• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OFFICIAL MVCI Rental Prices

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
I thought it might be useful for owners who do on occassion rent their MVC weeks to know what Marriott is officially offering owners for their rental weeks.

Please post only what Marriott has officially told you when you call Owner Services to inquire, and not second or third hand info. The week for which you are renting is also useful information.

It would also be useful if one could state what they have received in the past when they rented the same resort under the old program.

I'd suggest that additional discussion about this entire rental program change be left for other threads so that owners searching for pricing information may do so easily here.

Of course this is entirely up to the moderators and other TUGgers. It's just my humble suggestion.

Barry

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They offered me $1450 for an Aruba week next June. The rental rates listed for those at the Marriott web site was $490 per night. That means they would be making about 58% profit. On the old plan, I would have netted a bit over $2000.

I have rented my unit through Marriott the last three years in Aruba and netted around $1800-$1900 (they took 35%). This program absolutely SUCKS. It is a blatant rip-off and goes against what they told all of us when they sold us the timeshare. Frankly, it put selling the unit into play for me. I will probably keep it another 2-3 years and then look to get out. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Last edited:

iamnotshopgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading a prior post concerning the new rental program I decided to send MVCI an email asking them what the rental fee they would pay me for my weeks 25,26 (4th of July) 2007 at the Aruba Surf Club. I own two (2) gold weeks for an OS 2BR Unit at this resort. My reservation has been confirmed for 2007. Below is there reply:

"Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacation Club International.

We understand that you would like to know what Marriott Vacation Club International would make the check out for if you were to list your weeks at Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club Resort for rent. The dates you currently have reserved for your 2007 usage are not eligible to be listed for rent through Marriott Vacation Club International. You have the option of listing your weeks for rent on your own. Please be advised that, should you choose to list your weeks for rent on your own, your advertising cannot use any of our copyrighted material. Your renter will also be considered to be your guest by Marriott Vacation Club International, thus, any damage to the villa will be your responsibility. You also have the option to change your current reservations to another date that does qualify to be listed for rent based on availability. The change/cancel policy will apply should you decide on the latter option."

Since I have been an owner for only three years I have been exchanging these weeks and using them at the resort. When I was sold the property the sales person made it quite clear that "rental" was an option through Marriott. In the future I will rent the unit myself but so far I have not been convinced that Marriott is the loser in this deal because of the high percentage of fees it takes from the rental property owner.

bob

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Manor Club July 4th 06 week rented through Marriott net proceeds $1113.00. July 4th 07 week rented through Marriott net of $565.00

KauaiMark

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Marriott Beach Club
Kauai Marriott 1br/2ba garden view July 4th week in 2007 would be - $755

Last edited:

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desert Springs I red week: Offered $1150 for entire 2BR; I usually would get $1500-1700 for master unit only.
Desert Springs I white week: Offered $475 for entire 2BR (won't even cover MF); I've gotten up to $1170 for master unit only.

New rental policy stinks !! I'm selling out.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Marriott changes their rules so often. I also belong to Disney Vacation Club and changes happen very slowly over there. For instance their fee to reserve a Luxury Concierge Collection went up to $90 from $75 about two years ago. Also they revamped the number of points necessary to reserve using II. Other than that I can't think of another change except of course the prices of their hotels and cruises but that is not really part of the program. Disney hotel and cruise prices go up with inflation and of course are not locked in by Disney. Over all I think less change is better when it comes to timesharing.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
icydog said:
I wonder why Marriott changes their rules so often. I also belong to Disney Vacation Club and changes happen very slowly over there. For instance their fee to reserve a Luxury Concierge Collection went up to $90 from $75 about two years ago. Also they revamped the number of points necessary to reserve using II. Other than that I can't think of another change except of course the prices of their hotels and cruises but that is not really part of the program. Disney hotel and cruise prices go up with inflation and of course are not locked in by Disney. Over all I think less change is better when it comes to timesharing.

In my opinion, this is a precurser to moving control of which weeks are rented, deposited to II, reserved for owner use and used for internal Marriott exchanges from the individual to the Club.

In the old system some owners win and some lose. Some rent all 7 days and some rented no days and got nothing. This is an averaging process where all individuals in the same season will get the same dollars.

JMHO
Short:cool:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
short said:
In the old system some owners win and some lose. Some rent all 7 days and some rented no days and got nothing. This is an averaging process where all individuals in the same season will get the same dollars.

JMHO
Short:cool:

However, I believe in the new system some will still lose because Marriott will not accept all weeks even weeks we consider prime weeks. I thought I read that someone said that Marriott would not take their 4th of July Aruba week. So I really don't see the difference except now Marriott will let you know right away that your unit will not rent. Where before you were notified more than 60 days out that your unit did not rent and you could deposit it in II.