• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Pointe Resort

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Here's a question for you guys that know CP.. I wanted to move off the construction thread as its getting big..

While looking on line at RCI i see a 3 bd unit available in my time frame.. in looking at the fine print I noticed this line.

"An additional fee will be applied for house keeping suppliesand other amenities."

This is the first time I have seen this and was wondering how much is the charge and is that for weeks or points..or both

(yes the "suppliesand" is direct off the website.. not a typo on my part.)

plus,, what units are assigned for which check in days..

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Never Heard Of It.

Here's a question for you guys that know CP.. I wanted to move off the construction thread as its getting big..

While looking on line at RCI i see a 3 bd unit available in my time frame.. in looking at the fine print I noticed this line.

"An additional fee will be applied for house keeping suppliesand other amenities."

This is the first time I have seen this and was wondering how much is the charge and is that for weeks or points..or both.
Sounds like total baloney, a mistake of some kind.

Cypress Pointe owners who arrange for split-week reservations -- e.g., Sunday-Wednesday now & Thursday-Saturday later -- are in for an extra cleaning fee. Ditto Phase One owners who split their 3BR lock-off units -- e.g., 2BR-2BA "A" unit now & 1BR "B" unit later.

Other than that, I don't know of any extra cleaning fees at Cypress Pointe.

There are front-desk nuisance fees if you go for wi-fi (Phase One) or hi-speed internet (Phase Two), or for mini-golf over at the Grande Villas (Phase Two).

(Nobody's perfect.)

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if that means you will be charged if you request extra dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, paper towels, etc. When we were there in February, there were no extra fees, except for the WiFi.

Dori

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if that means you will be charged if you request extra dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, paper towels, etc. When we were there in February, there were no extra fees, except for the WiFi.

Dori

This is the correct interpretation. IF you request additional soap, laundry detergent, etc there is a cost. The initial "setup" for the unit includes starter amounts of items such as dish washer, laundry soap, shampoo, lotion, a roll of paper towels, etc - if you need more you can request it for a charge OR buy some at the Winn Dixie next door (or any other store).

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I understand what you all are saying and agree. but the language in the fine print on RCI says you "will" be charged.. not might..

I know in these days of MF's going up and resorts having a bunch of non paying owners they are getting creative in way of coming up with revenue.. :eek:

kinda like the speed traps in small towns.. it the easy way to bring in additional income with little resistance.

just making sure I would not see a $50 or more fee on credit card in a month after check out and wonder what for...

PS we usually bring laundry and dish washing liquid as there is never enough..

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
new question for CP..

the shuttle service.. does it just run to the outlet mall or to mall and the theme parks as well...

will be going to seaworld and bus over to bush gardens.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
new question for CP..

the shuttle service.. does it just run to the outlet mall or to mall and the theme parks as well...

will be going to seaworld and bus over to bush gardens.

The complimentary shuttle is operated by the Outlet Mall. There is a new shuttle service for the parks since Mid-March that is fee based. Prices vary by park. Also operated by a third party vendor.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
just called the resort and the cost to Sea World is $10 per person and that is for round trip..

they pick up from resort at 8:30 and 11 am, return from park at 5:30, 7:30, 9:30 not sure about schedule for disney, universal etc.. i called 407-238-2300 and talked with one of the people at the desk.

guess the 12 bucks for parking at sea world is not that bad... :) glad i can drive to Orlando cause between flying and getting around you can spend a grand for a family of 4 real quick.. plus the cost of food, parks, trinkits etc..

from NC it take about 70+- bucks for gas down , $40-50 for hotel one night plus food $40. coming back is gas $70 and food, lunch at like $20 bucks. total is like $350 or so, to go down and come back.. plus we have a car the whole time.. :whoopie:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We always have a car even if we don't use it much

just called the resort and the cost to Sea World is $10 per person and that is for round trip..

they pick up from resort at 8:30 and 11 am, return from park at 5:30, 7:30, 9:30 not sure about schedule for disney, universal etc.. i called 407-238-2300 and talked with one of the people at the desk.

guess the 12 bucks for parking at sea world is not that bad... :) glad i can drive to Orlando cause between flying and getting around you can spend a grand for a family of 4 real quick.. plus the cost of food, parks, trinkits etc..

from NC it take about 70+- bucks for gas down , $40-50 for hotel one night plus food $40. coming back is gas $70 and food, lunch at like $20 bucks. total is like $350 or so, to go down and come back.. plus we have a car the whole time.. :whoopie:

People who say they are going to "save" by not renting a car in Orlando always make me laugh. One or two shuttles or taxi's and the so called savings is history. Plus you are stuck with only the limited amount of restaurants/services in the walkable area of your resort/hotel. Not a problem at Cypress Pointe as there are literally a hundred stores/shops/restaurants/services within a short & safe walk, but that is a real rarity in Orlando. Of course all the parks, except those that you can access from Downtown Disney, require a car as well.

Between being stuck with limited, on site transportation, the relatively low rates for rentals and the cost of third party transportation there is no way I'd be in Orlando without a vehicle.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
can the one bedroom unit be used for separate accommodations or is it just a "bedroom" setting only..

I remember when we stayed in grand villa in the 2 bed side a couple from england was using the one bedside.. when we went in to meet them I remember it was quite large and had a small kitchenette area.

I have check out the images at the website and see a difference in the one bedroom units between grand villas but know things can change during the years and was just trying to get updated info..

Was thinking about having some friends go down and use that unit but wanted something more private for both parties..

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
can the one bedroom unit be used for separate accommodations or is it just a "bedroom" setting only..

I remember when we stayed in grand villa in the 2 bed side a couple from england was using the one bedside.. when we went in to meet them I remember it was quite large and had a small kitchenette area.

I have check out the images at the website and see a difference in the one bedroom units between grand villas but know things can change during the years and was just trying to get updated info..

Was thinking about having some friends go down and use that unit but wanted something more private for both parties..

The "B" side, as it iscalled, is a standalone unit with a king bed, private balcony, roman tub, shower, small refrigerator, microwave, dvd, 32" tv and more. No cook top or regular oven. Also has interior access to 2 BR side if wanted. It is smaller than the CPGV "B" side.