hilton doesn't care what we want or what is best for owners. Hilton only cares about making money.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Classic also showed more rooms available that Revolution does.

Hilton doesn't care what we want or what is best for owners. Hilton only cares about making money.
How, exactly, does this make Hilton more money? :confused:

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

I'm guessing Revolution cost them a small fortune. It's a nice whiz-bang if they were to show it in a sales presentation, but I can't imagine someone being less likely to buy based on the reservation system appearance at a presentation. I'd agree it's not a money-maker and I'm baffled that they'd remove the classic system running concurrently with it since Revoluton prevents users of prolific mobile devices from booking online.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I, too, sent a protest letter. I'm expecting a canned reply that won't say anything, but maybe if enough people object to Revolution they will bring back Classic.

amtuguser

Reaction score

I think the confusion is I did not say Hilton would make more money from the lousy Revolution reservation system.

I said Hilton doesn't care what we want or what is best for owners. Hilton only cares about making money, and I stilll believe that is true.

If Hilton cared what was best for us or what owners wanted then Classic would still be available for changing and making new reservations and Hilton would develop a resort in a site other than Orlando, Las Vegas or Oahu.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Hilton will chalk up our objections to a few disgruntled malcontents, stuck in the past and unwilling to accept change, rather than admit that they've got a crappy product on their hands. They prolly think that the static from the "little people" will pass and we'll "get used to it."

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Time for a Coordinated Effort to SAVE THE CLASSIC RESERVATION SYSTEM!!

Let's hope the Classic Reservation System was taken away by accident but if not, then it's time for the coordinated effort.
We'll only be successful if we work together :)

But please remember to be courteous (no one wants to talk to an insulting or crazy person).
Basically explain the issue (without going into a rant) and your expect outcome.

We need to organize our thoughts and stick to the facts.
(1) Why do you feel that the Classic system must remain?
(2) What has been your experience with the Revolution Reservation System? Be specific.
(3) What exactly don't you like about the Revolution Reservation system?
(4) What changes must occur in the Revolution System before the Classic system can ever go away?

Keep in mind that...
(a) If the Revolution Reservation system was the primary portal to book hilton hotel rooms, customers would simply choose somewhere else to stay because it's cumbersome to use. Why should we be forced to use an inferior system?
(b) Without logging in, you can quickly get to the hgvc.com site
(c) Without logging in, you can quickly get to the Explore Resort Section off the hgvc.com main site and see a description, photos, floorplans. point charts - http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/Resorts.aspx#details/index&resortId=59&backFunctionality=0

Here's a suggestion for a plan of action....

week of April 15 (week #1) - send emails to HGVC contact at input@hgvc.com

week of April 22 (week #2) - send emails or letters to both the President and the Senior Vice President of HGVC

Mark Wang
President

mwang@hgvc.com
http://portal.arda.org/content/directory/page/0031300.pdf

Kim Robert Kreiger
Senior Vice President, Club and Resorts

kkreiger@hgvc.com
http://portal.arda.org/app/directory/index.cfm?dir=Chairman&id=0031300&pid=1304351

Hilton Grand Vacations Company, LLC
5323 Millenia Lakes Boulevard
Suite 400
Orlando, FL 32839

week of April 29 (week #3) - post comments on facebook & twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/hiltongrandvac
www.facebook.com/HiltonGrandVacations

week of May 6 (week #4) - find a public survey or voting sites to air our displeasure.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Revolution System Compiles all Info each Time

I have complained to Hilton about the slowness of the Revolution System since it compiles all the availability for 365 days for all the resorts for each member since ownership privileges change for each individual every time a new reservation or change reservation is accessed. They say they are working on a solution. The Classic system on compiled the information for one resort for a brief period so it was much speedier.

I believe we all should complain about the slowness due to the excess compiling which slows the system down.

I have called at least 5 times and written 4 e-mails already and will continue to complain as I did yesterday and again today until I am satisfied.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hilton Resorts in other places

I think the confusion is I did not say Hilton would make more money from the lousy Revolution reservation system.

I said Hilton doesn't care what we want or what is best for owners. Hilton only cares about making money, and I stilll believe that is true.

If Hilton cared what was best for us or what owners wanted then Classic would still be available for changing and making new reservations and Hilton would develop a resort in a site other than Orlando, Las Vegas or Oahu.

I know that there are not Hilton resorts in that many places, however, you exaggerate that they are only in O, LV, and Oahu. They are also in South Beach, South Carolina, San Diego, Colorado, Portugal, Scotland and NYC.

amtuguser

Reaction score
I know that there are not Hilton resorts in that many places, however, you exaggerate that they are only in O, LV, and Oahu. They are also in South Beach, South Carolina, San Diego, Colorado, Portugal, Scotland and NYC.

Hilton has plans for 3 new towers in Oahu.

Two in HHV:

Star Advertiser
City approves permit for Hilton Hawaiian Village expansion
By Star-Advertiser staff
POSTED: 12:39 p.m. HST, Dec 07, 2011
The City Council today approved permit requests for the $760 million expansion of the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
The special management and planned development-resort permits for the expansion project both were approved unanimously over objections raised by a family that leases a portion of the land under the Diamond Head Tower to Hilton.
The Mun family says its property was included as part of the project without its approval, attorney Cal Chipchase IV said. He sought a deferral of the permits to give the parties more time to settle issues related to the Muns' access to their property, which they contend would be affected by the development.
Councilman Ikaika Anderson, the Council's Zoning Committee chairman, urged the parties to continue working on an agreement as the project moves forward. Chipchase said he would discuss the matter with his clients to see how they would like to proceed.
The expansion would add 550 time-share units, swimming pools, parking and expanded retail space to the Hilton's 22-acre resort, which consists of seven hotel and time-share towers.

And one off property location.http://www.loyaltyhacker.com/timeshares/hilton-grand-vacations/hgvc-expansion-adds-off-beach-oahu-hawaii-resort/

They just expanded in Las Vegas where there are plenty of rooms most of the year.

NYC has limited rooms and difficult reservation requirements.

I believe Scotland has limited rooms too.

Where else is Hilton expanding or adding Resorts to improve the portfolio?

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Alwysonvac, I like your specific call to action.

Before I wrote my e-mail the other day, I timed the Revolution loading while in an HGVC unit--11 minutes--and mentioned that. I also said I could complete a reservation in the Classic system in less time than it takes for Revolution to load.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I, too, sent a protest letter. I'm expecting a canned reply that won't say anything, but maybe if enough people object to Revolution they will bring back Classic.

More power to you if you get a reply. I emailed when the change system wasn't working and received no response. It's been a couple weeks.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yep. I got up early while on vacation to Disneyland last November, while my wife and granddaughter slept, just to book the moment it was open, at the 9 month window, for this August. I managed to find 5 days in Craigendarroch, but it wasn't easy.

- It was for 5 days, not 7 that I wanted
- In a 1BR, whereas I wanted a 2 or 3 (I knew 3 was a long shot)
- A few days later in my vacation than I had hoped
- I did get Craigendarroch, which was my first choice. But I had the agent check the other two for my preferred parameters. The others had nothing whatsoever.

Of course, August is when everyone in Europe and Britain goes on vacation. But I'd call that limited availability :rolleyes:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Alwysonvac, I like your specific call to action.

Before I wrote my e-mail the other day, I timed the Revolution loading while in an HGVC unit--11 minutes--and mentioned that. I also said I could complete a reservation in the Classic system in less time than it takes for Revolution to load.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing about documenting the Revolution loading time. I'm planning to document my speed first through speedtest.net then launch the Revolution system and document how long it takes to load using IE8.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Someone mentioned in the other thread about Revolution that it doesn't work on an iPad, which also means it doesn't work on iPhones--another point to make when writing/talking to customer service.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton is Expanding in South Beach and I love Waikiki

Hilton has plans for 3 new towers in Oahu.

Two in HHV:

Star Advertiser
City approves permit for Hilton Hawaiian Village expansion
By Star-Advertiser staff
POSTED: 12:39 p.m. HST, Dec 07, 2011
The City Council today approved permit requests for the $760 million expansion of the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
The special management and planned development-resort permits for the expansion project both were approved unanimously over objections raised by a family that leases a portion of the land under the Diamond Head Tower to Hilton.
The Mun family says its property was included as part of the project without its approval, attorney Cal Chipchase IV said. He sought a deferral of the permits to give the parties more time to settle issues related to the Muns' access to their property, which they contend would be affected by the development.
Councilman Ikaika Anderson, the Council's Zoning Committee chairman, urged the parties to continue working on an agreement as the project moves forward. Chipchase said he would discuss the matter with his clients to see how they would like to proceed.
The expansion would add 550 time-share units, swimming pools, parking and expanded retail space to the Hilton's 22-acre resort, which consists of seven hotel and time-share towers.

