• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Dude ranch? Where? [Merged]

imjoyce

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
At one time there was a discussion of one or two resorts that were like dude ranches. Does anyone know of a place like this as a timeshare where we can exchange?

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dude ranch

At one time there was a discussion of one or two resorts that were like dude ranches. Does anyone know of a place like this as a timeshare where we can exchange?

There's one in Michigan called the Double JJ ranch doublejj.com. I've never been there but it sounds like fun. I've seen it listed through Interval before.

S

Steamboat Bill

Westgate River Ranch is about 45 minutes from Orlando, Florida

imjoyce

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Many thanks. I'll be checking them out. Any others? I thought there'd be a couple in the West.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Perhaps Warner Springs Ranch in San Diego county? Exchanges through II as code WSR.

While not a true "dude-ranch" -- WSR does offer trail rides, lessons, summer horse camp (weeklong equestrian camp for youth), carriage rides, etc. Plenty of other activities also available.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Also check out Premiere Vacation Club at Kohl's Ranch Lodge - an RCI Silver Crown Resort in Payson, Arizona (RCI 3986 KOH). Actually, Tug reviews say it's 17 miles outside Payson.

While it may not be a true Dude ranch - Tug reviews say plenty of hiking and horseback riding are available.

Richard

RumpleMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Vacation Club and II list Tanque Verde.

I have read good reviews, but have not been there.

Black Diamond

TUG Member
Reaction score
BUMP!!

:hi: Seeking further input to "Real Ranch Life" activities with timeshare amenities.

Let me know what is available to trade into.

My cattle experience is "small scale" compared to a "Real" ranch life!!!

Thanks in advance!!!:clap:

geneticblend

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a Dude ranch in Wickenburg, AZ. but I do not know the name.

madra dubh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Checkout the Villas at Flying L (II code FLY and FL1). We will be there in Nov 08. Exchanged a 1 BR at Ocean Pointe for 2 BR at Flying L. It's located 40 miles from San Antonio in Bandera, Texas. Bandera calls itself the "Cowboy Capital of the World".

There are no reviews in the TUG database for this resort. But it has a lot to offer, according to the web site. Have any Tuggers been to the Flying L?.
http://www.flyingl.com/

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flying L in Texas ... anyone been there?

Checkout the Villas at Flying L (II code FLY and FL1). We will be there in Nov 08. Exchanged a 1 BR at Ocean Pointe for 2 BR at Flying L. It's located 40 miles from San Antonio in Bandera, Texas. Bandera calls itself the "Cowboy Capital of the World".

There are no reviews in the TUG database for this resort. But it has a lot to offer, according to the web site. Have any Tuggers been to the Flying L?.

I also wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who's heard anything about the Flying L:) We're looking for a place to stay in Texas next summer.

Thanks,
Debi

S

Steamboat Bill

I booked 57 rooms at the Westgate River Ranch for a school trip in March. It will be a blast.

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've never been to the Flying L Dude Ranch, but I have been to Bandera many times. It is full of dude ranches and beautiful scenery. The river on the website is the Medina River which is perfect for tubing on a hot summer day. The river bank and river bed has a lot of dinosaur tracks, so it has been popular with visitors for millions of years! In the fall be sure to check out Lost Maples State Park, a short drive away. It has great hikes and probably the only fall color in the state!

Bandera, itself, is a very good example of an old Texas town. If you are there on a Friday night during football season, try to go to the local high school football game - the entire town will be there! After the game, everyone goes to the local dance hall for some Texas Two Step. And I mean everyone, even tiny babies and young children are on the dance floor with their parents. Many of the dude ranches in the area will also have dances on the weekend, but for local color the ones that the town people go to can't be beat.

Have fun!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

nonutrix

madra dubh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never been to the Flying L Dude Ranch, but I have been to Bandera many times. It is full of dude ranches and beautiful scenery. The river on the website is the Medina River which is perfect for tubing on a hot summer day. The river bank and river bed has a lot of dinosaur tracks, so it has been popular with visitors for millions of years! In the fall be sure to check out Lost Maples State Park, a short drive away. It has great hikes and probably the only fall color in the state!

Bandera, itself, is a very good example of an old Texas town. If you are there on a Friday night during football season, try to go to the local high school football game - the entire town will be there! After the game, everyone goes to the local dance hall for some Texas Two Step. And I mean everyone, even tiny babies and young children are on the dance floor with their parents. Many of the dude ranches in the area will also have dances on the weekend, but for local color the ones that the town people go to can't be beat.

Have fun!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

nonutrix

nonutrix - Thank you for the information about Bandera. We'll be there in November 08, so we'll look for a football game. Here in NJ, our HS football season runs thru Thanksgiving, followed by play-offs and conference games. Hope the season is the same in Texas. I'm really looking forward to this trip. We love the parts of Texas we have seen. I'm sure Bandera will be great!

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
nonutrix - Thank you for the information about Bandera. We'll be there in November 08, so we'll look for a football game. Here in NJ, our HS football season runs thru Thanksgiving, followed by play-offs and conference games. Hope the season is the same in Texas.

Pretty much the same here in Texas. What you might want to do is go to the school district website in August of September and check out their game schedule:

www.banderaisd.net/

Hope this helps!

nonutrix

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Dude Ranches on II or RCI?

My obsession with vacationing at a dude ranch is back in full swing. Are there any that we can exchange into on either II or RCI? I tried searching on II but didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure that there was at least one dude ranch exchange option available to us when DVC was with II. I think it was in Arizona? I can't find it now. Pretty much any location would be OK with us, but the southwest, Colorado or Montana would be really nice.

Also, if you can book a dude ranch as an exchange, do you then have to pay an all-inclusive fee to include the food and activities? I plan to do this before my oldest starts school so I think I can be pretty flexible with time of year. Thanks!

Black Diamond

TUG Member
Reaction score
My obsession with vacationing at a dude ranch is back in full swing. Are there any that we can exchange into on either II or RCI? I tried searching on II but didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure that there was at least one dude ranch exchange option available to us when DVC was with II. I think it was in Arizona? I can't find it now. Pretty much any location would be OK with us, but the southwest, Colorado or Montana would be really nice.

Also, if you can book a dude ranch as an exchange, do you then have to pay an all-inclusive fee to include the food and activities? I plan to do this before my oldest starts school so I think I can be pretty flexible with time of year. Thanks!

Try here:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50119&highlight=Dude+Ranch

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Vacation Club and II list Tanque Verde.

I have read good reviews, but have not been there.

I am trying to find this dude ranch on II but it isn't coming up. Does anyone know if it's still with II?

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bumped that thread. I think that there was a true dude ranch on II, but I'm not sure if it's still there. I'm really hoping for an exchange because dude ranches are ridiculously expensive to book with cash.

ljwhit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe there really is someone out there looking for the same thing as I am...........I've wanted to go to a dude ranch forever, and can't find one either. Seems a remember there being one in Arizona too, but if I recall, didn't have very good reviews and really didn't offer much. Guess we'll have to keep looking.......................

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe there really is someone out there looking for the same thing as I am...........I've wanted to go to a dude ranch forever, and can't find one either. Seems a remember there being one in Arizona too, but if I recall, didn't have very good reviews and really didn't offer much. Guess we'll have to keep looking.......................

Another Floridian who wants to go to a true dude ranch...maybe it's something in the water here, LOL! Anyways, let me know if you ever run across anything on RCI or II. My fantasy is to go to a true dude ranch somewhere like either Montana or the Southwest. Texas would probably be good too. I want to take my kids on a "true" dude ranch vacation, but the cash prices to do so are out of my reach. Here's hoping that we can someday find an exchange!!