• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anybody else get a "resort certificate" in their RCI account?

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RE; resort cert's.

I to have 2 cert. in my acct. I just talked with a super. because I had a bonus wk. disappear,and he told me that I didn't have,and never had and that their was no such thing as a bonus week any longer and they were purging the system of them, and that the resort cert's. were good for 545 days,even thou mine said good until 11 mar. so i'm calling them back to pick another fight ,how much worse can they mess up my acct. ( LOL )and for 3 days I tried to confirm a resort that was apparently never there as I talked to tech. support for the 5th time and the man said they were just ghosts that they were not really there under that system but were under extra vacations if I wanted to pay full price instead of $179. exchange the 1st person could have explaned that,but then again that call center was in india .I think you can tell that they work with at least wyndham they have no idea what their talking about and want you to believe it the lies they tell you !

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to enjoy searching around for vacations on RCI.com. Sometimes, we had a few areas we were interested in, but not to the point of setting up an ongoing search.

Now, every time I try, it's slow, but I try to be patient--then I use their 'return to search' button and all of a sudden, all of the available units for each resort reduces drastically to like 1/10 of what I had before. :annoyed:

I search online because I don't want to deal with the phone service--I just want to find and close on what I want, when I can, online and quick. It's just not working.

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called to see how I can exchange these and they said it was a website error. They are "fixing" it now!! WHAT!!!

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RE; certs.

I have a question for you long time tugers, 1. what is a resort certificate 2. what is a bonus week ?

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RE;resort certficates

the reason I post the question the way I did in post # 32 was to get other peoples thoughts about what a resort cert. is and what a bonus week is , without leading anyone. because I was told by a( RCI super.Collin ) that there never was a bonus week,and that the name bonus week has been replaced by a resort cert. I thought a bonus week was when you deposited your resort week and they gave you a bonus week for depositing your week,and it was good for a year and you had to use a vc. in my case to search. any thoughts or opinion's or corrections? i'm sure i'm not the only person that think's this or that there doing this to.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, there you go.

...because I was told by a( RCI super.Collin ) that there never was a bonus week,and that the name bonus week has been replaced by a resort cert. I thought a bonus week was when you deposited your resort week and they gave you a bonus week for depositing your week,and it was good for a year and you had to use a vc. in my case to search. any thoughts or opinion's or corrections? i'm sure i'm not the only person that think's this or that there doing this to.

How can you replace something that never was? If there never was a bonus week, how can you replace it?

I've heard of bonus weeks (AC) being given for certain deposits in II. I have been in RCI since 1984, and have never heard of a bonus week.

There were "One Plus Ones" or something like that, which most people indicated weren't worth much if anything. Possibly that is what has been replaced.

Last edited:

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
re resort's certs.

Egret 1986, I don't know jf we are thinking the same or not ,but in my case ,I deposited a week from resort they gave me a reference to give to rci when I deposited, rci gave me a week for my week, plus a week listed in exchanges as a bonus with an expire. date of 31 dec.2010 ,I checked my acct. and it had a bonus week you had to search thru a vc , I searched a little later and in add. to the bonus week there was 2 resort certs. as I looked at it the bonus week disappeared in front of my eyes. and the rest is as stated in post #26 and 32. am I crazy or do they owe me my bonus week back ??

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it was this thread or another thread regarding this.

Someone indicated that the former "One Plus Ones" were being replaced by these Resort Certificates. I received those "One Plus Ones" several times. I never used them. You had to go through a VC to use them, so I believe that is what your "bonus" week was.

I'm glad that they were replaced with something that can be searched with online. I'll probably use the one I received now that I don't have to have a VC search for availabilities and can do it myself.

I guess if you think you will use the two resort certificates and, in addition would have used that "bonus" week, you could call and try to speak with a supervisor, send an email, or write a letter. If not, let it go. I think "Last Calls" would basically give you the same thing.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone indicated that the former "One Plus Ones" were being replaced by these Resort Certificates. I received those "One Plus Ones" several times. I never used them. You had to go through a VC to use them, so I believe that is what your "bonus" week was.

I'm glad that they were replaced with something that can be searched with online. I'll probably use the one I received now that I don't have to have a VC search for availabilities and can do it myself.

I guess if you think you will use the two resort certificates and, in addition would have used that "bonus" week, you could call and try to speak with a supervisor, send an email, or write a letter. If not, let it go. I think "Last Calls" would basically give you the same thing.

If they work, these resort certificates will be considerable cheaper than Last Call because you will only be charged an exchange fee.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One Plus One

This appeared in my account yesterday after I confirmed a week I had on hold. Don't know if it's worth much and I have to call RCI...:( to see what resorts/weeks are available.

The following weeks cannot currently be exchanged online. Please call 1-800-338-7777 to search against these.
Description Travel Window Relation Number Offer Start Date Offer End Date

ONE PLUS ONE 03-Feb-2010 to 31-Dec-2010 00043 03-Feb-2010 25-May-2008

kalua

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RE; resort certs.

they do work i booked a 3 bdrm . lake marion ,and a 2 bdrm. foxrun for Feb and Mar. the only problems I see is that you can't see as many resorts as you can in last calls,and you only can see and book that 45 day window which up till now has not had much. however there is more showing now than before. the problem i had with it was when they put the certs. in my acct. i watch my bonus or 1+1 week disappear infront of my eyes,which i could search by a vc and book a year out . and then intentionally or unintentionally was lied to about the bonus weeks .

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm aware the resort certs would be cheaper than Last Call

If they work, these resort certificates will be considerable cheaper than Last Call because you will only be charged an exchange fee.

...I was referring to the One Plus One or Bonus Week or whatever was taken away from the Poster before their eyes. The Poster is already frustrated by being "intentionally" or "unintentionally" lied to regarding the disappearance of this item.

Since I never utilized the One Plus Ones, maybe they only charged an exchange fee. I don't know. It will be a fight with RCI and trying to find someone to actually resolve the situation. The Poster will have to determine if it is really worth it. Just throwing out a possible alternative.

SBK, The Resort Certificates do work if you can find something that works for you and can travel on short notice. Some of the availabilities at the more desirable resorts/areas have check-ins less than a week away.