• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official: SVR Falls and Springs will be invited to join SVN

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
The SVO newsletter received today "Owner Newsletter: Celebrate Your Romance in February and Beyond" has a link to "Enhancing Your Next Orlando Vacation at Sheraton Vistana Resort":

https://www.mystarcentral.com/newsl...IM=enews_email{AFF}_v3_i1_orlandovillarefurbs

which at the bottom says:

Perhaps most exciting, once the renovations are complete, Home Resort Owners in the Falls and Springs phases will be invited to join Starwood Vacation Network(SM) , a unique travel program that vastly expands your choice of vacation options by offering you the ability to travel to other Starwood Vacation Ownership resorts or exchange into one of more than 2,200 resorts across the globe. Owners of the Lakes, Fountains and Fountains II phases of Sheraton Vistana Resort recently were invited to join as well.

"Owners aren't just getting a new villa," added Shawn, "they are getting the chance to travel and enjoy a better way to see the world, literally."

But still no official "cut off date" for resale owners or info if resale owners can join at all....

Does anyone know more details?

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
UGH! I want dates!!!!!!!!!! WHat are they thinking? K

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Patience, grasshopper.

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
quoting mystarcentral.com (MSC) . . . .

Perhaps most exciting, once the renovations are complete, Home Resort Owners in the Falls and Springs phases will be invited to join Starwood Vacation Network(SM) , a unique travel program that vastly expands your choice of vacation options by offering you the ability to travel to other Starwood Vacation Ownership resorts or exchange into one of more than 2,200 resorts across the globe. Owners of the Lakes, Fountains and Fountains II phases of Sheraton Vistana Resort recently were invited to join as well.

This pretty much says the same thing that SVO told Redweek, except SVO had the courtesy to give Redweek, and not us owners using MSC, an actual cut-off date. SVO has also apparently used classic silence on MSC to let all Cascades and Lakes resale owners know they are still screwed even after they pay for their massive special assessments at VR. Again, SVO was more direct when it informed Redweek.

I don't think we can view this latest posting from SVO as a change in the "resale owner before Jan 1, 2008" cut-off date . . . . yet.

-nodge

On the plus side, I do like seeing SVO starting to post useful owner info on MSC. It has pretty much always been the equivalent of "Soviet Life" during the cold war. Hey MSC editors, let me know if you would like me to write-up a weekly column or two for MSC's bold move towards a free press. I'm here to help. -n

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I would pay for MSC if nodge were allowed to write a weekly column. I can see it now - with some shadowy figure in a 'Dear Abby' style.

Dear nodge -
I just came back from a SVO Timeshare presentation, and {enter random piece of misinformation}? Is this true?
Signed,
More confused than ever

or...

Dear nodge -
I just heard that SVO just hired their 45th VP - this time in charge of 'good resort experience' - how does one qualify for this position?
Signed,
VP of SVO's 'good time division'

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I don't think we can view this latest posting from SVO as a change in the "resale owner before Jan 1, 2008" cut-off date . . . . yet."

-nodge

I have interpreted Starwoods invitation to join SVN as something they made avaliable to owners who paid the special assessment regardless of what phase they were in. If they sold off their unit after the assessment was paid and a particular date the new owner could not qualify for SVN.

Nodge, you put the word "yet" at the end of part of your post about resale owners and cut-off dates. Why? It sounds like you are implying that Starwood might change their position regarding resale owners and SVN.

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nodge, you put the word "yet" at the end of part of your post about resale owners and cut-off dates. Why? It sounds like you are implying that Starwood might change their position regarding resale owners and SVN.

Gentle Reader:

I think SVO is trying to be the tail wagging the dog on this issue. Here is a link to more discussion regarding my theory. (Start at post no. 66)

SVO pulled that January 1, 2008 (which was March 31, 2008 when we discussed it in that linked post) date out of the thin air surrounding its big ol’ pile of useless VP’s, and if someone pokes that pile with the right stick, or more likely, finds the magic documents that preclude it from establishing a cut-off date like it has done, that date will either change or go away altogether.

Until then, January 1, 2008 is here to stay no matter when SVO imposed its massive special assessment at a particular pre-Starwood VR phase, and no matter when a resale owner of a pre-Starwood VR phase coughs up enough cash or blood to pay it.

-Nodge Landers

(MSC Editors. I know that my input above wasn't nearly as informative or helpful as your latest MSC Article "5 Ways to Keep Your New Year's Resolution on Vaction" with its innovative tips like "use the fitness center" and "give up smoking," (For you non-MSC readers, this is a real MSC article currently featured on MSC), but maybe, just maybe, I can bring something to the MSC propaganda, er, news team. -n)

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
All Hail King Nodge the advice column dude!

If anyone sees any dates (as previously requested) or SO values please post here ASAP. Thanks.

