• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FAQ might need to be updated

boaterkathy

Reaction score
Madge, I was just looking through some of the FAQ and found the section on the One plus One weeks. We just did our first exchange and I figured we should be entitled to one of those (Plus One) weeks, so I called RCI. The rep. said it was an old program that RCI no longer has. This should probably be removed from the FAQ section, so as not to confuse people. Are there other areas there that are out-of-date also? :confused:

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people still have unused one plus one weeks. I have one.

hofftkmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
More misinformation from RCI reps. I just booked a vacation using a One-Plus-One week, but RCI charged me an incorrect price and will not refund the difference. I will give them one more day to own up before pleading with Madge to intervene. But again, I booked a week using One-Plus-One, and even received a new one when booking into a "targeted area".

Actually, what needs to be revised in the FAQ's is the pricing for them. Following is the current One-Plus-One pricing:

$241.99 USD /$296.99 CAD domestic
$296.99 USD /351.99 CAD international

boaterkathy

Reaction score
hofftkmn said:
More misinformation from RCI reps. I just booked a vacation using a One-Plus-One week, but RCI charged me an incorrect price and will not refund the difference. I will give them one more day to own up before pleading with Madge to intervene. But again, I booked a week using One-Plus-One, and even received a new one when booking into a "targeted area".

Actually, what needs to be revised in the FAQ's is the pricing for them. Following is the current One-Plus-One pricing:

$241.99 USD /$296.99 CAD domestic
$296.99 USD /351.99 CAD international

So you are saying they still DO give the one-plus-one weeks???!!! Our Mexico trade should qualify, but we sure haven't seen anything! Maybe I should try calling again. It kind of gripes me!! :mad:

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Was Told Something Different

I show a One-Plus-One week and I'm confused now. Per the FAQs I received it for confirming a week in Grand Cayman 2007. I called RCI and the guide I spoke with told me I had received it for banking my 2006 week, AND it was only good domestically and there was no specific price. So, I asked what the difference was between One-Plus-One and a bonus week. He told me the only difference was that One-Plus-One weeks don't expire for 2 years.

Does anybody at RCI know what's going on with the One-Plus-One program? :mad: I find this all very frustrating.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
boaterkathy,

The One-Plus-One program is still active (although the pricing does change - thanks Dani!). Guides may be getting confused by the way One-Plus-One availability is displayed in our system. Since RCI wants to offer as many vacations as are available, the decision was made many months ago to display Extra Vacations availability along with One-Plus-One search results. If no units are available in One-Plus-One, any units that are available in Extra Vacations will display. The correct Extra Vacations pricing is given, but it can be confusing to the Guide when questioned about why the One-Plus-One pricing doesn't apply.

One-Plus-One inventory is much more limited than that in Extra Vacations. For this reason, there may be availability in Extra Vacations that isn't available in One-Plus-One. If you are being told that the One-Plus-One program is not valid, please ask to speak with a supervisor. In the meantime, I'll work on getting a communication out to our Guides about One-Plus-One.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do I get one?

Madge,

I read the FAQ's. I'm, confused about getting a one plus one week.

Do you get a one plus one for trading into Williamsburg? If so, how do you go about getting them one placed in your account after the fact? (Trying to make this generic)

Thanks,
Nancy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nancy,

If you confirm a vacation in any of the targeted areas (listed in the Ask RCI FAQ's), you will be entitled to a One-Plus-One week valid for 2 years. If you confirm online, the week will be deposited automatically; if you confirm with a Guide, you need to request the One-Plus-One.

I have updates coming about this program shortly, so watch this thread!

longdriver

Reaction score
one on one

Marge, I had posted a question about one on ones and did not get an answer. Maybe you could answer here. I have a one on one and I called in to try to book a vacation. I was told nothing was available in area where I wanted to go . I was told I could not do an ongoing search and I would have to call in every day. Surely that is not the way it works. ??? Thanks, Longdriver

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
longdriver,

You may start an ongoing search using a One-Plus-One week, although the inventory may not change much until short notice. Sorry about the confusion.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
riverside,

You earn One-Plus-One weeks by confirming targeted locations in RCI Weeks, and this is also true if you're using your points. A Points Guide can redeem them for you. However, vacations you confirm within the Points system (Standard Reservations, etc.) do not earn One-Plus-One weeks.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on One-Plus-One Pricing

Hi everyone,

Effective January 1st, RCI made One-Plus-One pricing variable to follow our Extra Vacations model. However, the variations will be more subtle since this inventory is more at risk of going unused and we want to keep it deeply discounted.

The variable pricing is being offered by Guides now; however, the old fixed pricing may appear online for a short time longer.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to get into account

If you traded into a targeted area are were not given a one plus one what is the best way to get it put into your account?

TIA

Nancy

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge said:
Hi everyone,

Effective January 1st, RCI made One-Plus-One pricing variable to follow our Extra Vacations model. However, the variations will be more subtle since this inventory is more at risk of going unused and we want to keep it deeply discounted.

The variable pricing is being offered by Guides now; however, the old fixed pricing may appear online for a short time longer.

Madge,

I have ONE plus ONE weeks and I never seen listing of resorts by price? Can you search for use of the ONE plus ONE, I thought only the VC could?

Scott

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Madge said:
Hi everyone,

What range will the prices fall into?

Will these generally cost less than Extra Vacations? If so, by approximately how much?

Thanks,

Sheila

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leturno said:
Madge,

I have ONE plus ONE weeks and I never seen listing of resorts by price? Can you search for use of the ONE plus ONE, I thought only the VC could?

Scott
Sorry Scott, you're right about One-Plus-One's not being accessible online. That may change with the web initiatives underway, but I do not know that for certain yet. I must have had Extra Vacations on my mind when I posted.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
sfwilshire said:
What range will the prices fall into?

Will these generally cost less than Extra Vacations? If so, by approximately how much?

Thanks,

Sheila
Sheila,

It will be very close to the current pricing, although varied, and generally much lower than Extra Vacations.