• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cocoa beach impossible??

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have had an exchange request with II for 5 months now for a unit at the RESORT AT COCOA BEACH and haven't gotten anything so far..is this usual?
i used a banked marriott aruba ocean club week. can anyone see week 12(march 20-27) available with one of there weeks?

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Spring Break at the beach will likely take a very early request and a little patience. Good luck.

Sheila

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wrong exchange company

i have had an exchange request with II for 5 months now for a unit at the RESORT AT COCOA BEACH and haven't gotten anything so far..is this usual?
i used a banked marriott aruba ocean club week. can anyone see week 12(march 20-27) available with one of there weeks?

Relatively easy trade through RCI - although any Holiday week will be tougher. As usual II won't have anywhere near the inventory/availability RCI would have.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
I have been routinely checking sightings for a while, and rarely come across Resort on Cocoa Beach. As this resort is dual-affiliated with II and RCI, I believe that more deposits go with RCI. Also, now that VRI seems to have an internal exchange, some exchanges may never make it to II or RCI.

I would still keep the request out there, though. It looks like a fun resort.:D

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching for that one last year and it seemed like they didn't deposit their weeks into II until Dec or Jan. However, I do know that a lot of weeks trade through the internal VRI exchange. We own a VRI resort and I don't see any availability for that week on the VRI exchange either yet.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about a direct exchange with a Tugger. I know there are several Resort on Cocoa Beach owners here--including myself. Marriot Aruba would be very tempting for some. Just a thought--Dawn

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One more thing

Oh, forgot to add before. GREAT resort - great place to trade into. Not a real active area but a great beach side, laid back stay guaranteed.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
bccash63
while that may have been an option before, the week is already now owned by II and i assume exchanged.. this will teach me to only do REQUEST FIRST option.then i would still retain use of my week if II couldn't make the trade.oh well, LIVE AND LEARN