I am curious/would like to know if they are going with a standard SO # for these Springs and Falls units (ie 81000) or if they are going to do the devalued 76,000 (outbound) like they did for Fountains II. AND if the outbound credit to the owner and the inbound charge to the exchanger are going to be the same, or if SVO is going to skim off the top again like Cascades and Fountains?!?!?:annoyed:

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that it will be like Fountains I & II and Lakes & Cascades - 76,000 SO's.

-tim

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
But Fountains I, II and Lakes where floating weeks with the seasons overlapping with the Staroptions-chart seasons at SVR, perhaps that is the reason why they gave everyone 76,000

Falls and Springs are fixed weeks, so they could give everyone SOs according to which StarOptions-chart season their week is.

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
I posed the question of a cut off date to the message center at MSC and got a reply that "We have not yet announced that the Falls and Springs will be invited into SVN...":wall:

I replied with reference to the article in the owners newsletter and asked them to confirm with their supervisor or manager and to reply with the cut off date.:crash:

I will let you know what happens...stay tuned!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I posed the question of a cut off date to the message center at MSC and got a reply that "We have not yet announced that the Falls and Springs will be invited into SVN...I replied with reference to the article in the owners newsletter and asked them to confirm with their supervisor or manager and to reply with the cut off date.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Perhaps I should send a note to Starwood's VP of Strategic Technology suggesting that they use a newfangled approach to communicate amongst themselves. It's called "e-mail." That stands for electronic mail.

Of course, that would require them to upgrade their Commodore 64s....

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Perhaps I should send a note to Starwood's VP of Strategic Technology suggesting that they use a newfangled approach to communicate amongst themselves. It's called "e-mail." That stands for electronic mail.

Of course, that would require them to upgrade their Commodore 64s....

:hysterical: :rofl:

On a positive note, I was pulling my 4* weight around the other day and waitlisted for a WKORV week for March with Saturday check in. A week later, I got a call from SVN that the week was available and did I want to take it!! I was soooooo impressed. I almost fell off my chair. So I am pleased. :)

Katherine

hacker0124

Reaction score
ahhhh...when cooking up ideas, only a dash of cynicism is most appropriate, but tablespoons of butter and honey will leave the best aftertaste!!?

As a newbie, I must admit I am surprised at the lack of "love" for Starwood.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
love the starwood resorts (we own 5 EY SVO VOIs and 1 EOY SVO VOI) - of course it is easy to love these VOIs when they are WSJ, WKORV OF, WKV platinum, and (hopefully) WPORV

the lack of love is for starwood administration and MFs that seem to rise faster than any economic indicator w/o transparency or true participation of HOAs... (and their sucky database and associated software...)

sorry - "Homey ain't playing that game no more..."

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
:hysterical: :rofl:

On a positive note, I was pulling my 4* weight around the other day and waitlisted for a WKORV week for March with Saturday check in. A week later, I got a call from SVN that the week was available and did I want to take it!! I was soooooo impressed. I almost fell off my chair. So I am pleased. :)

Katherine

So are you going to Hawaii in March and then Cancun in April? When are you going to swim in your new pool? :whoopie:

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
. . . the lack of love is for starwood administration and MFs that seem to rise faster than any economic indicator w/o transparency or true participation of HOAs...

I don't know why everyone keeps complaining about lack of transparency with SVO. For example, right there on the home page of this month's MSC is a featured article titled “Everything you wanted to know about the Sheraton Vistana Resort Refurbishment.”

If you click on that teaser link, you get this helpful text:

As standards are elevated to meet modern expectations through a major refurbishment, Owners will enjoy a superior vacation experience and increased trading power. Completed villas will boast exciting new features like granite countertops, brand new kitchen cabinets, state-of-the-art appliances and more.

"I believe you've got to maintain the resort and a person's investment in their unit," said Brian Bourbeau of Canada, a Springs phase board member and 18-year multiple villa Owner. "It's a home away from home and we should continue to make it feel that way."

As if that info weren't enough, you are also then offered another link for “’frequently asked questions’ for your phase.”

Nevermind that it never asks you what phase you own, because SVO already knows THE most frequently asked question regarding the VR refurbishment, and if you click on that FAQ link you get . . . .

. . . and I'm not making this up. . . ..

The number one most frequently asked question regarding the VR Refurbishment according to SVO on MSC is (drum-roll please) . . . .

"Can I request a Kosher package?"

How did they know that was MY first question too!?! It's like they can read my mind.

None of the other listed answers to the "FAQ's" give ANY info on the VR refurbishment either.

Well apparently the details of the VR refurbishment are hiding in a Kosher deli somewhere . . . ..

This is nodge reporting live from the MSC "TEAM SVO" newscopter. Now back to you "Mo" in the MSC newsroom. (See MSC editors, I can do "man on the street" reporting too)

-nodge

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
"Can I request a Kosher package?"
-nodge

Does this mean there will now be 2 sets of dishes in each villa? And 2 dishwashers? I can't read Hebrew! I know I'll mess up and put my cheeseburger on the wrong plate! No, wait, a cheeseburger would be wrong on both plates! :eek: Help!

