• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

has anyone heard of timesharerelief

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I went to a meeting of timesharerelief this weekend. They wanted us to pay about $3000 to buy our deed. Is this legit? Please give me some info on this.:shrug:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The Feeling Of Relief ---- Notttttt !

My husband and I went to a meeting of timesharerelief this weekend. They wanted us to pay about $3000 to buy our deed. Is this legit? Please give me some info on this.
Click here for a "relief" nightmare scenario that you won't want to get tangled up in.

Forewarned is forearmed.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you have the time read through the following posts regarding them and others that want money up front:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1706585

You do not want to give any one money up front to "help" you sell your time share.

Read msg on this board and the one I posted, plus of course the sticky at the top of this forum for answers to your questions.

[Moosie tried to post a link to a search for you, but unfortunately that doesn't work. To search for more posts about this company, click on Search this Forum and put Timeshare Relief in the box. - DeniseM Moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

Paying someone to take your timeshare off your hands, or paying a large upfront fee to an agent to sell your timeshare is not recommended here. There are other ways to get rid of your timeshare that you should consider first.

Please do some research here before you make a decision - Start with the article at the top of the board entitled, "How to Sell Your Timeshare." It also talks about giving away your timeshare, donating your timeshare, and scams to avoid.

Last edited:

jemmielou

TUG Member
Reaction score
timeshare relief

thanks. We did not bite. just wondered if any of you had heard of them. they say they have a company that takes them and rents them out for vip for conventions, etc.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, we have heard of them - To read more posts about this company, click on Search this Forum and put Timeshare Relief in the box.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
thanks. We did not bite. just wondered if any of you had heard of them. they say they have a company that takes them and rents them out for vip for conventions, etc.

They sell the weeks on eBay, and if they told the people that, they would do it themselves, so they have to make up some story as to what they do with them. :rolleyes:

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Post Card Companies are scam artists. Anyone who gets one of their postcards should notify the state Real Estate Commission and state AG's Consumer Protection Division and refer them to the appropriate threads on this site so that they get the background on what is going on. Book 'em, Dano!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Were Their Lips Moving ?

they say they have a company that takes them and rents them out for vip for conventions, etc.
That sounds totally bogus.

That would mean they'd have to put themselves on the hook for paying the ongoing fees for the timeshare weeks they take over, keeping track of the floating weeks or fixed weeks or both, managing "VIP conventional" rentals, etc..

All they do is just dump'm on eBay.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

VIPs for conventions almost never stay in an off-site location. If the conference or convention is at a hotel, they stay in the hotel. If the event is at a conference center, they stay one of the conference hotels. All significant business events held at convention centers have official conference hotels - no event planner would ever organize a business conference without creating "conference hotels" at which blocks of rooms are set aside for conference attendees at reduced rates.

The reason is simple. VIPs go to the conference for visibility. Staying in an off-site, unofficial location hurts their visibility. The VIP gets the best suite in the best conference hotel, but the VIP is always on site.

Now, when I have conferences in an area that has timeshares I sometimes try to stay on a local timeshare. But I do so only on a very limited basis. Most of the time when I'm at a conference I need to be accessible to clients and prospects. If they don't have my phone number, they need to be able to call up my room to reach me. If I stay off-site, they can't do that.

I don't want to lose business just because someone can't reach my hotel room. The same principles apply at virtually all business conferences.

There is no market for renting timeshares to business travelers attending conferences. None. It's all a BS story concocted as a canned response to that particular question. It also works because it flatters the listener about the quality of the timeshare they own. "Hey, my unit is so nice that it's in demand from bigwig VIPs."

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Throwing good money after bad by paying $3K to unload a timeshare doesn't spell "Relief"...it's more like a sick feeling in the stomach.