And one off property location.http://www.loyaltyhacker.com/timeshares/hilton-grand-vacations/hgvc-expansion-adds-off-beach-oahu-hawaii-resort/

They just expanded in Las Vegas where there are plenty of rooms most of the year.

NYC has limited rooms and difficult reservation requirements.

Where else is Hilton expanding or adding Resorts to improve the portfolio?

Hilton will be expanding its 2 building South Beach location to 3 buildings on Ocean Drive. This resort is difficult to get into at times.

I love Waikiki, and the lack of availability there versus the rest of the Hilton resorts makes it essential that they have more expansion there. I bet they could fill 10 more buildings in Waikiki. I agree with you that more Vegas and Orlando is not a good investment. They should expand other places rather than those two.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton's Response

Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to express your frustration with the
online Club Member reservation system. Our technical team is currently
upgrading the performance of the Revolution booking engine - and we are
launching a much faster reservation experience next week.

It is never our intention to frustrate our Club Members. In fact, it
was our pursuit of showing all available units at all Club properties
that inadvertently created the slow-down of our system's performance.
We are recalibrating our data format now to greatly reduce the waiting
time for available accommodations to be displayed.

On March 15, 2012 federally mandated ADA requirements took effect,
necessitating our compliance with enhanced disclosure and communication
policies. Unfortunately, our Classic reservation system did not support
the required disclosures, nor did it allow reservations to be
"changeable". Both of these factors prompted us to phase out the
Classic reservation system.

We are actively improving our technology resources to better support the
needs of Club Members like you. We agree with your observation that we
can improve our online experience and we are committed to doing so as
quickly and efficiently as possible. In the meantime, if our service
team may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Thank you,

Rafael Faria
Supervisor, Owner and Call Center Services
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
6355 MetroWest Blvd. STE 180
Orlando, FL 32835

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Their trashing of Classic is, IMHO, not worth the bandwidth with which it was transmitted.
As for their promises: "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote.

HatTrick

Reaction score
Unfortunately, our Classic reservation system did not... allow reservations to be "changeable".

"So all those reservations you thought you changed using Classic? You were only dreaming..."

most-interesting-man-240.jpg

Stay gullible, my friends.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks Blues :)

Here's what I found on the ADA site

From http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/factsheets/title3_factsheet.html

Fact Sheet: Highlights of the Final Rule to Amend the Department of Justice's Regulation Implementing Title III of the ADA

8. Reservations Made by Places of Lodging. The rule establishes requirements for reservations made by places of lodging, including procedures that will allow individuals with disabilities to make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as other guests, and requirements that will require places of lodging to identify and describe accessible features of a guest room, to hold back the accessible guest rooms for people with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented, and to ensure that a reserved accessible guest room is removed from all reservations systems so that it is not inadvertently released to someone other than the person who reserved the accessible room. The final rule limits the obligations of third-party reservation operators that do not themselves own and operate places of lodging. In addition, to allow the hospitality industry appropriate time to change reservation systems, the final rule gives places of lodging 18 months from the publication date, September 15, 2010, to come into compliance with these requirements.

9. Timeshares, Condominium Hotels, and Other Places of Lodging. The rule provides that timeshare and condominium properties that operate like hotels are subject to title III. The rule also provides guidance about the factors that must be present for a facility that is not an inn, motel, or hotel to qualify as a place of lodging. The final rule limits obligations for units that are not owned or substantially controlled by a public accommodation that operates a place of lodging. Such units are not subject to reservation requirements relating to the "holding back" of accessible units nor are they subject to the rule's barrier removal and alterations requirements if the physical features of the guest room interiors are controlled by their individual owners rather than by a third party operator.

For more information: Copies of the title III rule, the 2010 Standards, and this Fact Sheet are available in an accessible electronic format on the Internet at http://www.ada.gov. For additional information or to order print copies of these documents, call the ADA Information Line (800) 514-0301 (voice) or (800) 514-0383 (TTY). Copies of this notice will be available in accessible formats.