• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who's Viewing

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay I set myself to 'invisible', but still see myself in the list with a *. I clicked save the change so did I do it wrong?

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Where is who is viewing list?

I don't see a list indicating who is viewing, where is the listing? OK, I found below the forums.

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
At the very bottom of the list of forums there is a section called, "What's Going On?" The first sub-section lists "Currently Active Users".

MarTN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clark said:
I'm curious as to the point of the Who Is Viewing tool.

When used with private messaging, it is sort of a "Oh, look, Tom is online viewing this too. I think I'll PM him."

Can anyone think of another use?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Tia said:
Okay I set myself to 'invisible', but still see myself in the list with a *. I clicked save the change so did I do it wrong?

We're all new at this so some things I'm just guessing at. I think it will always show you YOURSELF, but the * shows you you're set to "invisible". Others won't see you except admins.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the list of viewing members reflect just those that are looking at the same area as myself (like Buy & Selling, Central USA), or everyone (who isn't hidden) that is looking at any part of TUG?

It's so nice to have hand holding while I learn to walk through learning this new site. :)

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
northwoodsgal said:
Does the list of viewing members reflect just those that are looking at the same area as myself (like Buy & Selling, Central USA), or everyone (who isn't hidden) that is looking at any part of TUG?

It's so nice to have hand holding while I learn to walk through learning this new site. :)

I *think* when you're in a forum, it shows just those people viewing the same forum. When on the bbs homepage, it shows everybody.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any guesses on how the board decides who is viewing?

Obviously, when I click onto a board, the software must decide that I am viewing, but how does it know that I left? One possibility is that it takes me off a particular board when I click onto another. But what happens when I click over to, for example, msnbc.com? How would the board know that I am not viewing any more? Do I get timed out? (The software decides that any person who spends more than five minutes on one board has either left or died??)

Just wondering...

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Go to the forum page which lists all the threads. Scroll down, down, down, past the bottom of the list...it's there.

If you want to see who's on the bbs site, go to the page that lists all the forums. Scroll down, down, down, past the bottom of the list...and it's there too.

:)

And to answer another question...if you open multiple windows and go to a different forum in each one, then each of the forums will list you as "present". So, at last, I've found a way to be in several places at the same time. :D