• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Las Vegas Strip--transportation from airport?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We grabbed one of the bulk spacebankings for this resort and will be going in March.

Does the resort offer transportation to/from the airport? If not, what is the best option for getting there? We will be arriving at the airport around 8 p.m. on a Monday night, and don't want to spend a fortune on a taxi if that would get us caught in traffic on the strip.

Also, we will probably use the Deuce to ride up and down the strip while we are there. Do you just buy the all-day ticket on the bus, or do you need to buy it somewhere in advance?

Thanks for any info--we were only in Las Vegas once before and had a car.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't believe HGVC has a shuttle to the airport. If you want to take a shuttle instead of a taxi, Bell Trans is $5.50 per person. You can look at their web page here: http://www.bell-trans.com/vehicle_airport_shuttle.htm

As for bus passes and The Deuce, you can purchase a "day pass" every day from the bus driver. It costs $5. per person, per day.

Fern

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Fern is correct, no airport shuttle. If you take a taxi, do not let them fool you into thinking the tunnel and freeway are quicker or cheaper. They can go straight up Paradise and avoid the traffic on the strip.

gshipley

TUG Member
Reaction score
donnaval said:
We grabbed one of the bulk spacebankings for this resort and will be going in March.

Does the resort offer transportation to/from the airport? If not, what is the best option for getting there? We will be arriving at the airport around 8 p.m. on a Monday night, and don't want to spend a fortune on a taxi if that would get us caught in traffic on the strip.

Also, we will probably use the Deuce to ride up and down the strip while we are there. Do you just buy the all-day ticket on the bus, or do you need to buy it somewhere in advance?

Thanks for any info--we were only in Las Vegas once before and had a car.

I was there last week and decided to take a limo from the airport. Here are the prices as I remember them.

Limo (as many as can fit) - 42.00
Town Car - 30.00
Taxi - depends on traffic (guess around 15.00)
Shuttle - 5.75 per person

--
grant

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
MoeDan2727 said:
Not up Paradise. Up Swenson. to Falmingo and turn left to Strip.

dan

I don't drive Vegas but once a year but I could have sworn coming out of the airport you'd go straight and end up on Paradise, eventually getting behind the Sahara, then jog left over to the strip and be right about where you needed to be (half a block one way or the other) from the resort.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Swenson and Paradise are somewhat parallel streets coming out of the airport and are one way streets by the airport. Swenson goes north and Paradise goes south. At Tropicana Swenson becomes two-way and just a bit further north Paradise beomes two-way.

You would want to go further north than Flamingo, mentioned in an earlier post, if you are going to HGVC on the Strip. It's up near Circus Circus, so you'd need to keep going north and go west maybe as far north as Sahara. Then go left on Las Vegas Blvd. just a short distance and turn right into the resort.

Last edited:

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! The shuttle will suit us just fine.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not to nit-pick, but Doug's directions were closest to correct. Driving you exit the airport towards a sign that says Paradise/Tropicana, even though you aren't on either of them. Tehnically you are on Swenson, but the sign says Paradise. You pass Tropicana, then jog left, then right at the next corner (name unknown, but its clearly marked), and you'll be on Paradise. You then would continue on Paradise to Sahara, where you'd turn left. Just past the Sahara Hotel you'll turn left again on Las Vegas Blvd, and HGVC Las Vegas Blvd would be on your right.

You wouldn't want to stay on Swenson (although you would if you were going to the HGVC Las Vegas Hilton at Karen St.) because Swenson veers off away from the Strip drastically.

Once the new car rental facility opens, all the directions will change. That's slated to happen some time next year. When it does, if somebody reminds me I'll go drive it and get new directions.

Fern

MoeDan2727

TUG Member
Reaction score
Swenson to Paradise

Fern:

We were there two weeks ago and the road to Paradise from Swenson seemed to be blocked for the construction. At least I got lost trying to find it. So unless that construction has finished, acess to Paradise is limited until you get to Harmon which was a mess as was Paradise. You copuld turn at Tropicana but that puts you on the Paradise construction.

Dan

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
The main reason I even attempted to post directtions was to give the OP an idea of how a taxi should go when taking them from the airport to LV Blv. It's not necessary to drive up the strip, which can at times be a rolling parking lot, to get to the LV Strip resort. The quickest and shortest route would probably be up Swenson//Paradise.

But a cab driver is just as likely to long haul you by telling you the highway is quicker/shorter/cheaper. It's helpful to know what should be the least expensive route if you're going to consider a taxi.

The only issue I have with shuttle buses is it can take a long time to get to your hotel. The LV Hilton would be either the first or last stop for a shuttle doing the strip. It just depends on if the shuttle goes north and works it's way back south dropping passengers off along the way or if it goes south working it's way north.

I can see it working either way. If you work south to north, you can stop at resorts on your way back to the airport picking passengers up to leave as you return. That would make better economic sense in my mind. If they do that, the HGVC LV Strip would be one of the last stops on the route as it's on the north end of the strip.

One other warning about the shuttle busses. DON'T pay for a RT ticket. they are known for NOT being on time to return passengers to the airport. We nearly missed a flight and had to pay for alternative transportation when every bus that came by was already full. All they do is stop, open the doors, tell us they were full and another bus would be coming by in a few minutes. We finally hoped on a competitors bus (at our own expense) that wasn't full. If we wouldn't have done that, we'd have missed our flight. Greyline offered us no refund when I wrote them once we got home. Essentially, their stance was "that's to bad for you."

i39249

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be Wary of the shuttle...... With all the stops at different hotels, it could take you over an hour to get to your destination. If you don't mind, then the shuttle is fine. But after a long day of travelling, make sure you're up to sitting in the shuttle, while others are getting dropped off. But on the other hand, you could get lucky and be the first ones dropped off.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would recommend a taxi, although the taxi lines can be long. Usually the fare is under $15.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traffic at 8 pm on a Monday night might not be so bad, but when we were there a few weeks ago, Paradise was a nightmare. We were there from Wednesday to Sunday. During the late afternoon/early evening rush hour, it took DH over an hour to drive 1.5 miles. Friday night we could not get a taxi due to the traffic. I hope things are better for your trip.

fnewman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI Platinum member: Diamond US Collection, Cypress Point I, Powhatan Plantation, San Luis Obispo.
Considering how many $$ you are about to spend on gambling, resturants, shops, etc. the price of a taxi is a bargain not matter which route they take !!