--clsmit, who is not Jewish and would be mortified if she went to a Kosher house and did something wrong with the dishes/silverware/dishwashers. The DD babysits for a Kosher family and only drinks water or brings her own food just to be sure. But I totally understand that this is a valid question, if not the most frequent one.

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
I posed the question of a cut off date to the message center at MSC and got a reply that "We have not yet announced that the Falls and Springs will be invited into SVN...":wall:

I replied with reference to the article in the owners newsletter and asked them to confirm with their supervisor or manager and to reply with the cut off date.:crash:

I will let you know what happens...stay tuned!

OK HERE IT IS!!!!!! DRUM ROLL PLEASE..........

Thank you for contacting Sheraton Vacation Ownership.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion our previous reply may have caused you, although we appreciate your enthusiasm regarding this offer. Unfortunately a specific purchase cut off date to secure eligibility in this potential enrollment offer has not been determined at this time. This enrollment is directly associated with the scheduled refurbishment project completion, which is anticipated to be Summer 2009. Since construction timelines are subject to change, it will not be prudent to quote any specific dates related to this offer at this time.

Please know that we anticipate to utilize several means of communication when this offer and all associated timelines have been finalized. However, we see that you do not currently own a villa in either of these sections. Therefore, we encourage you to review the "A Better Way To See The World" newsletter often for more information pertaining to this potential offer. [WHAT COMMUNICATION???? NOVEL CONCEPT!!!!!:ignore: ]

We hope this information was helpful. Should you need further assistance, please contact Owner Services at: [CORPORATE RUNAROUNDS R US]:wall:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually this is really good news since that Redweek letter was circulating that they would make the cutoff all the way in 2007!! Now that would be rediculous and unfair since it was 2008 owners and beyond who paid that bonus fee of $1200 to $1500 to refurbish the units.

I guess we just have to wait and see. I hope someone at corporate realizes what an incredibly huge stab in the back it would be to exclude owners who were stuck paying the refurb fees.

Katherine

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
This is what I got from the message center at MSC today:

Upon the completion of the renovation project of the Falls and Springs phases at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, owners will be invited to join the Starwood Vacation Network. This invitation will be extended to owners who have previously purchased a week in one of these phases and are current owners. Owners who purchase a vacation ownership week in one of these phases through the resale market at this time will not be eligible to enroll the week within the Starwood Vacation Network.

So what is it? Current owners upon completion or not? This, again, is one answer from one person that could be completely different than an answer to the exact same question answered by someone else.:wall: :wall: :wall:

Here is my SPECIFIC DIRECT QUESTION Replied:
"I am confused by the use of "current" and "at this time" in the reply. I am not sure what time frame you are referring to.

I am sorry, but to be perfectly clear I will ask the question like this: So a current owner at the time of completion of the renovation will be eligible? So if I were to purchase a unit now, before the renovations, and pay the renovation fees etc. I would be eligible for the SVN offer after the renovations were complete. (I would be the "current" owner "at this time") Is this correct?

I apologize, I know I am asking you to be terribly specific, but I do not want any misunderstanding."

I will see where this gets us. I think that is the question many of us would like to know the answer to.

Last edited:

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
Here is the reply and it looks like this person knows what they are talking about:

"Thank you for contacting Sheraton Vacation Ownership. We welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Existing Owners who purchased at the Sheraton Vistana Resorts (Falls and Springs) before September 23, 2008, will be given the opportunity to join the Starwood Vacation Network (SVN) in the Spring of 2009.

Existing Owners who purchased through resale by December 31, 2007 and reflect in our system by March 31, 2008 will be eligible to join SVN in the Spring of 2009.

Sales is currently offering Starwood Vacation Network (SVN) membership with all new purchases at the Falls and Springs. SVN membership will be effective for 2010.

We hope this information was beneficial, have a pleasant day. "

Looks like we are out of luck for adding to the folio with cheap resales now.:bawl:

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
I believe that those were the same cut off dates for Fountains and Lakes re-sale buyers as well. I hope that they re-consider their dates....

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Existing Owners who purchased at the Sheraton Vistana Resorts (Falls and Springs) before September 23, 2008, will be given the opportunity to join the Starwood Vacation Network (SVN) in the Spring of 2009.

Existing Owners who purchased through resale by December 31, 2007 and reflect in our system by March 31, 2008 will be eligible to join SVN in the Spring of 2009.

Sales is currently offering Starwood Vacation Network (SVN) membership with all new purchases at the Falls and Springs. SVN membership will be effective for 2010.

This info sounds weired:

If you bought directly from Starwood between Sept 23 2008 and now you do not get into SVN?

But if you buy direct now you are in SVN?

Did Starwood sell Falls and Springs units dierctly in 2008?

Why should there be a cut-off date for direct purchases at all? To prevent anybody buying from the developer after Sept 23 2008?

All this info given does not make too much sense.

Probably we have to wait and see...