• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Picture of the Day (Dial-up internet users enter at own risk!)

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know there are some great TUG photographers out there. I thought it would be neat to see some of your favorite vacation photos and start a thread where we could post only one picture a day. They do this on another board I belong to and it is very fun to see what other people have seen and done. :D

Here is my POTD- Drummers in Japan at Epcot's World Showcase.

12-26-2007-33.jpg

Last edited:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed looking at yours. But I don't know how to put pictures in a post and mine are not of timeshares, anyway. They would be of Moab--or Disney when the kids were little.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rose....but alas, I too don't know how to put pictures in the post.

I have tried before, but haven't had any success.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread somewhere about how to post pics....

anyway...ill give a 10 cent version =)

basically you first have to find somewhere to "host" the picture for you.

a variety of sites will provide this for you...some at minimal cost...some at no cost

examples are imageshack, photobucket, flickr etc etc.

also aol has their FTP service for free with membership (and membership is free also)...but the interface there is clunky and such.

anyway...once you find a host to upload your picture to...you simply use the little square yellow icon at the top of the post box to paste the address into.

for example if you look at tugs homepage http://www.tug2.net

the TUG logo in the top left hand corner is merely a single image.

that image address is http://tug2.net/images/tuglogo3.gif

(this will show up as a link above...as I have not chosen to click the yellow box to indicate its a picture)

now with using the same link and putting the proper image tags around it...it will show as a picture. these tags are [img.]http://tug2.net/images/tuglogo3.gif[/img.]

i have added periods so the code shows up....if the periods were missing obviously it would not be displayed that way

so when I remove the periods...it looks like this

tuglogo3.gif

clicking the yellow box brings up a new window in which you can type in the address and it will put the IMG tags around it for you...or you can simply just type them in yourself.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
man...last trip I took that I got a decent photo of was a contracting gig in houston before I took over tug.

fantastic shot of traffic...I had never seen 14 lanes of dead stop traffic before!

houstontraffic.jpg

sorry its not a pretty vacation type pic =D

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the sky is very blue. :D

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This picture is an old one, obviously by the date, but it is still a great vacation memory. It is of the Grand Tetons out side of Jackson Hole.

DSC00194.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you been to Los Angels lately?!?!:D

ha...no!

My only california gig was in salinas....fantastic little city there! although flying back and forth between jax and san jose every week for 6 months was really brutal on my sleep patterns!

I havent seen traffic as bad as houston since I lived in DC!

and excellent pic! it works!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also if you wish to post a pic and dont care to sign up for one of those service...email the pic to me at tug@tug2.net and ill host it for you.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Moonrise over Solmar Beach - Cabo San Lucas

IM001166.JPG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
guess comcast doesnt allow remote linking anymore...pic only shows up when you cut/paste the link into a browswer window.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
guess comcast doesnt allow remote linking anymore...pic only shows up when you cut/paste the link into a browswer window.

Are you saying the Moonrise pic I posted doesn't show up in your browser??

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is the easiest way I have found to post pic's.

If you have your pics on a disk, or on your computer go to http://photobucket.com/ you will have to join but there is no fee.

Upload some pics.

Once uploaded you will have a selection of choices in Photobucket. For TUG click on "Direct Link" this will copy info.

Once you are back in TUG click on the Insert Image (the one that looks like a postcard with a mountain on it below the redo arrow)

A box will pop up. Use your back up key to erase the http that it has already started. (Your direct link will already have that in it.) Right click to paste your Direct Link info and then click OK.

That's it! It really is pretty simple.
Have fun whether pic's are old or new they are fun to share.

Theresa

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

No it doesn't appear. It shows only a box with a red X in it.

Looks to me like a browser issue. Using two different computers, the photo appears in Firefox, but does not appear in Internet Explorer.

Anybody using Firefox, but not seeing my photo of Moonrise over Solmar Beach?

Here it is on Picasa - see if that works.
IM001166.JPG

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This picture is an old one, obviously by the date, but it is still a great vacation memory. It is of the Grand Tetons out side of Jackson Hole.

Your photo makes it easy to understand why the old French fur traders gave the mountains that name! :D

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve - I see your picture - It is fabulous.

Theresa - I don't see any pictures you have posted but if you are using photobucket, they are blocked by a filter on our network.

Houston is just the way I remember it.