• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help!

babscarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted a variation of this on the Florida Forum as I didn't look around first.

Our TS is VV at Bonaventure, week 14, Annual, 2 Bedroom lockout etc, bought in 1997 for 12,000.

Went back to them for the first time this past week. Took the bait at the sales pitch:

Switch from week to 39,500 points for 4995.00

or option B, which I fell for (as I'm feeling at the moment);

Signed Quit Claim deed on the above and purchased Week 31 at VV at Parkway for 6,990.00 with a 869.00 down payment. 92,500 points.

We usually exchange our week and also gift a week every year. We haven't really had a problem with this and have enjoyed the places we went.

I really liked how the point system sounded, the ability to go for a four Day weekend etc., but have I made a mistake? According the the paperwork I have 10 days to rescind.

All answers appreciated!

Barbara :eek:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Rescinda-Sinda-Sinda.

All answers appreciated!
I'm pretty sure you'll be happier -- not to mention many dollars & cents ahead -- if you rescind your full-freight purchase & buy exactly the same thing or approximately the same thing or an approximate equivalent of the same thing for thousands less on the resale market.

We love Vacation Village At Parkway -- the 1st (modern era) timeshare we toured, & the 1 that actually got us interested in owning a timeshare. But it was the billboard we noticed while driving back to our dinky motel after the tour that opened our eyes. It said...

TIMESHARES
BUY RESALE
SAVE THOUSANDS

So we did. And we did. And the rest is history.

We stayed at Vacation Village At Parkway January 2006 on RCI Last Call for $149 -- Last Call rates have gone up somewhat since. Had a wonderful time.

After we bought a resale timeshare, we bought another 1. Then we wanted to get into points, so we bought into RCI Points resale. To date, we have about $5,500 tied up in our 4 timeshares. And we're far from the sharpest hoes in the TUG toolshed. However that may be, our complete timeshare story is right here. Go thou & do likewise -- or go thou & do something completely different. But do heed The Wisdom Of TUG (& of that billboard) -- buy resale.

Good luck. And be sure to tell us how it all turns out.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

babscarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your responce. I'm going to rescind, donate my VV@B week to a charity, and vacation vicariously with my RCI membership. Then I'm going to watch E-Bay and purchase something with points later down the road.

And read on this site to continue my TS education. Wow, I have learned so much in just two days....

Barbara

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can get about 100,000 RCI points for $770 or so annual plus a setup fee. There's an ad for it on timeshareforums and you can probably find the same ad here or a reference to it.

If I were going to try RCI Points that's what I'd do.

Stan

BKnTsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your responce. I'm going to rescind, donate my VV@B week to a charity, and vacation vicariously with my RCI membership. Then I'm going to watch E-Bay and purchase something with points later down the road.

Good idea. I bought my points on ebay ... week 9 at VV@B. 2br lockoff. It ties to 75,000 points and it cost me $1,900. What they were offering you was way too much cash for not enough points.