• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quick Disney Trip - Offsite Hotel Advice

lilybean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All --

we are planning on taking my 3 1/2 year old back for a quick long weekend trip to Disney in late April/Early May. We usually stay on site at Disney, but with the last minute request (via an exchange certificate), of course we are not going to be able to this time unless we pay out of pocket.

After hours of comparing results on the off Disney property hotels, I am officially confused on where to stay off site. I would liek to be as close as possible to Disney as that is where we plan to stay most of the time. I go through II, and here are a few of the resorts I am looking at. Any advice will be MUCH appreciated:

Horizon's by Marriott (though not top choice due to avail date)

Marriotts:
Grande Vista
Imperial Palms
Royal Palms
Sabal Palms

Parkway International

I am also open to any other suggestions out there.

Thank you!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriott *-Palms are pretty darn close, in Marriott World Center. If you miss a turn to OKW from "central Disney property" you often find yourself driving by them to reach the next legal U-turn. ;)

disneydor

Reaction score
We just stayed at the Grande Vista and really liked it. It was no longer than a 10 minute drive.

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
there is a May 30 - june 6 - at OKW - 1-bedroom

May 16 - 23 at SSR - 2 bedroom

may 24 to 31 at SSR - 1 bedroom.

so there are some DVC out in your time period

nelljay1973

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Vacation Village at Parkway...not to be confused with Parkway International which is in the same location. We went with our 2 yr old DD and 4 yr old DS. This was our first trip to WDW and what we like was the location to WDW.

It is an RCI resort and I am new to the whole TS thing, but you can book direct from the management company

http://www.dailymanagementresorts.com/Resort.aspx?resort=5

kime73

Reaction score
Where did you end up staying. I would like to know any info on imperial palms versus grand vista. Have a 3 yr old boy. Thanks.