• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's 13 month reservations for multiple week owners!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since Dave transferred the old thread and closed it, I'll post this new. In case anyone is unclear, I did indeed reserve my ONE week at Surfwatch and my two weeks at Grande Ocean just today concurrently 13 months out. All weeks for 7 July of next year. Will likely use one, trade one and rent one OR use one and rent two.

MLC

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is great that you use the 13 month rule. It is nice owning several Marriotts. Marty

jlp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Playa Andaluza, Four Seasons Vilamoura, MacDonald Dona Lola, Sweetwater@Waikiki Banyan, Orange Lake
I bought two weeks at Playa Andaluza so that I could reserve 13 months in advance. When I called European Marriott Services to reserve my 2006 weeks, they told me that they would only let me reserve 13 months ahead if I wanted to use the weeks. I said that I was going to deposit them with Interval and they refused to let me reserve and said to call back in one month. I called twice and got the same answer.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I did the same with my two lockoff weeks, split into 4 weeks in a row, at Beach Place for 2006 mid Feb - that gets you weeks more than 13 months ahead. Recently did it for my two July 4 weeks at Manor Club 2006 which I usually exchange to get bonus weeks, or rent one of them. The other Manor Club week I own will be turned in for points. I've never had problems getting exactly what I wanted with multiple week bookings like this.

On the other hand, because I could only book it 12 months ahead, I had a terrible time booking my 1 week (split lockoff) at Canyon Villas for 2006 - took me 3 weeks to get a suitable week on the stupid new Marriott reservation system.

Brian

Judy999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to say what your plans are? I never do...I just reserve online and usually don't even speak to a customer service person.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy999 said:
Do you have to say what your plans are? I never do...I just reserve online and usually don't even speak to a customer service person.

You can't book online at 13 months out...only 12 right now. They didn't ask me what my plans were however they gave me one reservation number for the two weeks (which is OK because we will be staying and using it the two weeks).

It would be nice to just have them spell out what the rules are.

Jan

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
jancurious said:
You can't book online at 13 months out...only 12 right now. They didn't ask me what my plans were however they gave me one reservation number for the two weeks (which is OK because we will be staying and using it the two weeks).

It would be nice to just have them spell out what the rules are.

Jan
We have 3 confirmation numbers for the 3 weeks. Granted there are 2 resorts and the ones at the same resort are different unit types (one ocean front).

bwenzel

TUG Member
Reaction score
13 Months Out

I called Memorial Day, to reserve my July 4th, 2006 week at Ocean Pointe and the following week at Ocean Watch with no problems. At long as I reserve the weeks one after the other we can reserve 13 months out. We will almost certainly deposit one week, but I am not sure where we want to go.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reserving 13 months out and then renting a week

I have reserved two back to back weeks at Grande Ocean and Barony 13 months out twice now and after getting my weeks confirmed have then placd one up for rent with Marriott. Never had a problem with it but then again I didn't tell them I was intending to rent one out while making the reservation. So next time keep your rental plans a secret until after you are confirmed for the two weeks you want. THe rental dept is a separate telephone # so it's not like the reservation people can helpe you with that anyway.

jlp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Playa Andaluza, Four Seasons Vilamoura, MacDonald Dona Lola, Sweetwater@Waikiki Banyan, Orange Lake
Further to my first post : I called Marriott European Services in the US and I was able to book my two weeks without any problem. He asked if I wanted one or two confirmation numbers and that was it!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Do I understand correctly that if you own two marriott weeks you get a 1 month advatage in booking ?

13 vs 12. months

Would that work if you owned a silver week and a platinum week at two diferent resorts ?

Does it make since to buy a cheaper week to get that advantage and then deposit or rent it ?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Yes, with two weeks you can book 13 months ahead as long as you book them both for the same week or two weeks in a row. It expands a little it you have two lockoff suites, split them, and you then can book 4 weeks in a row...which actually takes you to 14 months ahead for the 4th week. (shhhhh) You can book your two weeks at different resorts, but the same rules apply - they must be for the same week or two weeks in a row. It is difficult to align two weeks of different seasons unless you get the last week of one season and the first week of the next season immediately following.

Clear as mud? :)

Brian

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booking 13 months out with different levels

You can book out 13 months but you must book you weeks back to back. I can't even think of any resort where a platinum season would be right next to a silver season but I could easily be wrong as I so often am

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
jjking42 said:
Would that work [reserving at 13 months] if you owned a silver week and a platinum week at two diferent resorts ?

One way to do that would be to own, for example, a platinum winter ski week in Colorado, Utah or Tahoe and an inexpensive silver or bronze winter week in Hilton Head. Assuming the seasons overlap on the calendar, you could reserve the two weeks 13 months in advance for the same or concurrent weeks in the winter.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
neat trick

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
KathyPet said:
You can book out 13 months but you must book you weeks back to back. I can't even think of any resort where a platinum season would be right next to a silver season but I could easily be wrong as I so often am
I can think of several that are lower seasons at some resorts and Platinum at others, but not for a single resort where it jumps from Silver to Platinum or similar.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At a lot of the ski resorts it goes from Platinum right to Silver Season