• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is the Classified page up and running?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am assuming we have to repost our Ads? I haven't been able to access the Ads this morning.
Thanks! :confused:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
DeniseM said:
I am assuming we have to repost our Ads? I haven't been able to access the Ads this morning.
Thanks! :confused:

The classified ads have nothing to do with the bbs - they aren't even located on the same server. The red link bar at the top of the page just links to stuff OUTSIDE the bbs.

I've been able to access the classified ads with no problem, but Bill tells me some people have been receiving "website not responding" error messages for the last few days.

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ad me to the list of those not able to view the Classified ads for a couple of days.

:(

I'm sure my husband thinks that is a good thing :D

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have no problems accessing the classifieds, or even the reviews. I must be one of the lucky ones :)

bill/tug

TUG Member
Reaction score
tug classified ads access

We have had a few reports of these classified ad access trouble recently. The ad pages are there and working fine.

What might be the problem in talking with a tech rep, is that your
internet service provider is having problem with the Domain name resolution.
Two things to try.... use the direct URL ( numbers instead of tug1.org ) it will
bypass the domain name resolution. The real URL address which is

http://64.33.17.72/tugads/adshome.php3

If that works then it is your ISP domain name resolution problem. Contact your local ISP and report the problem to them. You should still be able to use the ads using the 64.33.17.72 instead of the tug1.org domain name.

A couple of tests you can try if you know how to use the command function of your computer.

nslookup tug1.org

If the domain name is working correctly on your ISP it will show
name = tug1.org
address = 64.33.17.72

or
ping tug1.org
ping 64.33.17.72

it will show how long it takes to connect to the site.

If someone who has been having access problems can try this, please email the outcome to tug@tug2.net

thanks
Bill

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link....but I still can't get the Ads with the link.

WORLD TRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unable to access classified ads

I have an I-Mac using aol and I'm unable to access the ads. I'm able to access other areas but not the ads. The above provided link also doesn't work on my computer. Please help. Thanks.

flyrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also having trouble accessing the classified. I tried the above link with no success. I am using AOL also, if that makes a difference.

Doug

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No Problem Here

Just clicked on "Classified Ads" and went there instantly. I'm using Firefox for a browser.

Art

Azjim66

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also cannot access the classifieds from AOL. I have no problems if using Internet Explorer without AOL.

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent an email to AOL today...we'll see what they say and if the problem gets fixed...

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I don't have AOL and can see the Classifieds and Reviews just fine.

When I am at my mother's house, (she has AOL) I have the same problem that others are describing when I try to read my email. I have to use the Internet Explorer outside of AOL. That is at least a short-term fix.

droles

Reaction score
Problem still exists for me.

I'm using Firefox and I'm still unable to access the classifieds. The link doesn't work either.

droles

Reaction score
Finally got into Classifieds

I turned off Cybersitter software and I think that's what did it.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't see with AOL, but can with netscape. If someone knows what the problem is with aol, let us know.

bill/tug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help bypassing aol for classified ads access

We just got a report from one our our members who uses aol and could not access our classified ads site. She was able to access the ads by using the Internet Explorer Browser outside of AOL. This tells me that it is definitely an aol setting problem with either the aol browser ( which is also an internet explorer browser ) or the aol automatic spam/firewall filters.

To use the regular Internet Explorer, just log on to AOL as usual, then minimize the aol window and click on the Internet Explore icon and use it like you would the normal aol browser.

If we have any aol users that had access problems prior and that can get this to work, please check to see what settings might be different on their aol browser and their computer's IE browser. It is most likely the security setting selections.

FYI, this is only happening to a limit number of aol users. I have an aol account as a backup and have checked our ads site many times using it these past weeks and never had any trouble using aol to access the TUG ads.

Hope this helps.

Bill