The normal registration process is this:
- You enter your registration information on the board
- The bbs sends you an email which includes a URL for you to go to in order to activate your registration.
- You go to that URL and your registration is automatically activated.
A similar process is followed when you update the email address in your profile.
Obviously, if you don't receive the email in step two, everything comes to a screeching halt.
If you have
received this email but are having problems activating your registration, please see the thread covering this (click here
OK, since you're still here, we'll assume you have not received the activation email.
- Be sure you have the correct email address in your bbs profile. Typographical errors when entering the email address are a common cause of delivery failure.
To check or change the email address for your BBS registration:
- Be sure you have logged on with the username and password you selected when you registered. If you see a box in the upper right corner of this page that welcomes you by name, you are logged on. If instead you see fields for entering your username and password, you are NOT logged on.
- Click on the User CP (User Control Panel) link in the blue bar near the top of the page.
- Click on the "Edit password and email" link. If changing your email address continue with the remaining steps:
- Enter your new email address in both email spaces, then press "Save changes".
- The bbs will then send a new activation email to the new address.
You can later change the address back after you get registered, via the same process. We would suggest NOT changing back to the problem email address, though, until you have resolved the problems that are preventing email from tugbbs.com from getting through.
- If you are using an email blocker, please be sure it is configured to receive mail from email@example.com.
- If your system places suspected junk mail into a different folder be sure you check there for this email. Your system may have erroneously classified this email as junk.
You can have the bbs send you a new registration activation email to you by going to www.tugbbs.com/forums/register.php?do=requestemail
and entering the same email address you entered when you registered (or subsequently updated). This new message will invalidate the codes in your previous message, so if you find you have more than one copy, use the latest one. This can ONLY be sent to the address currently entered in your bbs profile
If you continue to have problems receiving email from this bbs, please see the suggestions in this message