• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer of Banked week

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Brother in law has a confirmed week, that, due to scheduling, he will not be able to use. We would like to use it instead. I would like to compensate him by letting him use one of my weeks.

My question is, can the confirmed week be transferred to my account (we both own at the subject resort, and it is an internal trade)? We both have weeks available to exchange. This way, he would get his week back.

Or, is there another procedure to do this?

Thanks

Bruce W

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not have your brother write to the resort, telling them that YOU will be checking-in, instead of your brother. He should also give you a letter stating that YOU have the right to use the timeshare.

I am doing that with my brother right now---checking into a Hawaii resort in 2 1/2 weeks. Called the resort manager, letting her know that I would be checking in, and NOT my brother. She said "no problem", "glad that you let me know, and I'll change the check-in records".

Tony

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tony, that is our plan when we go to the resort, however, I will owe him a weeks exchange for this one. It would be easier if I can transfer a week to him, rather than request an exchange and then get an accomodation certificate for him. We would have to coordinate MY searches. If we cannot do the transfer, that is exactly what we would do.

Bruce W

Last edited:

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce W said:
Tony, that is our plan when we go to the resort, however, I will owe him a weeks exchange for this one. It would be easier if I can transfer a week to him, rather than request an exchange and then get an accomodation certificate for him. We would have to coordinate MY searches. If we cannot do the transfer, that is exactly what we would do.

Bruce W

Bruce, RCI can transfer a spacebanked week from one member's account to another, however, you'll have to pay $79 to do it.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bruce W,

If you have a deposited week that you would like to transfer to another RCI member as a gift, you may complete the transfer form as TravelSFO mentioned. To access the online Member Transfer Application, click here.

This form is typically used by members who have sold their vacation time. If you prefer, you may simply send a letter, signed by both parties, authorizing transfer of the deposited week. Both RCI ID numbers must be included, and the $79 US/$95 CD MTA processing fee does apply.

Last edited: